Mugen MTX-4

Old 07-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adim_X
Are you guys using on/off switches, or some kind of connector? Could you tell me what brand, or style?
I never run a switch, have had too many problems with them in the past. the vibration ends up killing them and the contacts start to bounce and cause radio problems. Most of us just run an ext lead to the top of the reciever cover stuck down with double sided tape, and just plug the Battery straight in. Eliminates one more component that can fail.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Quote:

Are you guys using on/off switches, or some kind of connector? Could you tell me what brand, or style?

This works great and cost $6
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-battwire.jpg  
Old 07-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by richey
Quote:

never had a prob but this looks neat,i think i may try this.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
I ended up going with the MTX-3 pinions and spurs, and haven't had any more problems stripping gears!! All the Mugen drivers at my local track have done the same!!
a friend of mine did that when stripped two gears on one day way too low! running the 16-20 1pitch mtx3 gears is like running 19-25 on the mtx4, no accelaration at all!
he later found out that the screw holding the graphite tray next to the brace was loose, he tied it and no more stripping.
I did this to prevent stripping gears.
1 6x10 .2mm shim between the pin and the bearing in the 2 speed shaft(or dremel the brace to avoid contact)
2 endplay of the main shaft shoul be minimum, enough so that the one way hub rolls freely without the spurs losing contact at all time with the pinions when the centax is engaged
3 check the space between the speed shoes, as long as there's no friction with the two speed hub, it's ok
4 adjust your centax at your most desirable setting, but keep in mind the endplay of the pinions, there should be contact at all time with the spus, if not, the signs of wear on your spur will let you know.
5 the most important, the pinions should be perfectly aligned both vertical and horizontal, the mtx4 is not unforgiving on this matter as the 3, and the reason is simple, smaller pinions!
6 adjust your gear meshing using only the smaller spur, should be parallel, free, and check the endplay of the centax, contact at all times, then install the bigger spur and it should be also free, if not too free, a couple runs will automatically adjust them!
I hope it helps you, cuz since I did this my spurs are like new, Heck I even have a 59 spur from my mtx3 running on my mtx4, and my 2 speed spur has 2 gallons of fuel and still works fine!

happy racing!

happy racing
Old 07-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Is the JP super hard clutch spring the same as the Mugen super hard clutch spring?

Whats the effect of the spring on clutch engagement? will it allow more rpm before the clutch engages?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

The harder the spring or more you tighten the nut, the higher the RPM the clutch will engage.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by richey
Quote:

Let me guess Rich....You ordered the wrong part number and you have 1000 of these things in stock???
Old 07-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Mugen MTX-4 for sale

mugen mtx-4 roller with tons of parts for sale on this thread for sale!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

i see u there Justin!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

id use the sanwa switch harness you can charge without unpluging the battery
Old 07-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default rear roll center

anyone who play ith the rear roll center, how does it affect the the handling ? I am running the original set up and it works very good. I would like to know how it perform if we changed the change the rear roll centre.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

depends on your track but ive found that the higher you have it the more rear grip you end up with and less when you have it at the bottom and the middle is inbetween, someone correct me if im wrong

Chris
Old 07-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Traction high = RC's down
Traction low = RC's up
Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy100
anyone who play ith the rear roll center, how does it affect the the handling ? I am running the original set up and it works very good. I would like to know how it perform if we changed the change the rear roll centre.
try it you dont know till you try it,my setup is on page 181
Old 07-20-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Justin Miller
Let me guess Rich....You ordered the wrong part number and you have 1000 of these things in stock???
LOL ok this is funny

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.