Wiki Posts
Search

TC3 need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TC3..first On Road for me

Hey guys Im new to onroad RC and a lil new to Nitro still...Just traded one of my MTs for this Hopped up TC3...Ive known the guy for a while and he has about 10 of these things at his house and enough parts to build 10 more lol...Really good guy and basically gave this thing to me. Not sure what I have as far as parts on this thing but I can tell its been modified. If you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I plan on doin sum racing in my area and just general driving around. Also got 2 sets of brand new spare tires. 1 foam set and 1 rubber set.

Heres a few pics....

Last edited by Kingclod27; 08-08-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What do you need help with?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Well its my first car Ive only had MTs and I got my first nitro MT and still learning, he said I needed a starter box, not sure which one to get. Just wanted to know wat kinda motor that is and and any other parts that someone might recognize.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kingclod27
Well its my first car Ive only had MTs and I got my first nitro MT and still learning, he said I needed a starter box, not sure which one to get. Just wanted to know wat kinda motor that is and and any other parts that someone might recognize.
That emblem on the top of the cylinder head looks familiar...try looking on the side of the case..maybe PICCO?...of course, you can always ask the guy you bought it from..

here's a link to the ofna started box..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHUC8&P=7

Last edited by fastharryDOTcom; 08-02-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Maybe someone with more experience with NTC3s will chime in, but it looks to me like you have factory team shocks and cvds, Sirio .12 engine with tuned pipe and racers edge air filter, and aftermarket disk brake kit. If it were mine, I'd put matching front/rear wheels ASAP as it just comes off as an eye-sore. Clean car though!

I've only had one starter box, a Kyosho dual 550 motor equipped one for my GT2 car, and have used a pair of 5000mah lipos from day one. Fairly simple box but never had issues.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Because of the layout of that car, there's only a couple of boxes that'll easily work.

One is the associated box (there's only one) and the OFNA box #10243.

Buy lots of spares. Buy even more tires. Drive it a lot.

I'd certainly pick up some pinion and spur gears...
Old 08-02-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by meno1103
Maybe someone with more experience with NTC3s will chime in, but it looks to me like you have factory team shocks and cvds, Sirio .12 engine with tuned pipe and racers edge air filter, and aftermarket disk brake kit. If it were mine, I'd put matching front/rear wheels ASAP as it just comes off as an eye-sore. Clean car though!

I've only had one starter box, a Kyosho dual 550 motor equipped one for my GT2 car, and have used a pair of 5000mah lipos from day one. Fairly simple box but never had issues.
yeah, thats it..SIRIO..I knew I had seen that emblem..
Old 08-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Sweet thanks for all the info guys...I have 2 other sets of matching wheels and tires I will put on it. got a set of foams and rubber..So does anyone know how good of a motor that is? Just trying to figure out everything I have. We put a different pip on it before I took it home.

@Farmer... thanks i wasnt sure which starter box i should get. ill look into the associated box.

Im gonna pick up another body and hold onto the other one. its too nice to mess up and I dont know how well I will be able to drive this. Here are a few pics with the other sets of wheels/tires I got.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

I want to change the pipe and possibly the motor at sum point...What are sum good motors and pipes to look at?

Like I said all new to me lol...Im gonna sell the body, and get a new car body that I can paint up myself. I was thinking maybe one of these..
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/17513/
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/17545/

...or even this one lol
http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/17513/
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

id leave the power alone as you already have enough power to destroy your balldifs if that is a sirio system. the ae dual chambered pipe you have there is also the most optimal pipe for the car for most conditions, so leave it be.

get a nice body for it for sure, play with it and enjoy it, take it apart, learn how to put it back together "there will be a lot of that if you race it" dont spend money on it.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaking, this ntc3 is on eBay for $150
Old 08-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

As far as stater boxes I would get this Integy one
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...994&p_catid=30
used one myself and liked it.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hyde
If I'm not mistaking, this ntc3 is on eBay for $150
Yep, I put it up forsale, I just dont really have time for it..got too many projects and I need a starter box, receiver pack and tx/rx to get this going. Figured I would let someone else enjoy it and ill look at getting a car in the future.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kingclod27
Yep, I put it up forsale, I just dont really have time for it..got too many projects and I need a starter box, receiver pack and tx/rx to get this going. Figured I would let someone else enjoy it and ill look at getting a car in the future.
I know what you mean about too many projects, it can be a handful. BTW, your TC3 auction just ended, you made a nice chunk of money, congrats on the sell!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hyde
I know what you mean about too many projects, it can be a handful. BTW, your TC3 auction just ended, you made a nice chunk of money, congrats on the sell!
Yea it sucks I kinda spread myself thin so I had to get rid of sum of my RCs, but now Im down to 5 RCs much more manageable lol

the eBay buyer backed out so I listed it in the For Sale section..Hopefully someone wants it