Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
So what is the general performance thoughts about the Mugen 4mm chassis. I have bought one but there is nothing wrong with my stock one at this point. Looks to me like having a little more weight down low might help...not to mention being stiffer. Of course stiffer is not always better.

JEFF
The main purpose of the 4mm chassis is to cut down on tweak, especially if you hit the pipes/boards hard. If your car is underweight or skating the minimum weight limit at sanctioned events, it adds that much needed weight without having to glue weights to parts of your upper deck or chassis.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
So what is the general performance thoughts about the Mugen 4mm chassis. I have bought one but there is nothing wrong with my stock one at this point. Looks to me like having a little more weight down low might help...not to mention being stiffer. Of course stiffer is not always better.

JEFF
the 4mm chassis has better cornering speed but theres diff ones to get, the kanack 4mm chassis is stiffer than the mugen,i have both,and a thicker chassis is more stable at high speed,a thiner chassis is lighter yes but it flexes and makes the car unperdictable.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
the 4mm chassis has better cornering speed but theres diff ones to get, the kanack 4mm chassis is stiffer than the mugen,i have both,and a thicker chassis is more stable at high speed,a thiner chassis is lighter yes but it flexes and makes the car unperdictable.
i read the japan artice about testing the mugen 4mm, they commented 3mm chassis have better cornering but 4mm gives you a bit stable in the long straight, the kawahara 1 piece engine mount really help to stiffen the 3mm chassis. The kanack 4mm is a nice piece but majority of people would prefer mugen 4mm as it has the offset area for low CG, which the hobby shop told me when I was there in Japan.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy100
i read the japan artice about testing the mugen 4mm, they commented 3mm chassis have better cornering but 4mm gives you a bit stable in the long straight, the kawahara 1 piece engine mount really help to stiffen the 3mm chassis. The kanack 4mm is a nice piece but majority of people would prefer mugen 4mm as it has the offset area for low CG, which the hobby shop told me when I was there in Japan.
i actually went back to 3mm chassis. i found the 4mm too twitchy and it did not steer the way i liked it to on some high speed s sections on my track.

i had the knack 4mm chassis. it is definately a super strong chassis
Old 07-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomB
i actually went back to 3mm chassis. i found the 4mm too twitchy and it did not steer the way i liked it to on some high speed s sections on my track.

ya it twitchy but i run on a kinda small track so its good to have all of them to get the car right for a certin kinda track. i race mostly at fastcats have a look at fastcats.ca
Old 07-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If TomB says the Knack chassis is strong but twitchy, beleive me, he would know. He hit just about everything on & off the track when he was using it, including a poor turn marshall. Not in the leg but on the thigh!!!

I believe the chassis looks like a banana now...
Old 07-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

the mugen chassis is 4mm but you do the drop the same as the stock one,a 3racing or kanack you do it diff,mugen 5mm drop in the rear but on the kanack its 6mm to be the same cuz the mugen is milled out on the top kanack is not and you can run the one peace motor mount like on the stock, i do run both chassis
Old 07-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

this maybe your setup
Old 07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedy100
3racing or kanack has lower CG
Old 07-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Snowy
If TomB says the Knack chassis is strong but twitchy, beleive me, he would know. He hit just about everything on & off the track when he was using it, including a poor turn marshall. Not in the leg but on the thigh!!!

I believe the chassis looks like a banana now...
I was 4mm chassis freak before, but after driving how good 3mm chassis was ... I won't go back to 4mm ones. Stop hitting things and correct car setup is the key to drive better and faster.

TomB: increase the height of rear suspension upper link and add more front & rear camber by another 1 degree ?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

can anyone advise me on car set up for crystal park? I never ran the Mugen there yet and will be unable to practice for the RC pro series.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can someone help me with a pipe/manifold kit that would be best for an mtx4 with an os tz engine? looking for part numbers so that i have everything i need, the last pipe i bought only had the pipe, no other connecting hardware and i'm not sure i'm getting maximum performance out of it because i had to mix and match parts. thanks for the tech help on this thread!

racer-oZ
Old 07-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

does anyone noe when the mtx-4 prospec will be out?

Mike
Old 07-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by factory racer
does anyone noe when the mtx-4 prospec will be out?

Mike
Originally Posted by stefan
August 22, 2006, 12:34 p.m.,pacific time
It really depends on your time zone.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

i live in toronto ontario ( IN CANADA) ....do you tihnk it would be over the winter time or just at the end of the season???

thanks

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.