Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
V-ONE S Thread >

V-ONE S Thread

V-ONE S Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

also while ur here if you think theres a better pipe for around that cost or less id like your opinion

Cheers, Phil
Old 03-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by phildee
also while ur here if you think theres a better pipe for around that cost or less id like your opinion

Cheers, Phil
I really liked the performance offered by the venom but glue the stingers in place cos they will fall out.
The head is a good thing i feel, but SP Racer who has been to the Kyosho Cup etc doesnt feel that they're so good, for me it represented a massive drop in operating temp, however I upgraded shortly after to the Novarossi so I have no long term experience with it. Lue's a pretty easy guy to get along with so we may as well ask him what he thinks and why? Input please Lue!

gt

Old 03-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmm well its coming up to winter here and by summer if I get the hang of this car I mite be able to afford a new engine anyway and I can always put that $70 to a better engine, decisions, decisions
Old 03-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

OK, thanks for that, I'll have to get a V-ONE-R then (it fits that doesn't it? - XP12) I was hoping to get the "S" then sell the GT15 engine....OH well

Thanks for help

GP
Old 03-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Cheers, Phil
I got a pipe that Sir Sola (Sp Racer) recommends. The part number for Radio Model Supplies is EAGPB1503.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

For the special Blue Cylinder, there is now major improvement.

Maybe it would help with the cooling of the engine but not by much. Its just there for the looks. So don't waste $71 on something with just looks, how about 2 speed?
Chuck in about extra $30 and you get two speed.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

The head is sorta ok but I had to get up early to come play with the v-ones so about the blue heatsink do u think its worth getting?
To me the blue sink is more about looks...

I'd save the money and put it towards a new engine when the stock one dies.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Hmmm well its coming up to winter here and by summer if I get the hang of this car I mite be able to afford a new engine anyway and I can always put that $70 to a better engine, decisions, decisions
I suppose first and foremost you need to decide whether or not youre gonna race and if so what class before you too much.

If your gonna race youll need tyres straight away and then depending on the class possibly a two speed.

If your serious about upgrading later the head is more than likely unneccesary.

Do you know the specs for the classes at where you want to race?

gt

Old 03-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

the class ill be running in is the nitro tourer class mentioned before, I think ill try race this season but not too seriously as its already been going for a while, witha fair few people with stock cars now I hope our club chooses to run a Stock class. 2 speed I dont want right yet as then id be going straight into nitro pro tourer.

For now at least I will stick to running rubber tires and have bought a set of Take-Off's to try out anyway and ill keep the stock ones and just buy cheap stuff to bash with.

Now the eagle pipe is about $20 cheaper I dont know which one to get also the thunder tiger ts4 header is better to use isnt it?

The venom looks cooler will this pipe still suit a new engine if I choose to upgrade at a later date?
Old 03-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

the class ill be running in is the nitro tourer class mentioned before, I think ill try race this season but not too seriously as its already been going for a while, witha fair few people with stock cars now I hope our club chooses to run a Stock class. 2 speed I dont want right yet as then id be going straight into nitro pro tourer.

For now at least I will stick to running rubber tires and have bought a set of Take-Off's to try out anyway and ill keep the stock ones and just buy cheap stuff to bash with.

Now the eagle pipe is about $20 cheaper I dont know which one to get also the thunder tiger ts4 header is better to use isnt it?

The venom looks cooler will this pipe still suit a new engine if I choose to upgrade at a later date?
Leave the header alone, The take-offs are excellent and dont worry about the two-speed then. The eagle or venom are fine as far as pipes go the eagle being the quieter of the two.I was aware you wanted to run Nitro Tourer but I wasnt aware of the class specs.

gt

Old 03-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Phildee, what's the name of your club?
Old 03-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

I havent become a member yet but the club is West Coast RC club

Nitro Tourer (Single Speed)
• Any brand of IFMAR legal 2wd or 4wd 200mm Touring Car chassis.
• Kit engine (pull-start only), OR any .12ci engine (pull-start or non pull-start)
• Tuned pipe allowed.
• Single speed transmission, any ratio.
• Rubber tyres and inserts (27mm max width/24mm min width, any brand or profile).
• Foam rubber tyres (front 26mm max width, rear 30mm max width/24mm min width).
• Kit body shell aftermarket sedan/GT style (no wedge bodies).
• Any suspension/chassis upgrades.
• Shock/diff oils open
• Any fuel (30% nitro max.).
Old 03-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, that's a VORTEC affiliated club.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Ok I ordered the Venom pipe and some cheap tires for bashing i wont bother with the blue head for now, see how it goes
Old 03-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

i think ive found wats wrong with my engine

it has the same symtoms last time it srewed up majorly... so i thinks i have a air leak and im guessing its the flywheel bearing, so im going to replace the engine bearings and thats it... if that dont fix it i will chuck it in the bin :P

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.