R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #1081
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
There are a lot of original GTs around and they're great cars, but many underestimate the performance advantage of the GT2 cars. Conventional wisdom suggests that longer wheelbase = less steering, but that's generally from people that read too many books. When you extend the wheelbase of a car all at the rear of the chassis, and you leave all the weight on the chassis in the same place relative to the front end, you've shifted the CG forward without essentially having to move anything on the chassis. A properly set-up GT2 will turn underneath a short wheelbase car and run more stable in the straight sections of the track. This is not to say that you have run out and get a long wheelbase set-up, but someone asked the difference between the two cars, and it's more than just the wheelbase, and the longer wheelbase produces results that many people don't expect.
Great to hear from you again Steve, YOUR THREAD IS ALIVE, HEALTHY & WELL !! And yes, I agree with you..I have both chassis cars, and my GT2 is easier to drive fast and very stable !!! Keep up the great work at KUSA !
Old 05-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #1082
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
out of stock and discontinued...

How am I gonna use it? Thats why I was asking about the ebay one. I can't find it or it would be on it's way by now.
Nolan,....here you go with the Dragon racing GT1 chassis...they also make a GT2 chassis !! http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Lightene...item51bdd647c9
Old 05-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #1083
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got back from the Fireball Classic in Lincoln, NE and had a great time running my old-school Kyosho GT1 in the GT class. After struggling much of Saturday's qualifying (mainly engine tuning issues), I decided to go almost truly old-school GT for Sunday's last chance qualifier and the main. I pulled out what use to be my "Spec" GT1 chassis that was still basically stock except the updated Kyosho shoe transmission and my old OS 21VG (3 port) that I last ran back in 2010 at the Ipanema US GT Nationals at Leisure Hours in Joliet, IL. My car was definitely not the fastest one on the track but with the change to "Mr. Reliable" OS 21VG, I was one of the more consistent cars as far as clicking off laps. I fell behind early but did not panic. Once my tires heated up and came in, I was able to pick off a few on the track and survive the war of attrition that got some other racers.

The funny thing is that many say the Kyosho GT1 & GT2 chassis cars are no longer competitive. Well, before attrition got this one teenage kid, he had his GT2 in first place for a while, schooling all of us older guys running GT. By the time the checkered flag dropped, I was able to pilot my GT1 to a strong second place finish using a basic, non-modified 3-port engine. To me, not bad for an old, outdated relic with a weaka$$ 3-port powering it.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.

Last edited by JLock; 05-28-2014 at 09:50 AM.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #1084
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Just got back from the Fireball Classic in Lincoln, NE and had a great time running my old-school Kyosho GT1 in the GT class. After struggling much of Saturday's qualifying (mainly engine tuning issues), I decided to go almost truly old-school GT for Sunday's last chance qualifier and the main. I pulled out what use to be my "Spec" GT1 chassis that was still basically stock except the updated Kyosho shoe transmission and my old OS 21VG (3 port) that I last ran back in 2010 at the Ipanema US GT Nationals at Leisure Hours in Joliet, IL. My car was definitely not the fastest one on the track but with the change to "Mr. Reliable" OS 21VG, I was one of the more consistent cars as far as clicking off laps. I fell behind early but did not panic. Once my tires heated up and came in, I was able to pick off a few on the track and survive the war of attrition that got some other racers.

The funny thing is that many say the Kyosho GT1 & GT2 chassis cars are no longer competitive. Well, before attrition got this one teenage kid, he has his GT2 in first place for a while, schooling all of us older guys running GT. By the time the checkered flag dropped, I was able to pilot my GT1 to a strong second place finish using a basic, non-modified 3-port engine. To me, not bad for an old, outdated relic with a weaka$$ 3-port powering it.
Good job JLock and great story. Wheres the pics?
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #1085
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPete View Post
Good job JLock and great story. Wheres the pics?
I will try to get a pic or two posts this week. I wasn't two hours off the road when I posts my little piece (after a 9 hour drive).

