Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree26Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 09-15-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jfle98
How do tighten up the axles ? I see Kyosho makes 8x10 shims
There is quite a bit of slop in those axles, especially the fronts.
Will shims take care of that or are new cvd's the way to go ?
Thanks
cut small pieces of fuel tube and slide it in
Old 09-15-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct
ok i geared up to a 25 tooth (50 rollout) and still not happy...is there any 8 scale systems that boost? or should i just go 5/6s...

no one have any help here? no one ever replys in the electric forum.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by koval
The best gearing set up depends on the motor and esc .
Ex. You cannot gear up your stock gt2 to 1:1
You need powerful motor and hi-amp/hv esc so you can gear up to 1:1 or even more.
no one have any help here? no one ever replys in the electric forum.
Try getting in touch with "Koval" he's been working on hi-speed electric Kyosho' IGTs for a while and might be able to help you more than anyone else. Good luck
Old 09-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys me again, gonna convert my kyosho buggy 777 sp1 into a gt1 car. but I'm going to use the 2 speed from my gt2, and my .25 motor and all those things....but what else would I need to do, I'm going to use the towers from the gt2, and gt2 shocks.....what else do I need? or need to do
Old 09-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys me again, gonna convert my kyosho buggy 777 sp1 into a gt1 car. but I'm going to use the 2 speed from my gt2, and my .25 motor and all those things....but what else would I need to do, I'm going to use the towers from the gt2, and gt2 shocks.....what else do I need? or need to do

Just swap the chassis from your MP777 to the GT2 !! everything will will bolt on from the GT2 except you will have to drill 2 new holes for the GT2 2 speed to line up correct ! the shorter chassis is more nimble and turns quicker lap times ! read some of my older posts and you will see how developed my car is !! also toss the KE25 motor and put a descent .21 in the car !! you will thank me !
you will have to use a shorter rear dogbone/cvd !!......also I have a very fast GT1 E conversion running a mamba monster esc/motor on 4s with 23/46 gearing at its fast !!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Just swap the chassis from your MP777 to the GT2 !! everything will will bolt on from the GT2 except you will have to drill 2 new holes for the GT2 2 speed to line up correct ! the shorter chassis is more nimble and turns quicker lap times ! read some of my older posts and you will see how developed my car is !! also toss the KE25 motor and put a descent .21 in the car !! you will thank me !
you will have to use a shorter rear dogbone/cvd !!......also I have a very fast GT1 E conversion running a mamba monster esc/motor on 4s with 23/46 gearing at its fast !!!!
Thanks bud, I appreciate the advice, but I'm not racing, I'm just having fun....The track we using, has a huge outside oval which you can get pretty mean speed out of....I also just want to spend as little as possible.....problem is I love the body of the gt2 audi r8.....I can't bare to part with that awesomeness
Old 09-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Engine recommendations

Hello

I just purchased a GT2 and want to start making it race ready. As I bought aluminum A arms, full bearing set and slicks. Is there a motor you guys recommend to use? I live in HK but can mail order anything. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Michal

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Old 09-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New to the Forum

Hello.

I'm new to the forum and wanted to see if you guys could include me. I currently live in Hong Kong but am looking to relocate back home to Matlryland where my folks live.

I currently just purchased a GT2 RS Astin Martin body.

I would like to get involved into the racing scene as I ised to race HPI electric on road.

Thanks guys
Old 09-26-2014, 11:19 AM
afm
Tech Master

Default SERVOS

What´s the ideal Torque/speed for steering and acc/brk servos for these cars, considering their weight.

AFM
Old 09-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MeClown
Hello

I just purchased a GT2 and want to start making it race ready. As I bought aluminum A arms, full bearing set and slicks. Is there a motor you guys recommend to use? I live in HK but can mail order anything. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Michal
Go get the ISON GT .21 Novarossi motor and call it a day ! www.desotoracing.com !
Old 09-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by afm
What´s the ideal Torque/speed for steering and acc/brk servos for these cars, considering their weight.

AFM
I would say anything over 200oz and speed anything under .10 sec speed...I use some JR servos rated at 200oz and .06 sec speed for both !! !!
Old 09-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks bud, I appreciate the advice, but I'm not racing, I'm just having fun....The track we using, has a huge outside oval which you can get pretty mean speed out of....I also just want to spend as little as possible.....problem is I love the body of the gt2 audi r8.....I can't bare to part with that awesomeness
So why dont you just run your gt2 ??
Old 10-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ride height/camber & toe settings

Hello

Wondering if you guys have preferred sertings for
ride height?
Front / Rear toe?
Front / Rear camber?

I'll be running in a hot climate.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone ever noticed the amount of slop in the hubs for the wheel bearings? Ive got the GT2 and wow is there a lot of play. Ive tried new bearings and you can watch the bearing move inside the hub. Would upgrading to the alloy hub be the better option?

Ive got a friend that bought his GT2 new and he shared a video of his wheel slop and its just as bad as mine and I got mine used. There has to be a way to fix this...
Old 11-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shim the axles . It's a must on that car. I have a 777 short GT car that I raced for a couple of years. It has the Evolva 2-speed with all the upgrades and goodies to make it a very race ready car ( finished 2nd at the RC Pro series nationals with it) It has a modded Sirio .24 in it with 400oz. steering and 200oz. throttle servos . I would sell it pretty cheap if someone is looking for something like that to race. I got sponsored by Serpent and haven't run the car for a while.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.