Mugen MTX-4

Old 07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
I understand your point, but like I just stated earlier, how is this relavent to the MTX-4? This is suppose to be a thread discussing the MTX-4, not getting into deep discussions on the G4/Mongoose. There are already threads on this forum about that car.
It is not relevent. Just responding to your post on top of this page, which is not relevent either!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Okay, let me ask you this, "If the G4/Mongoose is so great, why don't you see it in the top 10 at the national level?"
How many Mugen cars in the top 10 last WC in Brazil?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brooklynrc
do you think MTX-4 will be making an appearance at Great Lakes Challenge in August?
I am almost certain there will not be an MTX-4 at the GLC
Old 07-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daniz24
How many Mugen cars in the top 10 last WC in Brazil?
None if Mugen did not send its top drivers or Swauger did not do well (I don't know if he was there or not). However, at least Mugen has been in the top 10 and winning races around the world. How many G4/Mongoose cars were in the top 10 in that same race in Brazil? Oh, let me answer that one for you, ZERO.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
It is not relevent. Just responding to your post on top of this page, which is not relevent either!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

does anyone have any pics of the MTX-4????? and do u think its worth it to buy a brand new MTX-3 for an awsome price now or just wait until the MTX-4 comes out

thanks
Mike
Old 07-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

None if Mugen did not send its top drivers or Swauger did not do well (I don't know if he was there or not). However, at least Mugen has been in the top 10 and winning races around the world. How many G4/Mongoose cars were in the top 10 in that same race in Brazil? Oh, let me answer that one for you, ZERO.
Yeah he was there. Made it to the Semifinal I think.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

yeah in the march issue of rc car action it said the mugen guys were there but they said mike couldnt get it together before the final
Old 07-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

so when is this thing hitting the market, from the looks of it im not even going to get my hands onit this season
Old 07-15-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brooklynrc
do you think MTX-4 will be making an appearance at Great Lakes Challenge in August?
Sorry, won't have it ready
Old 07-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which its the last data for release ? ...

If you see at http://www.ararweb.com.ar/sudam.php?op=lista which its the list of pre-entries for the Southamerican Championship in Argentina (Octibre 6th to 10th this year), a couple of Mugen Drivers from Brazil listed their participation as "MTX-4" chassis ...
Old 07-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

is the mtx-4 going to be a prospec version or no????
Old 07-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
At the national level, driver matters more than the chassis. As long as you have a relatively competitive chassis, it's the driver that will make a difference. Case in point, what happened at the worlds? Where are the Mugens? Is the MTX-3 not competitive? I think you know the reason why MTX-3 did not make the A is not because the car is slow but because Mugen did not send their top team out to Brazil.

I don't know many top drivers in the US that is sponsored by Team Magic to drive the G4. In fact, I don't know any. Whereas in Taiwan where G4 is made, it regularily TQ and win national races besting the RRR, 710, and MTX-3's out there. Why? cause the top drivers there are sponsored to drive the G4.
Sorry to chime in but I couldn't let this one slide by.............
Unless you were there you don't know, the US team was there and yes it was not the car or driving skills that kept the car out of the top ten.
The Kyosho team came very prepared everyone else including Mugen was taken by surprised by there effort, and I also think Mugen USA has proven themselves at every race since then.
If you think one race proves a car to be superior to another then that's your opinion but I think consistency proves more.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grasshopperr
yeah in the march issue of rc car action it said the mugen guys were there but they said mike couldnt get it together before the final
Lets just say bad luck, it had nothing to do with skills.
With rain almost every day bad fuel issues then to top it off his throttle servo goe's out in the middle of his run in the semi finals when he was in second..............it was like it was not ment to be.
Team Mugen USA went with three drivers from the USA when everyone else had very large teams, 10 or more on a team what are the odds one will get into the main, 20 or more on a team makes the odds better.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
Sorry to chime in but I couldn't let this one slide by.............
Unless you were there you don't know, the US team was there and yes it was not the car or driving skills that kept the car out of the top ten.
The Kyosho team came very prepared everyone else including Mugen was taken by surprised by there effort, and I also think Mugen USA has proven themselves at every race since then.
If you think one race proves a car to be superior to another then that's your opinion but I think consistency proves more.
Robbie, some of the top Mugen guys like Fukuda from Japan did not make it to Brazil. Read my post again I said specifically that it's not the car. Nor did I said that one race prove anything but it was cited as an example why it's not the car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.