Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree26Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 05-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Looking at the pictures, it looks like the black head GXR engine that came in early model IGT2 cars. A quick look at the crankshaft would ID it really fast, since they were different than the blue head IGT1 GXR's and had a little stronger mid-range, but not too much. Been told the engine that comes in the newer "Race Spec" cars is the best of the bunch.

If you find yourself looking at a new hi-performance replacement and don't want to waste away your kid's future, a great engine option is the Werks B5 .21 at less than $200. It's a 100% Made in Italy engine, excellent quality, power and run time.

Actually, the 46/43 spur combo is a little taller than it should be for track racing on tiny little tracks and shouldn’t ever be an issue on even the largest tracks in America.

Depending on the .21 engine you’re running, a 15/19 clutch bell gear set should be fine almost most anywhere. If you’re running a hi-torque .28, a 16/19 or 16/20 set would more than enough for the Leisure Hours track in Joliet and the Homestead track too.

Hope it helps.
Excellent advice and Agreed with Jspeed 100% ...Take heed Nolan !
Old 05-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can anyone suggest where I can pick up a rear wing mount kit without having to buy the whole body?

It seems my only option might be to get the Ofna Dm-1 wing mount kit...
Old 05-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Actually on the side it is imprinted .28 so not sure which motor that is.

Awesome...define bigger tracks? Our full straight is 225 feet with a big Sweeper....See the Byron race GT layout at Leisure Hours Raceway. Thats actually what I am gearing up for. Looks like I can go to 17/21 with that gearing.
Nolan,

As Jspeed suggested (post #1020), a 15/19 to 16/20(or 21) is fine for the Leisure Hours track. For the Werks B5 I used at the 2012 Byrons Challenge, I used the 16/20 in qualifying and the 16/21 for the mains on my Inferno GT2. Gearing it at 17/21 will bog it down taking off but would give you good speed on the back straight into the sweeper by the building.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Nolan,

As Jspeed suggested (post #1020), a 15/19 to 16/20(or 21) is fine for the Leisure Hours track. For the Werks B5 I used at the 2012 Byrons Challenge, I used the 16/20 in qualifying and the 16/21 for the mains on my Inferno GT2. Gearing it at 17/21 will bog it down taking off but would give you good speed on the back straight into the sweeper by the building.
Ok sounds good...
So far the 2 speed is sourced.
Gonna go with a Buku Clutch it sounds like
SP Brake upgrade ordered
HPI 78mm Driveshaft ordered

I will actually probably be going with a ISON .21 GT Tuned for Byron's. I know that its probably a full open motor and anything goes but I figure if I run the MWNS I need a legal GT motor.

So I will get the 16/20
Old 05-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Smile

OK, guys, I won't bother your to much here.
I have the electric version, give me a idea on a very good/best steering servo.
I know it was discussed all ready in 52 pages
Old 05-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run the Savox 1258tg for both steering and throttle and I love it.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Airtronics make some great servos for torque and speed as well.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

BuddyBaja, spooky 1, thank you for the response
Old 05-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Markcuda
OK, guys, I won't bother your to much here.
I have the electric version, give me a idea on a very good/best steering servo.
I know it was discussed all ready in 52 pages
Mark,

It all depends on the type of running you’re planning to doing with your car. Servo speeds, torque and power consumption vary between units. Instead of following suggestions of what brand or models to use, a more thoughtful approach to selecting a servo that would best fit your application or budget.

A super hi-torque servo with lightning fast speed might be a requirement for closed circuit track racing. Yet, such a servo might not be the best choice for casual street use or bashing fun; due to hi-power consumption rates which car reduce receiver pack battery run time that pretty much mandate using lipo packs instead of more typical type battery packs.

Sure there’re track racers running .08 speed servos with 300ins of torque, but they’re all running lipo packs too and unless they’re all getting them thru “sponsors”, it’s a pretty expensive proposition once you factor everything together.

During our conversations in the past, you made it apparent that track racing your IGT wasn’t much of a concern.

So with that said, maybe your focus might be best with any servo that has metal gears for strength, speed ratings between .10 to .12 seconds and torque values between 120ins to 180ins, they would work fine in your application. Anything faster or higher than that would be over kill, reduce play time and be waste of your money.
Good luck
Old 05-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Again, Jeff, thank you very much
Old 05-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey MantisWorx!!! What haooened to the GTR and McLaren bodies!!!! Lol noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In that cause ProTek makes a servo that has good stats it's 50 bucks. It is .13/.11 and crazy torque. I'd still recommend a Lipo/Life as they are 30-40 bucks unless 5-10 minutes of play time is enough.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Mark,

It all depends on the type of running you’re planning to doing with your car. Servo speeds, torque and power consumption vary between units. Instead of following suggestions of what brand or models to use, a more thoughtful approach to selecting a servo that would best fit your application or budget.

A super hi-torque servo with lightning fast speed might be a requirement for closed circuit track racing. Yet, such a servo might not be the best choice for casual street use or bashing fun; due to hi-power consumption rates which car reduce receiver pack battery run time that pretty much mandate using lipo packs instead of more typical type battery packs.

Sure there’re track racers running .08 speed servos with 300ins of torque, but they’re all running lipo packs too and unless they’re all getting them thru “sponsors”, it’s a pretty expensive proposition once you factor everything together.

During our conversations in the past, you made it apparent that track racing your IGT wasn’t much of a concern.

So with that said, maybe your focus might be best with any servo that has metal gears for strength, speed ratings between .10 to .12 seconds and torque values between 120ins to 180ins, they would work fine in your application. Anything faster or higher than that would be over kill, reduce play time and be waste of your money.
Good luck
+1.....So well explained Jeff V. !! Nolan...I run lipo/life packs in all my cars...keeps rx and servos at optimum performance and voltage...
Old 05-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am now using RP servos.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I tried the Protech 330T when they were on sale for $60 each in my Race GT8 and they did just as well as my RadioPost ($120each).

It is best to find a servo to fit your needs and budget.

But also try to stay up to date on the new technology and advances. I only say this because the last thing you want to do is spend your hard earned cash on outdated equipment. Example: most are running lipo Rx batteries for the benefits (lighter, more power and run time) is the price difference worth using a ni-cd or ni-mh battery pack? You don't have to buy the latest and greatest or new for that matter.

I buy and sell used gear all the time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.