Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

We've had long discussions about the GT class on the forums, but never a dedicated thread about the car that got the class started, so I figured it's time to have a forum where we can share developments, set-ups and other information about the Inferno GT, GT2, and GT2 Race Spec as well as the upcoming GT2 VE Race Spec.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-igt2_002.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-igt2_003.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-igt2ve_002.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-igt2ve_003.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Steve,

Glad to see Kyosho have not completely abandoned the gt class. I love my GT2 and the relationship that me and my gt2 has developed rivals that of me and my GF.

anyway.. heres my GT2

Shoutout to bk hobbies for ALL the parts seen in the pic, including that hard to find r246 chassis, tnks rich!
DrealRacer likes this.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Vex, NICE machine. I don't know where the rumors get started, but Kyosho has never considered getting out of this class. They created it and we're still in it as strong as ever. I really like the direction of the new cars and it's really improved the performance and reliability. That's to say nothing of the good looking new bodies. ;o)

The aluminum arms are pretty sweet looking.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

BTW Vex, we have the R246 chassis in stock.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's exactly how I want mine to look. I've been looking at building another road car but I may just spend the money on the upgrades you have. Do you have the exact web address for the company or phone number?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SteveP
Hey Vex, NICE machine. I don't know where the rumors get started, but Kyosho has never considered getting out of this class. They created it and we're still in it as strong as ever. I really like the direction of the new cars and it's really improved the performance and reliability. That's to say nothing of the good looking new bodies. ;o)

The aluminum arms are pretty sweet looking.
Thanks! i needed those aluminum a-arms to tame down that lrp .30. Out of all the cars ive had now and in the past, the gt2 is by far my favorite. It is so fun to drive. however, i do wish the bodies werent so damn expensive. good thing jeff and ipanema has the warrior body to serve us budget guys with a well performing body.

BTW Vex, we have the R246 chassis in stock.
not for the price, richie hooked me up with

BTW heres the car with the LE red parts..

Originally Posted by Mliebs
That's exactly how I want mine to look. I've been looking at building another road car but I may just spend the money on the upgrades you have. Do you have the exact web address for the company or phone number?
sure..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-SUS...item19c0ebdd20
Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Vex, glad you got a good deal. Richy is a good guy - I've raced with him from MANY years ago. ;o)

P.S. Here's some eye candy for anyone with a new GT2 Race Spec - we just got these in... Gunmetal rear hub carriers (IGW002GM) and front C-hubs (not shown, IGW001GM)
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-igw002gm.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Man those are pretty! i would have to remove the aluminum a-arms in order to maintain some breakpoints on each end.

Yes, richy is a great guy, every time i walk into his store is like a lesson in RC. great guy to learn from as well. BTW your name came up a few times, we mentioned to him how back in the days when rc car action had a chat room and we used to sit there laughing at every dude that comes in talkin crap and wanting to race you, lol good times.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We've had long discussions about the GT class on the forums, but never a dedicated thread about the car that got the class started, so I figured it's time to have a forum where we can share developments, set-ups and other information about the Inferno GT, GT2, and GT2 Race Spec as well as the upcoming GT2 VE Race Spec.

Last edited by manny021803; 05-22-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Hey Steve...........if you have access to the suggestion box at Kyosho,
could you please drop in a question for me?

"Why did Kyosho kill the Ferrari body?" and

"Are there any plans for bodies for the GT1 crowd?"

90% of the GTs that I run with are on the short chassis as opposed to the
longer GT2.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Jerry!

Not sure where the info comes from that Kyosho "killed" the Ferrari body, but it's pure fantasy. License agreements have limits, and that one is long gone. There are FAR more intricacies on top of that, all of which determine your how long we're able to produce a licensed product. There are not plans I'm aware of to make new short wheelbase bodies because the cars haven't been sold in nearly 7 years. Having said that, I can certainly ask if it's possible. It may seem simple to just use the existing molds, but new license agreements would have to be drawn up, and the car companies would rather we make replicas of their newer cars. Without boring you to death with little details, suffice it to say that it's not as simple as it should be.

You should give the long wheelbase a shot - it' handles better. Some make the mistake of assuming that the longer wheelbase doesn't turn as well because of the wheelbase, but we've tested it, and the long car is faster everywhere on any track. The extra wheelbase is added all to the rear of the car. This puts more weight on the front end because, even though the gear on the chassis didn't move, the wheelbase was lengthened at the rear. That puts more weight on the front end and viola,... a longer wheelbase car turns inside a short wheelbase car. I'm actually getting ready to try a 380mm chassis. That's typical of the chassis used on current racing trucks and I'm sure it will work even better than the 360mm car, no less the short car. Once you drive a dialed long car, you'll never go back.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Hey Jerry!

Not sure where the info comes from that Kyosho "killed" the Ferrari body, but it's pure fantasy. License agreements have limits, and that one is long gone. There are FAR more intricacies on top of that, all of which determine your how long we're able to produce a licensed product. There are not plans I'm aware of to make new short wheelbase bodies because the cars haven't been sold in nearly 7 years. Having said that, I can certainly ask if it's possible. It may seem simple to just use the existing molds, but new license agreements would have to be drawn up, and the car companies would rather we make replicas of their newer cars. Without boring you to death with little details, suffice it to say that it's not as simple as it should be.

You should give the long wheelbase a shot - it' handles better. Some make the mistake of assuming that the longer wheelbase doesn't turn as well because of the wheelbase, but we've tested it, and the long car is faster everywhere on any track. The extra wheelbase is added all to the rear of the car. This puts more weight on the front end because, even though the gear on the chassis didn't move, the wheelbase was lengthened at the rear. That puts more weight on the front end and viola,... a longer wheelbase car turns inside a short wheelbase car. I'm actually getting ready to try a 380mm chassis. That's typical of the chassis used on current racing trucks and I'm sure it will work even better than the 360mm car, no less the short car. Once you drive a dialed long car, you'll never go back.
Thanks for the response Steve........

When the Ferrari kept coming up 'discontinued', I equated that to 'killed'.

My first car was actually the GT2 Corvette. I raced that at Las Vegas and was not getting it around the corners as well as I did with a short chassis at the next event at Vegas for a 3rd place in A Main. I got one of the '246' chassis that Vex mentioned and was going to use that for that second trip to Vegas but opted for a 'short' car instead and loved the results. I'll give the long one another try though to check out the steering on the '246'. It will be a good platform for the Sirio S24T I just started running.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanted to give you a sneak peek at the next body style that will be available on the GT2 RS for both nitro and brushless versions. It's called the Ceptor, and it's our first unlicensed body for the GT2 series. It's sleek and it's simple, but most importantly, it's inexpensive compared to the licensed bodies. The detailed, licensed bodies are still the overwhelming preference, but enough of you asked for a less expensive alternative, and Kyosho made it.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-20120509_0067.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Nice........keep that up !!!!!!!!!

How long before something like that gets out?

Great move, I didn't see why Kyosho couldn't get 'inexpensive' options.

Give the boys and girls behind that the thanks for all of us that have started
to get goose bumps......
Old 06-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

LOL! For sure. I think we'll start to see it around August/September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.