Dust off all your GT1 and GT2's guys...KYOSHO GT IS ALIVE AND WELL !
I would like to thank STEVE POND (SteveP) from Kyosho USA for creating this thread and sharing his vast knowledge of the inferno GT cars, setups, what to do and not to do...Also Trevor from www.infernosonly.com
for some serious parts advice over the phone on many occasions...What started life as $275 RTR barely used GT car purchased last summer with a stock Subara Rally body, I have now converted into a serious contender for the new ROAR GT class..I never felt I needed to abandon the car for a Serpent GT or Teamc car at no point at all, but believed the car that created the class can be updated with the "RIGHT STUFF" and be competitive with Serpent GT...watching the car as it went from RTR state to its current version I must say is like night and day, as I tested each new upgrade on track as they were installed !
Here are a list of mods !
1. MP777 light weight chassis.
2. MP777 radio tray with aluminum posts.
3. MP777 steering ackerman WC edition and Servo saver assembly (ball bearing upgrade not in picture, but installed currently !)
4. Dragon racing aluminum tranny mount, vented motor mount and CNC front hubs.
5. OEM CVD center drive shafts upgraded
6. OEM Front and rear light weight CVD's from the MP777.
7. Kyosho OEM aluminum gunmetal rear hubs.
8. 4 gear diffs with 50k diff oil front, 3k rear ! (per Stevep)
9. Front shock oil 1200, rear 1000 (per Stevep)
10. Upgraded to the new race spec Shoe type tranny ! (most needed upgrade !)
11. Evolva clutch bell with 16/20 pinions (vs stock 15/18) yes fits right on per Stevep..
12. Kyosho silver springs up front, and black springs in the rear..
13. OEM carbon clutch with light weight 34mm blue flywheel & 1mm springs..
14. SP sport brake pads with vented brake rotor ! (another must have upgrade..)
15. NOVA MAXY CINCO BT CERAMIC .21 5 PORT ROAR LEGAL MOTOR...
16. SWAY bars front and rear installed 3mm and 2.8mm
17. Replaced 90%of screws with metric hex heads.
18. JR Z9100S SERVOS for both throttle and steering....06 sec and 190 oz at 6v...
19. LIFE 6.6 v battery ...Protec RC perfect fit in batt tray !
20. SPEKTRUM DX4R PRO radio TX with DSMR at 5.5ms.... with the new SR410 DSMR RX...
21. OEM ASTON MARTIN BUMPER....hard to find
22. ALPHA SOFT shores for track days, MEDIUMS for practice..
23. Custom mounting of OEM braces for zero movement of the radio tray under breaking/acceleration..
24. 150cc GT2 fuel tank..
25. MP9 large fuel filter and large offroad gasline cooler.
26. 25% KOSMIC onroad fuel, product of Rino Lino in south FL !! yessir !
27. DRAGON racing rear aluminum toe bar at 2.5 deg.
28. OFNA DP1 Mclaren body.
29. EXCEED I.N.S. BOX
30. IFW334 LIGHTWEIGHT UNIVERSAL SWING SHAFT CVD 89.5 MM DESIGNED FOR MP777 ( 2 SETS NEEDED FOR F/R..)
31. IFW332 ALUMINUM KNUCKLE ARM INSTALLED WITH BUSHINGS.
32. IF312GM-01 GUNMETAL FRONT UPPER PLATE FOR 777/ST-RR EVO INSTALLED BUT NOT IN PIC (NOTE THIS WILL NOT FIT ON THE ORIGINAL MP7.5 GT1/GT2 CHASSIS)
33. FUEL SPLASH GUARD FROM MP777 PARTS TREE
34. SWEEP 50 SHORE MEDIUM OR ALPHA MEDIUMS WORK WELL FOR PRACTISE AND LONGEVITY.
READY FOR THE FORGASS STATE SERIES HERE IN FL, AND PAN AMERICAN GT AT HOMESTEAD RC SPEEDWAY...SERPENT GT WATCH YOUR BACK, CUZ BIG K IS BACK !