Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
V-ONE S Thread >

V-ONE S Thread

V-ONE S Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Well we have what i'd call a long straight, and it was killing some of the cars with really good .12 and 2speeds, and i was dead stock, it just had a massive power pull down the straight away, and wanted to break traction all the time out of corners
Oh and i also couldnt get full throttle.

And how did you manage to break ya servo?

I did in my servo saver in the first race, but it was put back together cause it was just a screw that came out

Last edited by V-One S; 08-29-2002 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by V-One S
Well we have what i'd call a long straight, and it was killing some of the cars with really good .12 and 2speeds, and i was dead stock, it just had a massive power pull down the straight away, and wanted to break traction all the time out of corners

LONG..... haha that straight isnt long... those cars u were passing wernt using the 2speed coz its so damn short
wait till u come to nowra where the big boys play our straight is about 2.5times longer and every car with a 2speed kill's single speed's
Old 08-29-2002, 01:09 AM
Tech Addict

Chris, those guys 2speeds were working full force, you could hear them shift, and they'd hit peak rpm most of em at the breaking point

they were set up alot of them (gearing) for that track
Old 08-29-2002, 01:33 AM
Tech Master

Default One-way

No idea yet, last 2 weekends were rained out. that sux.

I need a second car cos the two tracks I run at, Newcastle and Mingara are so different its unreal. Newcastle resembles an off-road track , its short and rough whereas Mingara which im new to
is a really good surface with a good size straight that runs into a sweeper.
I will advise but I suspect the 1-way will be out after the first heat at Newcastle.

In regards to single speed vs 2-speed.......
2 speed rocks..... if your faster than them with a single speed they arent setting them up right. The two speed is approx 20% lower geared in first and 15% higher in second from memory, on both tracks I race at my lap times were quicker 0.5>1.0 second in fact with the two speed and this was consistent with both the gs15r and the Novarossi cx12p. The trick to two speeds is having the shift point adjusted right for the track your racing at.

OK Now to get dangerous ..........what tyres does everyone run?

No opinions on everyone elses choices, just brand, type, shore(heat) and why you like them.

GT

Old 08-30-2002, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Well, what i was saying about the 2speeds was cause they were shifting right, but my car just seemed to come out of the blocks quicker and keep that way, i did nearly a proper set-up drag down a straight with a rolling start,
I came around the last corner slowed right up, waited for another car to come around, then as he was beside me i gave it everything and mine just killed it. so yeah

If you need a second 2 race at 2 different tracks, and one you say is like an off-road track, it can't be too healthy for the car if its getting even some air under it really.
Or do you mean just by the layout?

And to do with tyres, i've only just worn out the stock tyres, and i've been advised to run with the Take Off, 23 Front, and Take Off 27 rear, thats from memory, hard insert front, medium insert rear.

I havent actually used anything on the V-One S apart from the stock tyres.

So yeah

I hope to hear from you soon about the front One-Way, hopefully it all goes good
Old 08-30-2002, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by V-One S
Chris, those guys 2speeds were working full force, you could hear them shift, and they'd hit peak rpm most of em at the breaking point

they were set up alot of them (gearing) for that track

v one s no they wernt set up for the track all of the nowra boys (wich was most of the nito people therw) didnt do nothing to their 2 speeds no even change the shifting point and nobodys 2 sppeds where kicking in and if they did the second they did they had to hit the brakes
Old 08-30-2002, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Brett, ask darren, all the wollongong guys were setup for that track with there 2 speeds.

I was around at some of the benches after the 1st stock B heat, and everyone was changing gearing, the wollongong guys were setup
Old 08-30-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

but matt u went even racing with them... most of if not all of the ppl u raced with have single speeds

and u said changing gearing... we aint talkin about gaering.. shift points mate
Old 08-30-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Default V-one s

The tracks not that bad the difference is at one track ;
Foam tyres, 4mm ride height 1.5deg camber etc

the other

Rubber tyres, 6mm ride height 3deg camber etc

you get the picture....Its just a pain in the arse changing it around all the time and when you do its rains out and ya have to change it back again etc etc etc

Christmas fast approaching mmmmmmmmmm sounds like time for a v-1-rr.
GT

V-one-s, Lynx 3d, cx12ps2..............no tc3 thanks hehehehehe
Old 08-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Default woops

I screwed up!
foam = 3deg
Rubber = 1.5deg
Old 08-30-2002, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: V-one s

Originally posted by squizzytaylor

V-one-s, Lynx 3d, cx12ps2..............no tc3 thanks hehehehehe

do u race at moorebank?... what about imcc?
Old 08-31-2002, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Default Chris-o

No Moorebank, just Mingara and Newcastle.... but be fair if I cant give associated a hard time on a kyosho forum there something wrong!

Actually the nitro tc3s do go hard and I do have a fair bit of respect for them. There are only 2 at Newcastle and one is driven by a real goose who couldn't drive his finger up his exhaust! But the other one is a missile...powered by an MT12 and the driver is switched on too.

One of the primary reasons I switched to the cx12 was to get into running against a better class of car/driver and Ive got to admit ive been enjoying racing alot more since doing so.

Im trying to get around to different clubs as I can for a run and so far have only been to Tamworth (go if you can ...top people top club top time!) and do intend on crashing (bad word) You South coast guys in the near future!

GT

Old 09-02-2002, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default Quiet in here

Hey guys,
It's gotten rather quiet in here the past few days,
come on make some posts.
Liven it up

Have u gotten to run the V-One S with the One-Way yet squizzy?
Old 09-02-2002, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hi V-One-S

Hi V-One-S,

Just got a chance to run at my local track last weekend. The caster setting looks good. I also threw on harder springs on the front.

But here's a funny story...sometime back, my servo saver fell apart, so the stupid ol me thought that the best way would be to glue them together not knowing that there is suppose to be some give in it. So...story ends by me stripping 3 servos in a week. So I had to order in a new set of servo saver and 5 sets of servo gears...(good thing they only cost 1.65AUD here!) But I'm thinking of getting some metal geared ones. What are the servos that you guys use?

Regards,

Jeff
Old 09-03-2002, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Default Hi V-One-S

one heat and then it p!sses down with rain....good on ya.

Actually I wanted a comparison so I put the normal diff with 50000
wt mugen oil in for the first heat on brand new sorex tyres 32f 28r
and it handled like a bucket of crap! But I had also messed with my shock settings etc so ....sucks to be me hey !

If the weathers good this weekend Im going to have a full day at the track just messing with it to see what I can sort out, Half the problem is that there are about 8 guys from our track who ask me to sort thier cars out all the time and I dont get time to look at my own until the night before race day. On top of this some great act of stupidity inspired me to buy a Corally c4 on the weekend.......fun little toy but not for the cat hehehehehehehe.

neway will see what happens this weekend

Geoff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.