R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Looking for a new car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/651213-looking-new-car.html)

ghost3411283 08-03-2012 02:55 PM

Looking for a new car

I have been out of this for a some time now, about 6 years... My current car is a Nitro TC3 but as I have just discovered, it is discontinued, I want to get a new 1/10 scale car, preferably a kit car, what are some goo options?

Hyde 08-04-2012 10:40 PM

Serpent.

Capit 08-04-2012 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by ghost3411283 (Post 11052111)
I have been out of this for a some time now, about 6 years... My current car is a Nitro TC3 but as I have just discovered, it is discontinued, I want to get a new 1/10 scale car, preferably a kit car, what are some goo options?

New Serpent 747 with options included...value for money...feedback r very easily to setup...car light n cost of spare parts resonable...i m considering it too...just like u.... n back to tis hobby again

kyosho malaysia 08-05-2012 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by ghost3411283 (Post 11052111)

do some research about KM HK-1 EVO-II

bigtee 08-05-2012 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia (Post 11056902)

shepherd velox v10 dare to be different

esckalayd 08-05-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia (Post 11056902)

Don't touch this car, a friend of mine in FL just left them as a team driver because there is NO SUPPORT

The serpent 747 is a good car and so is the V10, but both lack the durability of an NT1. Overall the best car for the new comer and the advanced driver, hence why its the world champs car. If you have the extra money, the Capricorn is a hopped up NT1 but is not as durable and parts are a little more expensive, but could dethrone the NT1 possibly this year.

kyosho malaysia 08-05-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by esckalayd (Post 11057474)
Don't touch this car, a friend of mine in FL just left them as a team driver because there is NO SUPPORT

The serpent 747 is a good car and so is the V10, but both lack the durability of an NT1. Overall the best car for the new comer and the advanced driver, hence why its the world champs car. If you have the extra money, the Capricorn is a hopped up NT1 but is not as durable and parts are a little more expensive, but could dethrone the NT1 possibly this year.

in my country i can get parts easily,so it's not a problem for me,but the HK-1 EVO-II is a good kit.

SOLOARTIST 702 08-05-2012 11:36 AM

make sure you do research people tell you what car but dont race make sure the ones who tell you the car actually race just check what the most popular car is in your area good luck on your search

johnsen-dk 08-05-2012 12:30 PM

Capricorn C02

Im new to nitro this season. Have chosen the c02 from capricorn , and so far it has been very good. Offcouse i have been off the track a couple off times , but so far it has been small parts that has broken. A wishbone , a steering knuckle and a rear link. Just to compair , have I used 28 litre fuel.
Try to take a look here

http://stores.ebay.com/Kangaroo-Company

PNT2000 08-05-2012 01:35 PM

SERPENT 747

fung_kyle 08-05-2012 10:22 PM

Get the serpent 747, but most of all visit your track to see what people run here so people can help you out if you need help. Personally I believe world champ titles don't really matter, as it won't make you a world champion. Any car that makes it to the Worlds should be a car worth buying in my opinion. Serpent has been in the industry for a very long time as far as I know. Yes, they are made in China now as thry use to be made in Netherlands, but the quality is still top notch in my opinion. I've has a few crashes with my 733 and nothing broke. My body just got dented. Parts are readily available is most popular shops as well as lhs's I believe, it really depends on your location. My local club runs X-ray, but i decided to run serpent as I believed that their time in the industry would back them up.

=)

azeroth 08-06-2012 08:14 AM

Regardless of brand make sure you have local support and fellow racers running the same vehicle because there is always that one part that will mess up your day beside setup tips and tricks to make the thing work if you are having problems

markiemark 08-06-2012 08:36 AM

i just started running nitro last month and looked at all the kits bought a xray an love it. only upgrade i had to get was a set of rear soft springs. the car is real stable and with pretty much basic setup easy to drive fun car. Also as i learned today its not just the car kit but the motor.

JamesHealey 08-12-2012 01:13 AM

for me it's between the NT1 and the 747.

NT1 because it's so strong and durable, and also very quick to boot.

The 747 because it's innovative and support is usually very good.

Bundy_Bear 08-12-2012 01:31 AM

I hate these threads... people are always going to tell you what they are running is the best thing since sliced bread. I would just looking at what you can get parts locally for and what people at your local clubs are running an go for what you can get support for. Having the latest and greatest won't make you an instant winner.

Thanks
Andrew