Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slingblade
I am going to run at a place that is HE** on foam tires. Everyone there runs rubber. Which side pully should I run since my tires will be the same size? It will be my first time to run the car. Thanks in advance......
The 25T side pulley is supposed to get u 1:1 drive ratio to run rubbers.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

You also have to take into consideration that fast guys use different things and testing and trial and error play a large part in the hobby daring to be different can bring you results. The issues is if the results are desirable or not but only true trial and error can do that for you.

It is easy to remain at a particular level but to exceed and surpass you should try things out. Common information gives you common results but the guys that live on the edge like Swauger, Burch, Cyrul, have trial and error on their side to keep them on that cutting edge of power and speed. Trying to break from the norm is what true results are made of. So try out a few things and see really what is best for you.

Last edited by kcrunchone; 03-22-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
The 25T side pulley is supposed to get u 1:1 drive ratio to run rubbers.
Is this front side pulley or rear side pulley ?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by asw7576
Is this front side pulley or rear side pulley ?
Front, cuz the car is set to be front wheel overdrive.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Tech Addict

The front..

You have to consider your internal ratios if you are making calculations an issue. It is a proven fact with certain layouts and track elevations it may be necessary to use under drive or overdrive and this is where homework and trial and error comes into play, Often you can dial the car in by applying the ratios, it is a proven fact that while applying these factors you can apply in corner speed and exiting corner speed, straight away power. I have made a few races putting my car on the track at a few different tracks and always find that it is best to keep an open mind and often ask questions on what is most commonly used by the regulars at a particular track. When the car makers build our cars that we love so much they calculate these factors and so should we it will in the end only produce a better running and more efficient operating vehicle. Play around with the pulleys, the end is that you want the best result. See what can give you smoother and faster all around power and what works is the key.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
When the car makers build our cars that we love so much they calculate these factors and so should we it will in the end only produce a better running and more efficient operating vehicle. Play around with the pulleys, the end is that you want the best result. See what can give you smoother and faster all around power and what works is the key.
Wow, chief, i'm always impressed to learn from ur knowledge. Btw, my gf will probably take some more time to work on the flyer cuz school's been very busy for her.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Wow, chief, i'm always impressed to learn from ur knowledge. Btw, my gf will probably take some more time to work on the flyer cuz school's been very busy for her.
Not to worry we are having a meeting on Friday and I will post on the site the outcome. We also have a racer that volunteered also wanting to help out as well. If in fact all the things come about that we are aiming for we will need the help. Tell her I have not forgotten about her but I am really busy right now. I also sent her an email.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
The front..

You have to consider your internal ratios if you are making calculations an issue. It is a proven fact with certain layouts and track elevations it may be necessary to use under drive or overdrive and this is where homework and trial and error comes into play, Often you can dial the car in by applying the ratios, it is a proven fact that while applying these factors you can apply in corner speed and exiting corner speed, straight away power. I have made a few races putting my car on the track at a few different tracks and always find that it is best to keep an open mind and often ask questions on what is most commonly used by the regulars at a particular track. When the car makers build our cars that we love so much they calculate these factors and so should we it will in the end only produce a better running and more efficient operating vehicle. Play around with the pulleys, the end is that you want the best result. See what can give you smoother and faster all around power and what works is the key.
well said kcrunchone
have to allway keep an open mind
Old 03-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slingblade
I am going to run at a place that is HE** on foam tires. Everyone there runs rubber. Which side pully should I run since my tires will be the same size? It will be my first time to run the car. Thanks in advance......
Then, just use the 25T pulley, some kits (the earliers) came with 23 & 24T and the laters came with 24 & 25T.

BTW: Why you tell you're going to run at a place that is HE** on foams? Please, explain this, maybe we can help you and get some guys with the pants down.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

When we where running rubber tires I liked the diff in the front better then a one way. I ran 10,000 weight fluid in the front and 7,000 in the rear diff.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just got a setup station and having some confusion with setting up the front. Could anyone give me some tips or simple instructions on how to set the adjuster on the left front sway blade holder? I'm kind of confused of how it should be working cuz I adjust the front lower arms at the same hight and droop on the setup station, but after the sway blades are connected the droops become unbalanced. Also how much should the sway blade end ball go in to the cup hole connecting to the other end? Thx.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Is very simple....

First verify that you have the shocks disconected

Second disconect the sway bars.

Loose a little bit the eccentric on the left side of the car (drivers side).

Set the droop on both sides equally.

Connect the sway bar

If there is a difference, move the eccentric until both are equally. Then tight the eccentric screw and connect the shocks

You should be done.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

First thx for the reply,

I did the same thing you just described before, but it seems that no matter where the eccentric is positioned there is still some droop difference from left to right.....maybe there is something incorrect with connectiong the sway bars? I just never seem to figure out how deep the ball end should go in to the cup when connecting the sway bars cuz as soon as they are connected the droop setting becomes off......
Old 03-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

OK Your welcome:

In that case, verify all suspension arms that probably one side is bent.

Normally when you can't set it with the eccentric, it means that you have one arm bent or something else bent.

About how deep, I normally loose both side and move the push it completly and move the suspension up and down, and tight it where the set by themself.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

The chassis is still brand new and I'm 100% sure nothing is damaged, and the suspension is like frictionlessly free.

I will try your sway bar connection process and double check the holders when I have time to work on the car again. Thanks so much for the tips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.