Mugen MTX-4

Old 12-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
The car had a bad off power push, and slightly loose on power. When I tried to push the car on power it breaks loose. I think this is mostly due to low traction.

I am using 37's all around.
rear hinge pins all the way down(I usually use this with low traction, up for high traction)
front pins all the way down
30K rear diff oil
kit shock springs
600 wt shock oil
no shims under camber link rear---middle hole inboard camber link
rear camber -3.5---2.0 front
-3 rear toe
-1 front toe
23 tooth pulley
I will play with it more when I get to FT Myers(high traction)

Basically a stock setup, any suggestion are appreciated.
I think your problem is the rear diff
unlike the MTX3 the X4 seems to be alot happier with the 10k as per the set up sheet
Old 12-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

i think 3 degrees of rear toe in is too much...............2 is more than enough, here in Brazil even at low bite tracks there are many fast drivers running 1.5º of rear toe in with 50k rear diff oil (the fastest guy used solid front and 100,000 rear diff oil!).......we're also using 2mm of shims under rear camber link........
Old 12-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

The car had a bad off power push, and slightly loose on power. When I tried to push the car on power it breaks loose. I think this is mostly due to low traction.
You could also try adding castor to the front. This should give you a bit more turn in off power and and a little less on the power exiting the corner..
Old 12-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

here is a very good setting (with front diff)
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-edudias_27112005_indaiatuba.jpg  
Old 12-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

after all d while RRR dominates most of our local race,I manage to take over the place last weekend wit my 2nd race X4,1st race no finals due to raining but i qualified 3rd,the latest last sunday wit d same lyout,i did TQ and clock the fastest time in the qualifying and finals too.It was awesome wit my stock nsr5 performance.
Final A i lead from the first start till the 30mnts endtime which i m shock with what X4 could do coz it was like walking into a park with its smooth and ez handling,gear shifting and stability of he car impressed the spectators and that makes me wnat to go faster with their supports.Even the current RRR top driver cant really coop wit X4 and i won the race by 5laps infront..only 2 X4s in that A and the rest was RRR.My partner was at d 2nd placing till he was brought down by a backmarker which i dont really know the real situation and he ended up 8th placing..
We were 1st and 3rd starting pole,he did the 1st TQ timing foolowed by me with 8secs different.2nd position was d top RRR driver 5secs behind.
Cant wait for another club race this coming 8th.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Corse-R

Anyway... Have some pieces for the car (in fact I'll pickup tomorrow of the store). Teflon brake pads and one brake rotor (Ennetti rotor). Heard of the blue brake pads... anyone uses them? what's on them regarding the black ones?
Should have better bite then the black pads, in the sense where we have more braking control. I am experiencing brake fading now.

I will try with the mugen ventilated disc and blue pads and see if the fade fades away..
Old 12-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

I gave my MTX4 a full rundown too. The car seems to be VERY stable(stratus 3.1). I will have to find a way to get more steering without breaking rear traction to compete with the RRR. The track was very low traction. I think it will be better in high traction.
Softer oil like 30, 35, 40
Old 12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Does anybody know what belt from another car fits the MTX4? I happened to have picked up a belt to check for fit, I thought it was for the x4, but it fits much better, no slack. Somebody said it might be from the RRR.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

rear hinge pins all the way down(I usually use this with low traction, up for high traction)
30K rear diff oil
kit shock springs
600 wt shock oil
-3 rear toe
-1 front toe
23 tooth pulley

You have had a variety of ideas. Some of which I like. My car was very similar to yours. Pushed lots off power. My car if I got on the gas too hard would come around. Here is what I did. On low power stick with the 30k rear oil, or try going back to 10k. Another thing I did is droop. I am running 2 in the front and the back. I also would change the rear toe in to 1.5. It seems that these changes have a greater effect off power than on power.. I am now running 500wt front oil with the shocks all the way down. Front sway bar flat and I am using a 2.2 rear bar. I found that when the rear end is coming around it is due to my happy trigger finger. I went with a soft tire such as you have. Possibly take out .5-1 degree of rear camber. I then tried something else which was great. I use the 24t pulley and am running more front drive than most. I have run my split as low as .5mm. As long as I don't rip too hard too fast on the trigger, I get tons of on power steering and the rear still stays planted. If you can, try the Kawahar 37's on the low bite track. They have a little more bite than the the GRP branded tires. My front toe out is only .5/side, but I think it would be a little better with 1/side. Definitely try the droop and and the rear toe. Ease into the throttle and I bet the rear will stay planted and the front will bite too.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Does anybody know what belt from another car fits the MTX4? I happened to have picked up a belt to check for fit, I thought it was for the x4, but it fits much better, no slack. Somebody said it might be from the RRR.
This will be great information.

I'll open mine and bring it to LHS for comparison with 710, G4, RRR
Old 12-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Are you sure that it is not the urethane side belt that was made for the 23t pulley. It fits with very little slack on the 24t pulley.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
This will be great information.

I'll open mine and bring it to LHS for comparison with 710, G4, RRR
i use the Kawahara for RRR, it fits very well. But it also gets for x4 too.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

30K rear diff oil
kit shock springs
600 wt shock oil
-3 rear toe
-1 front toe
23 tooth pulley

I noticed the off power push also. At first I thought my EPA was set wrong but I checked that and it was fine. I'm going to try to fit the RRR front hubs on the car since it has less built in caster.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Clutch Bell mark ?

Dear MTX4 Racers,

I've just noticed my MTX4 chassis having a slight wear mark underneath where the clutch bell is after a few racing sessions.

Have anyone experienced this ? The 5x8 bearings looks fine. Anyway, i've grind down that area more just in case it will go rubbing again.

Happy Racing !
Old 12-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm sure I will get a nice setup with all the tips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.