Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree26Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 11-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Shim the axles . It's a must on that car. I have a 777 short GT car that I raced for a couple of years. It has the Evolva 2-speed with all the upgrades and goodies to make it a very race ready car ( finished 2nd at the RC Pro series nationals with it) It has a modded Sirio .24 in it with 400oz. steering and 200oz. throttle servos . I would sell it pretty cheap if someone is looking for something like that to race. I got sponsored by Serpent and haven't run the car for a while.
Spooky I run a 777 with the current shoe type GT2 trans with all the goodies too ...but I cant find any one that made a 10 deg hub or less to fix the steering on the car ! any advice ? Mike Lyday told me at the Roar Nationals last week in the Fort that he had some custom 4 deg hubs that came off a 3D printer that worked great but was too fragile : (
Old 11-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have tried to get several machine shops here to make some for that car, but they never come through with them. That one fix would put that car in the mix again.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yb2fast

......but I cant find any one that made a 10 deg hub or less to fix the steering on the car ! any advice ? Mike Lyday told me at the Roar Nationals last week in the Fort that he had some custom 4 deg hubs that came off a 3D printer that worked great but was too fragile : (

Ah yes, those were the extremely rare, elusive and magical 4 degree Ipanema C-Hubs for the IGT cars. They were made of unobtainum and only my closest “friends” got a chance to race with them.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-1-ipanema-4-degree-c-hubs.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Ah yes, those were the extremely rare, elusive and magical 4 degree Ipanema C-Hubs for the IGT cars. They were made of unobtainum and only my closest “friends” got a chance to race with them.
Actually, you are both wrong. They are 6 degree hubs.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another thing to look at that is AVAILABLE is the M2C 2520 front anti dive kit. This kit contains shims that can be put into the A block that will increase or decrease anti dive. I ran this on my car with the 3 dot down blocks which removes a lot of the angle in the pin and makes it much more parallel to the ground. This removes caster and makes the car turn in much better. This also has the added benefit of giving the rear of the car much more traction from the middle of the turn out so that that loose on throttle condition that the GT2 experiences is also dramatically improved.

Check it out at http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?prod...&categoryId=82

Lee
Old 11-18-2014, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Another thing to look at that is AVAILABLE is the M2C 2520 front anti dive kit. This kit contains shims that can be put into the A block that will increase or decrease anti dive. I ran this on my car with the 3 dot down blocks which removes a lot of the angle in the pin and makes it much more parallel to the ground. This removes caster and makes the car turn in much better. This also has the added benefit of giving the rear of the car much more traction from the middle of the turn out so that that loose on throttle condition that the GT2 experiences is also dramatically improved.

Check it out at http://m2cracing.com/product.sc?prod...&categoryId=82

Lee
Very nice upgrade Lee, bet it works good, thanks!
Old 11-18-2014, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Actually, you are both wrong. They are 6 degree hubs.
Been so long, I gave my set to Mike in Barcelonetta.
Do you still have yours?
Old 11-18-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Been so long, I gave my set to Mike in Barcelonetta.
Do you still have yours?
Yes, I still have mine. Just don't remember which chassis I have them on.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Jeff.... Kostas from Greece (Koval) on the forums just made me 2 sets of ZERO degree hubs !! I will be testing them shortly with 200K diff oil up front as soon as they arrive...want to get this car into the FORGASS series asap and surprise the world with my mp777 Hybrid K car !! He has them for sale if anyone else is interested !! I have a GT1 Nitro and GT1 Castle E Car ready to kill some azz !! lol.... It is made from POM (similar to Delrin) !!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-zero-hubs1.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-zerohubs2.jpg  
Old 12-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone know the degree of these front hub carriers KYOIGW001GM
Old 12-29-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by carpet Carlos
Does anyone know the degree of these front hub carriers KYOIGW001GM
They are the same as the stock plastic 17 deg c hubs....don't waste your money....I just had 2 set's of zero deg hubs made for me !...will be testing soon...should make the car very competitive again...
Old 12-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
They are the same as the stock plastic 17 deg c hubs....don't waste your money....I just had 2 set's of zero deg hubs made for me !...will be testing soon...should make the car very competitive again...
Thank you. Im actually wanting to try them on my st-rr evo truggy.from what I under stand they should fit
Old 12-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You'll most likely need to plan on also changing the upper A arms to old ST arms (or the RTR neo) : these hubs were design for MP7.5 type front end whereas the ST-RR evo is like a MP777.
FYI : 'm running MP7.5 hubs on a MP777 converted to GT and had to use MP7.5 upper front A Arms because the reduced caster make the top of the hub too far forward for the MP777 stock arms. So I guess it's the same effect on the truggy.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pascalfd
You'll most likely need to plan on also changing the upper A arms to old ST arms (or the RTR neo) : these hubs were design for MP7.5 type front end whereas the ST-RR evo is like a MP777.
FYI : 'm running MP7.5 hubs on a MP777 converted to GT and had to use MP7.5 upper front A Arms because the reduced caster make the top of the hub too far forward for the MP777 stock arms. So I guess it's the same effect on the truggy.
Got it thanks
Old 12-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Kyosho Inferno GT2 Race Spec Audi R8 LMS Readyset Nitro 1/8

bro

anyone know where can i buy one? i call toykar and they dun have stock. only leave 1/8 GP INFERNO GT2 RACE SPEC R/S FERRARI 458 ITALIA READYSET. The sale ppl ask me to buy it and buy the bodyshell after market type. Thinking to get from amazon or ebay. isit same to buy there. any advice or any bro know only then toykar who is selling.

Thk you
Eugene

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.