The old car looked smooth when I wasn't making a driving error or two throughout the race. I tested some IP medium and soft insert tires that work great when track temps are not very high. The Warrior looked like a shark gliding around the track. Sunday's finishes in both classes made up for my shaky Saturday in GT. And, both of my OS engines proved to be the workhorses I needed to make the podium in 200mm nitro and GT.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #1086
Tech Adept

has anyone tried the optional servo saver kit? it doesn't seem right. I'll get a pic up
benbishop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #1087
Tech Fanatic

Which servo saver are you attempting to fit?
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #1088
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post

The funny thing is that many say the Kyosho GT1 & GT2 chassis cars are no longer competitive. Well, before attrition got this one teenage kid, he had his GT2 in first place for a while, schooling all of us older guys running GT. By the time the checkered flag dropped, I was able to pilot my GT1 to a strong second place finish using a basic, non-modified 3-port engine. To me, not bad for an old, outdated relic with a weaka$$ 3-port powering it.
Great story JLock !!! Love it...My GT1 is about to put a hurting on the snakes this upcoming FORGASS series in Florida starting in September through spring...My GT1/MP777 Hybrid has every trick and performance edge covered that the snakes think they have overcome us with ! lol... I even have a Brushless conversion GT1 with a mamba setup....thing is just ballistic ON 4S...Both cars running Your warrior body ! Yes I'm ready to put Big K back on top !
Old 05-31-2014, 12:17 AM   #1089
Tech Regular

Quote:
SteveP, I think he might be referring to to the MP777 ackerman and servo saver assembly with the top plate...The spacing on the MP7.5 stock chassis servo saver mounting is a lil wider vs the MP777 chassis..
Old 05-31-2014, 06:06 AM   #1090
Tech Rookie

Default GT2 Slidell,La

Hi guys... Cant post another web site here yet...Not "enough" posts
So visit my utube page "ejhoward" for our local GT2 action. Check out our new ACDC video. (needs volume though)
captej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #1091
Tech Initiate

Default great

Quote:
Originally Posted by captej View Post
Hi guys... Cant post another web site here yet...Not "enough" posts
So visit my utube page "ejhoward" for our local GT2 action. Check out our new ACDC video. (needs volume though)
It is a good video,Great job!
Jimmy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #1092
Tech Adept

Quote:
The wrong one I figured out. It goes to the 777 but the innards fit inside the plastic parts so I was able to use the bearing instead of the bushings. Works pretty good
Old 06-01-2014, 02:13 PM   #1093
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
Great story JLock !!! Love it...My GT1 is about to put a hurting on the snakes this upcoming FORGASS series in Florida starting in September through spring...My GT1/MP777 Hybrid has every trick and performance edge covered that the snakes think they have overcome us with ! lol... I even have a Brushless conversion GT1 with a mamba setup....thing is just ballistic ON 4S...Both cars running Your warrior body ! Yes I'm ready to put Big K back on top !
Thanks. My car is basically an RTR from the initial offering shipped to the US. Yes, that even includes the dogbones on all four corners!! I used the Warrior body and tested some Ipanema tires with soft inserts for qualifying (35 shore to 45 shore). The tires were hooked when I had my car running and did not take long to heat up. In fact, I ran a combo of 40S fronts and 40M rears that had my car just about on rails during the second qualifier when I was running. When the track temps were low (on Friday practice), the 35 shore soft inserts were dialed!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #1094
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

GT2 for sale:
I am not up to date on all of the Kyosho stuff but it has the good trans in it whatever is the best(its not the stock one) , and recently put the aluminum trans mount which helped TONS especially with the brakes. it also has 2 stage pistons CVD's etc etc. the RF pivot block is bent but it can just be straightened out last time it was raced my son got hacked on the last lap and that was the last time it was run. the engine is in great shape and has a nova carb on it but it needs the factory header for it. stock servos, extra gears ,dif parts cvd's, lots of stuff! 260 shipped CONUS email for details please mantisworx@hotmail.com

also have this body FS

and this AUDI (with hardware, wing and Bilstein decals):
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #1095
Tech Adept

If the engine is winding down slowly from full throttle is the lsn to rich or lean?