Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
V-ONE S Thread >

V-ONE S Thread

V-ONE S Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default UM 210

I bought a UM 210, but it seems much thinner from my old stock clutch how can i fit this to my engine? is it possible to use it or do i need to buy new one... hope someone would help me on this. tnx
Old 12-15-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: about tyres

Originally posted by bulletdays
tnx a lot ben those surely worx...

by the way i need some few things to know regarding tires, in our race track here in dubai many pipz are saying that foam tires are the best even the fastest driver here uses it, ive tried to run with it, but i always skid, so i decided to change it to slick, now it work quite fine, but i think there is big advantage using foam... just wonder how they set it up here, do u have any idea?
thnks so much...
If you use foam, you have to make changes on your suspensions set-up as well. Try putting anti-roll bar at the rear and lower your chassis height to 5mm (hammer it down as they say). Use softer springs or shock-oil at the rear and medium at the front. Also you have to change your style of driving as well. Maybe you are braking late on the corners. Try feathering your brake before entering corners. Also these fast guys you are mentioning, do they us front one-way differential on their cars?.....
Old 12-15-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

For a beginner i definately discourage the use of a front one way as it certainly makes the car more difficult to control.

To bulletdays:
Do you use the same width foams all round? wider rear foams may be better and dont forget to dial in some neg camber. Foams certainly have much more grip compared to rubbers. What joel mentioned is correct as you can use a more understeer setup to counter the spinout.. also try rear toe in. If nothing works, try asking someone at the track for help. Im sure they are happy to give you some tips. As for the UM210, they certainly will work if you are using the stock engine. They are long lasting too.

Another go-fast tip:
try drilling a small hole at each end of the clutch where the edge comes out when engaged. try to remove the same amount of weight on both sides. this lightens the clutch and causes it to engage later and make more power. i have tried this successfully and it improves the pick up by qutie alot. however it is only suitable for v1s with 2speed as single speed will meet max rev very early and damage the engine. you will have to retune the engine and/or 2speed after this mod

Im not liable for any damgage caused.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

joel, i am not sure if they are using one way front drive, maybe i will try to change the setup next time i practice, what is the shore that we need for dubai race track? tnx a lot hope to see you in the track one time... so you can guide me a little hehe..tnx men.

ben, hi tnx for thought, i think im gonna play around with my setup until i get what i want, what should be the sizes of foam tires for front and rear... and about the clutch, im not using a stock, I use OS TR series engine, do you think its possible? or i need to get a new one..tnx a lot
Old 12-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default guys!

hi im using silicone oil 400 wt for both rear and front is that ok or should i lighten the rear oil?
Old 12-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: guys!

Originally posted by bulletdays
hi im using silicone oil 400 wt for both rear and front is that ok or should i lighten the rear oil?
try changing springs first, medium at front and soft at the rear.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

i already changed the springs, to that setup... so do u think my diff oil wt is fine?...
Old 12-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Diff oil is dependent on the track. I use 7000 F/R. As for foams, many people here use 26mm F and 30mm R.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default foam

tnx ben, for that foam tires are they using 45 f / 40 r shore? tnx.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default Internet stores

Hi to all anyone knows which is the best online store for foam tires? and are they safe? or verified by Verisign for security reasons.tnx guys.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

lower shore wears faster but has more grip and in reverse.
For normal running i believe 40shore is fine but the environment plays a part too. Some fast guys at my track like to run 36s
Old 12-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Pinch Test

some of the tuning process i have read is saying that when i pinch the fuel line 1 cm from the carb, then the rpm increases far too much 'its reach' some notes says 'its lean'.

Can somebody help, im confused...tnx
Old 12-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would say it was too lean. but I am no expert.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

tnx men.. i think i mispelled the 'reach' thing should be rich, uhm sori.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

When you pinch the fuel tubing to shutoff the engine, if it dies off very easily that means it's too lean because there is too little fuel supply. And if takes a long time to shut off that means it's too rich because there is still alot of fuel supply when u reduce it by pinching. Find the balance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.