Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree27Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

got it running great. that's a great engine for a rtr but the tires were pretty much toast after a easy break in and a conservative tank. hopefully my sweeps will be here soon.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I picked this up from a hobby shop that was going out of business cause the GT8 class looks awesome. Can someone tell me if this is a 2 or 1 and or what page or where to find the list of upgrade parts I need to make this thing competitive.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Upgrades!

Originally Posted by NolanP

So I picked this up from a hobby shop that was going out of business cause the GT8 class looks awesome. Can someone tell me if this is a 2 or 1 and or what page or where to find the list of upgrade parts I need to make this thing competitive.
Nolan...that is a 2006 GT1 that was released with the Calsonic Z body as one of its licensed bodies at the time...I have a post that has a very detailed list that will help you make it fast and competitive...let me find it ! I'LL BE BACK !
Old 05-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Nolan...You can find my upgrades (at least most of them) at page 56 post#832...CVD's, .21 motor, updated shoe type Tranny, aluminum tranny mount and Sp brake upgrade are at the bare minimum a must have !....ohhh...must dump those servos !
Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
Nolan...You can find my upgrades (at least most of them) at page 56 post#832...CVD's, .21 motor, updated shoe type Tranny, aluminum tranny mount and Sp brake upgrade are at the bare minimum a must have !....ohhh...must dump those servos !
Yeah the servo's were the first thing leaving....the whole radio system actually.

Cool Thank you!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yeah the servo's were the first thing leaving....the whole radio system actually.

Cool Thank you!
Looks nice, better tune it up
Old 05-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Holy crap that body looks awesome.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

So what's the difference between the GT2 RS 2 speed and the Evolva 2 speed?

What's the part number to the CVD's I would need?

What Aluminun Tranny Mount Part number?

Which Brake upgrade part number are you talking about?

I have to get this setup to beat that Pete guy.

Last part is it just me or does this not have the GT2 engine in the car vs the GT1 engine. It looked different than anything else I found.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

So what's the difference between the GT2 RS 2 speed and the Evolva 2 speed?

What's the part number to the CVD's I would need?

What Aluminun Tranny Mount Part number?

Which Brake upgrade part number are you talking about?

I have to get this setup to beat that Pete guy.

Last part is it just me or does this not have the GT2 engine in the car vs the GT1 engine. It looked different than anything else I found.
Nolan...SP Brake Pad (MP777/WC) IFW330, Brake Disc IFW122, Universal Center shaft IFW12Z....Looks like you do have the current RTR race spec KE.25 motor...great for park bashing and thats it !
Evolva clutchbell will fit onto the current race spec tranny...I use that because you have many more pinions to choose from...not spurs ! Evolva bell is VS058, 16T IS FM540-16 AND 20T IS FM541-20 !! Make that baby rip now !! lol
Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Center-G...item519b0c1c88

TRANNY MOUNT LINK !!
Old 05-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nolan...SP Brake Pad (MP777/WC) IFW330, Brake Disc IFW122, Universal Center shaft IFW12Z....Looks like you do have the current RTR race spec KE.25 motor...great for park bashing and thats it !
Evolva clutchbell will fit onto the current race spec tranny...I use that because you have many more pinions to choose from...not spurs ! Evolva bell is VS058, 16T IS FM540-16 AND 20T IS FM541-20 !! Make that baby rip now !! lol
Actually, that clutchbell is not from the Evolva. It is from the FW05 shaft-driven nitro car that Kyosho offered back in the day. The Evolva was their 8th scale offering which used a centax clutch.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So what's the difference between the GT2 RS 2 speed and the Evolva 2 speed?......
Current two shoe 2-speed that Kyosho offers for their Inferno GT cars is actually a copy of the Ipanema Blackhawk transmission. Back in the early days of GT, the finger-styled 2-speed was fine if using the original GSR engine. Once you stepped your engine up, the finger-style was stripping out the second gear. MikaR, with the help of Jspeed, developed the Blackhawk transmission using the 2-speed shoes and spur gears from the 8th scale Evolva. They figured that if that transmission was tough enough for the Evolva, it shouldn't have any issues with anything you throw in the Inferno GT. It gave us Inferno GT users more clutchbell and spur gear choices over the original offerings and made gear shifting smoother than the "hit" style of the finger clutch in original two speed. Kyosho eventually copied it but seem to refuse to make more gear choices outside of the 46/43 current offering (which may not be enough for bigger tracks).
Old 05-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Actually on the side it is imprinted .28 so not sure which motor that is.

Originally Posted by JLock
Current two shoe 2-speed that Kyosho offers for their Inferno GT cars is actually a copy of the Ipanema Blackhawk transmission. Back in the early days of GT, the finger-styled 2-speed was fine if using the original GSR engine. Once you stepped your engine up, the finger-style was stripping out the second gear. MikaR, with the help of Jspeed, developed the Blackhawk transmission using the 2-speed shoes and spur gears from the 8th scale Evolva. They figured that if that transmission was tough enough for the Evolva, it shouldn't have any issues with anything you throw in the Inferno GT. It gave us Inferno GT users more clutchbell and spur gear choices over the original offerings and made gear shifting smoother than the "hit" style of the finger clutch in original two speed. Kyosho eventually copied it but seem to refuse to make more gear choices outside of the 46/43 current offering (which may not be enough for bigger tracks).
Awesome...define bigger tracks? Our full straight is 225 feet with a big Sweeper....See the Byron race GT layout at Leisure Hours Raceway. Thats actually what I am gearing up for. Looks like I can go to 17/21 with that gearing.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JLock
Actually, that clutchbell is not from the Evolva. It is from the FW05 shaft-driven nitro car that Kyosho offered back in the day. The Evolva was their 8th scale offering which used a centax clutch.
Correction, This bell was used on the FW-05 and the early Kyosho Evolva that did not use a centax style clutch ! here is the data from the Kyosho guru >>http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_F...p/kyovs058.htm

Old 05-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Actually on the side it is imprinted .28 so not sure which motor that is.
Looking at the pictures, it looks like the black head GXR engine that came in early model IGT2 cars. A quick look at the crankshaft would ID it really fast, since they were different than the blue head IGT1 GXR's and had a little stronger mid-range, but not too much. Been told the engine that comes in the newer "Race Spec" cars is the best of the bunch.

If you find yourself looking at a new hi-performance replacement and don't want to waste away your kid's future, a great engine option is the Werks B5 .21 at less than $200. It's a 100% Made in Italy engine, excellent quality, power and run time.

Awesome...define bigger tracks? Our full straight is 225 feet with a big Sweeper....See the Byron race GT layout at Leisure Hours Raceway. Thats actually what I am gearing up for. Looks like I can go to 17/21 with that gearing.
Actually, the 46/43 spur combo is a little taller than it should be for track racing on tiny little tracks and shouldn’t ever be an issue on even the largest tracks in America.

Depending on the .21 engine you’re running, a 15/19 clutch bell gear set should be fine almost most anywhere. If you’re running a hi-torque .28, a 16/19 or 16/20 set would more than enough for the Leisure Hours track in Joliet and the Homestead track too.

Hope it helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.