Wiki Posts
Search

On Road Club fees

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default On Road Club fees

Hi, I'm a beginner and I'm very curious to see what people pay to drive on road every time they go to their local track.

Thanks! =)
Old 08-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good question
Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

It depend on the track facility, Club you join. If your club member of what like ROAR, EFRA, IMFRA organization they have there membership each year. Open track fee's may be $20, not a member. Member of Club at track could be $10. It depends on the track Facility, every place has it own fee's.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

I'm trying to get a vague idea of what others pay. Some clubs make you pay eveytime you go or some make you pay an annual fee. What do you guys pay? Do you think it is reasonable? How much does your club fee add up to if you go to the type of track that makes you pay every time you go?

=)
Old 08-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Where you located? How much your local Track charge you? Club have there fee are different. Entering local races could be $45!!! Practice antwhere b/n $10 to $20. They have overhead!!! And Maintenance!!! Nitro not cheap.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Where I'm from my local track ( blue diamond ) charges $60 a year for single $90 for family....practices are free if you have the membership.. $10 without membership.... club races are $25 for one class $10 for the second class and $5 for the third class...
Old 08-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

£50($78.36) Membership for the year
£5($7.83) club day race fee for members
£7($10.97) club day race fee for non-members
£15($23.50) for 200mm national race entry fee
Practice is free if you're a member, non-members cannot practice on the track.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I guess I'm blessed.

25.00 yearly club membership (includes key to track)
0.00 practice
5.00 test and tune days (prepped track)
10.00 club races.

In comparison, off road fees run in the area from 12-15 per race day, 5-12 dollars practice fees. No off road clubs in he area...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

My local track has a fee every time to go and it's $20 person. I'm located in Canada so I guess the price should be overkill/
Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fung_kyle
My local track has a fee every time to go and it's $20 person. I'm located in Canada so I guess the price should be overkill/
Where in Canada? We have several members from Ontario that club race with us weekly.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Post overkill?

Originally Posted by fung_kyle
Well Kyle i'm not too sure if you fully understand how much money is needed to run a day at the track. The track that you run on is not a permanent track. So the club must pay a lease fee for that day, plus the land owner will not let us run without insurance to protect everyone that is present at the track. Also the funds needed to up keep the track can get a little high. Not a lot of people realize that boards and piping used to build the track does get broken during race days and unfortunatly those items are not free. The AMB system, gasoline,pop for traction Etc. Ect. the list goes on! I hope this gives you a little insight to where your $20 goes to.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yoshi4
Well Kyle i'm not too sure if you fully understand how much money is needed to run a day at the track. The track that you run on is not a permanent track. So the club must pay a lease fee for that day, plus the land owner will not let us run without insurance to protect everyone that is present at the track. Also the funds needed to up keep the track can get a little high. Not a lot of people realize that boards and piping used to build the track does get broken during race days and unfortunatly those items are not free. The AMB system, gasoline,pop for traction Etc. Ect. the list goes on! I hope this gives you a little insight to where your $20 goes to.
Don't you you think it's stupid that Canada is the 2nd largest country with so less tracks? Especially on road? I personally believe that RC is a great way to boost the economy as the cost is quite high. Also there should be an incentive for those that go setup the track. Like for example people who setipth track should be eligible to a discount for that practice day.

=)
Old 08-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This post may come accross a little rough, but unfortunately its reality.....Many racers have no idea that many clubs and race tracks break even or loose money. In my few years in the hobby it has been a constant battle to keep the local tracks open.....too little money and waaaay too much headache of listening to whiney ass racers.

My local onroad had no permanent location, since they can never make enough money to lease one....so we have been fortunate enough to find a few places that will allow us to run.....we charge $10 per car and with no lease or insurance costs, that still barely covers the cost of maintaining the track materials.

I dont want to get on they guy who started this....but go my mylaps.com and price out a timing system, then go to bestbuy.com and price out a laptop and printer, ink paper, power cords and a PA system, then go to roaddome.com and price out track material, if its on carpet go try to price that out, you will probably crap when you see its over $4000.

A track owner or race director can EASILY have to front $8,000- $10,000 of his own money just to get started..... we have not even got into the costs of a leased building or property, utilities, insurance etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....... Most race directors do it because they enjoy it not because its profitable.

Hate to say it this way but........shut up, pay the fee and be glad you have somewhere to race.....because many people have had their tracks close and have NOWHERE or even better front the money yourself and try to get one going on your own, then see if you complain then .

to answer your question....in my area average club race fee is $15 per car...plus $5 to rent a transponder......on a "prize race" day or bigger event closer to $45 to $60 per car depending on prizes and handouts (shirts tires etc.).... on a larger national type events you can see entry fees in excess of $100 per car.

Last edited by utah300rum; 08-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Thanks!

Originally Posted by utah300rum
This post may come accross a little rough, but unfortunately its reality.....Many racers have no idea that many clubs and race tracks break even or loose money. In my few years in the hobby it has been a constant battle to keep the local tracks open.....too little money and waaaay too much headache of listening to whiney ass racers.

My local onroad had no permanent location, since they can never make enough money to lease one....so we have been fortunate enough to find a few places that will allow us to run.....we charge $10 per car and with no lease or insurance costs, that still barely covers the cost of maintaining the track materials.

I dont want to get on they guy who started this....but go my mylaps.com and price out a timing system, then go to bestbuy.com and price out a laptop and printer, ink paper, power cords and a PA system, then go to roaddome.com and price out track material, if its on carpet go try to price that out, you will probably crap when you see its over $4000.

A track owner or race director can EASILY have to front $8,000- $10,000 of his own money just to get started..... we have not even got into the costs of a leased building or property, utilities, insurance etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc....... Most race directors do it because they enjoy it not because its profitable.

Hate to say it this way but........shut up, pay the fee and be glad you have somewhere to race.....because many people have had their tracks close and have NOWHERE or even better front the money yourself and try to get one going on your own, then see if you complain then .

to answer your question....in my area average club race fee is $15 per car...plus $5 to rent a transponder......on a "prize race" day or bigger event closer to $45 to $60 per car depending on prizes and handouts (shirts tires etc.).... on a larger national type events you can see entry fees in excess of $100 per car.
Ahhhhhhh Thanks! finally someone who truly understands some the pain and agony of running a club. Well said!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yoshi4
Ahhhhhhh Thanks! finally someone who truly understands some the pain and agony of running a club. Well said!!!
Other than the PT system, and track material. I think racers can lend their laptop or printer out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.