Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn 1/10 and 1/8 Foam tyres

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Capricorn 1/10 and 1/8 Foam tyres

Dear all could anyone share some feedback on Cap Tires.

I also heard that they are made by Matrix and that normally a 35 shore will be equivilant to a 32 of other brands. Could someone confirm and share their experience.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed6

I also heard that they are made by Matrix and that normally a 35 shore will be equivilant to a 32 of other brands. Could someone confirm and share their experience.

Thanks
I'm not 100% sure on the shore difference but i have been running these tires on my sedan for almost a full season and i love them. The tires are extremely light, so don't hit anything , but provide a good amount of acceleration over normal tires. I don't think the 35 CAP is equivalent to a 32 of another brand. I run a 5 shore split of 32/37 or 35/40 and the 35 CAP front does not provide as much steering as a 32 Contact, or 32 Enetti. It may be a touch softer but i have not tested them
Old 05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's very hard to measure shore accurately, it really depends on how fresh the tires are and what kind of meter you are using. Sometimes even the rim plays a part in the measurement.
As far as I know the shore is pretty close to other brands, there are only a few foam manufacturers so there can't be too much difference between brands.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speed6

Thanks
Dear Speed6,

Capricorn Hard Light Rims for 1:10 and 1:8 on stock. I can highly recommend the Capricorn tires. Difficult to say what the Capricorn shore are compaired with other tires, as to many factors will have an effect on the durometer measurement.

We carry 32 Front and 35 Rear F1 Rim for the 1:8, we got the standard Hard Light F1 Carbon Rim and also the F1 Rim in Light Weight.

Prices for the F1 Hard Light 1:8 are:

F1 Standard Rim Front 13.35USD pr pair
F1 Standard Rim Rear 19.99USD pr pair

F1 Light Rim Front 14.75USD pr pair
F1 Light Rim Rear 21.35USD pr pair

We carry from 32-45 Shore Front and Rear of the Hard Light 1:10 Rim.

Price for the Hard Light 1:10 are:

Hard Light Rim Front/Rear 10USD pr pair

We can give additional discounts if purchasing a large quantity..

Your welcome to contact us at:

sales(at)rc-netshop.dk

Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

The differance between a ennetti carbon tire and a capricorn carbon tire is 5 grammsin weight. The CAp tir is heavier, so maybe because the tire has more natural rubber in it?? i don`t know really. The rims are the same weight.

Does anyone know why?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default FI STYLE RIMS

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TRACK CONDITIONS THEY FOUND WOULD SUIT THE F1 RIMS RACING ON A MED/ HIGH GRIP TRACK, AND ALSO WHAT MATERIAL WOULD YOU USE ON THESE TRACK CONDITIONS, CARBON RIMS OR LIGHT RIMS. I KNOW THE LIGHT RIM ALLOW THE CAR TO ACCELERATE FASTER BUT WANT TO KNOW WHICH ONE WOULD GIVE YOU MORE GRIP AT CORNER SPEED
Old 05-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djiewie
The differance between a ennetti carbon tire and a capricorn carbon tire is 5 grammsin weight. The CAp tir is heavier, so maybe because the tire has more natural rubber in it?? i don`t know really. The rims are the same weight.

Does anyone know why?
FYI...CAP tires are lighter. Weighed them trued and un-trued same size split 59/61 over the weekend at the Cow Patty Classic and each Ennetti Carbon was about 4-5 grams heavier
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by esckalayd
FYI...CAP tires are lighter. Weighed them trued and un-trued same size split 59/61 over the weekend at the Cow Patty Classic and each Ennetti Carbon was about 4-5 grams heavier
Thanks,

I looked again why yours are differant, and i measured again right out off the box and the
CAP tire measure width 31,1 height 65,7mm weight 6 gramm inside rim 46,8
Ennetti tire width 30,6 height 65,0 weight 4 gramm inside rim 46,9 both Carbon rims.

Could be i got an old batch, will see when the new order arrives.

So it is marginal, it seems i got it wrong first, but the wider tire should be heavier. The tires are a little trued. Lookes like the CAP tires have more foamwidth and height right out of the box. be aware off rules though regarding tolerance in tire width.

Last edited by djiewie; 05-31-2012 at 11:17 AM.