Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

were did you get your bodys at??
Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big-air420
were did you get your bodys at??
I got the R8 from Amain Hobbies and the Alpha R1 for maxvelocityracong.com.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know If they make a 40/46 spur gear set for the 2 shoe transmission on the race spec? If they do what is the part number. I have all of the pinion gears from 14 to 22 and want the 40/46 spur to have more options.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by rfordrford
Does anyone know If they make a 40/46 spur gear set for the 2 shoe transmission on the race spec? If they do what is the part number. I have all of the pinion gears from 14 to 22 and want the 40/46 spur to have more options.
Sadly.....the answer is NOPE.......and don't hold your breath. The arrival date on those has something to do with the 'second experiation of the Mayan clock'.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

40/46 spurs fit only to the original 2-speed finger type, not to the shoe type 2-speed IGW008 that comes in the race spec. Of course you can run this original 2-speed also in race spec but it is not as durable and may strip gears occasionally.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys I guess I'll have to just do without. I will just have to go with the 17/21 setup and be happy, because I don't want to go backwards and be disappointed.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default Airtronics race in CA

GT guys,

March 22-24 is one of the big races in sunny CA. Check out the onroad Airtronics race thread.

Questions was asked if GT cars will be racing,

There is couple on the list already,

and here is the latet post on that.

Quote:

alright!!!!!!

calling all GT/IGT drivers its going to be a fun race

This is parking lot track but it feels and seems more like a perminent track as the area used has been the same for years, the traction is awsome, the layout is huge with a nice back straight to let your motors sing down the back straight.

The Nationals will be held at this track in August so the competition is stacked as everyone is warming up for that.

Check it out.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any pic or video for the track???????
Originally Posted by mauimaxx
GT guys,

March 22-24 is one of the big races in sunny CA. Check out the onroad Airtronics race thread.

Quote:

alright!!!!!!

This is parking lot track but it feels and seems more like a perminent track as the area used has been the same for years, the traction is awsome, the layout is huge with a nice back straight to let your motors sing down the back straight.

The Nationals will be held at this track in August so the competition is stacked as everyone is warming up for that.

Check it out.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Thanks guys I guess I'll have to just do without. I will just have to go with the 17/21 setup and be happy, because I don't want to go backwards and be disappointed.
If you ever have a 40/46 gear set in the car next to you as you enter the big straightaway and it grabs 2d gear...........you'll give it one more thought.

I've found that if you monitor your time/life/abuse factors and do 'preventitive maintenance' it's an okay setup. Yes you can strip some gears if you're beating it pretty hard but darn, that shift is fun. A torquey 'grunt monster' .28 will kill the 'finger clutch' quicker.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

And THANKS to MauiMaxx for the 'heads up' on the addition of IGT at the Airtronics Race in LA. ...........I'm IN!!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

GLARCRC
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-glarcrc.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mauimaxx
GT guys,

Quote:

alright!!!!!!

Check it out.
Interesting............ Will look at the schedule, I mean ask the Boss
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
If you ever have a 40/46 gear set in the car next to you as you enter the big straightaway and it grabs 2d gear...........you'll give it one more thought.

I've found that if you monitor your time/life/abuse factors and do 'preventitive maintenance' it's an okay setup. Yes you can strip some gears if you're beating it pretty hard but darn, that shift is fun. A torquey 'grunt monster' .28 will kill the 'finger clutch' quicker.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

And THANKS to MauiMaxx for the 'heads up' on the addition of IGT at the Airtronics Race in LA. ...........I'm IN!!!!!
Yes, that's indeed pretty cool.
Have you guys tried the Dragon Racing's metal gear set? Will it provide more durability with the finger type clutch?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MikaR
Have you guys tried the Dragon Racing's metal gear set? Will it provide more durability with the finger type clutch?
I've heard bad things about it. Unless they have revised it it will not give the results you are looking for. I've not had 1 good review.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've heard bad things about it. Unless they have revised it it will not give the results you are looking for. I've not had 1 good review.
The only transmission solution for the Kyosho cars is the 2 shoe type. I tried every option on the finger type transmission and I either stripped the plastic gear, broke the metal gear, tore the pin out of the gear, or broke the finger.

I am running a Blackhawk transmission in my GT2 (made from Evolva parts) and I never have a problem with it. This allows the use of 44 or 45 gears for 2nd gear and 47, 48 or 49T for 1st gear. Unfortunately the Blackhawk is no longer available but you can still build your own Evolva based GT transmission if you are unhappy with the new Kyosho shoe transmission.

Lee
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Smile trans/metal gears

Originally Posted by MikaR
We've got a racer that did his own buggy conversion from a Hot Bodies buggy. It actually has a metal gear trans. He won't part with it even though he has constantly had 'mysterious' issues............flywheel comes loose, screws shake out of trans clutch, engine clutch 'gremlins', etc.

I stayed away from the metal gears for my understanding of the 'shock factor' they impose on the engine crank/bearings, the weight of the rotating mass etc. It's an ambitious venture for Dragon (bless them!) but not all ideas 'float'. That little 'finger' on the clutch mechanism can only handle ......so much.

I wish that Blackhawk tranny shaft was still available..........if anybody has the specs..........pm me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.