R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #766
Tech Addict
 
bassman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UT/TX/IN/PA
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I see, so based on your reasoning....... any offroad clutches is "adjustable" in this case because racers can adjust the tension on each individual spring of the clutch shoe by using different thickness of the spring (0.9mm, 1.0mm or 1.1mm, etc) and Buku clutch uses the same principle of spring tension adjustment by using set screws for the sake of convienence. I just want to clarify that any offroad clutches are consider "adjustable" as well (based on your reasoning). Unless, we want to be more specific by using words such as "adjustable on the fly".....etc.
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #767
Tech Master
 
J-milz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten island
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Anybody selling a blackhawk 2 speed?
__________________
💫XRAY addict💫 sponsored by the secret stash.....tee-hee-hee.
J-milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #768
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
I see, so based on your reasoning....... any offroad clutches is "adjustable" in this case because racers can adjust the tension on each individual spring of the clutch shoe by using different thickness of the spring (0.9mm, 1.0mm or 1.1mm, etc) and Buku clutch uses the same principle of spring tension adjustment by using set screws for the sake of convienence. I just want to clarify that any offroad clutches are consider "adjustable" as well (based on your reasoning). Unless, we want to be more specific by using words such as "adjustable on the fly".....etc.
No Andy, once again you're not listening and wanting to start an argument.

Any externally adjustable clutch has a tuning advantage on the race track over a conventional spring type offroad clutch; because of the speed that it can be dialed into track conditions is much faster than changing shoes or springs. Hence affording more time between heats to prepare or just relax.

A guy with an externally adjustable clutch can tighten or loosen engagement by just turning screw(s) on the fly. As opposed to a conventional offroad clutch that must be opened up to make changes.

There's also a much more fine tuning window with externally adjustable clutched over regular buggy/truggy spring units.

In any case, the Werks & Buku clutches were made legal because they work well, last long and the owners of both companies came to the table when they were asked to help support GT racing's growth.

Instead of arguments about it with me, just thank your sponsor Dave for making a great product and supporting GT racing too.

Take care.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #769
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-milz View Post
Anybody selling a blackhawk 2 speed?
Stopped selling them a while ago, was an excellent rig.

You can build your own using Evolva parts and VS058 clutch bell.
Center shafts depends upon if your chassis is IGT1 or IGT2 length.

Check with Lee at Winner's Circle, he should be able to help you.
Good luck!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #770
Tech Addict
 
bassman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UT/TX/IN/PA
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
No Andy, once again you're not listening and wanting to start an argument.

Any externally adjustable clutch has a tuning advantage on the race track over a conventional spring type offroad clutch; because of the speed that it can be dialed into track conditions is much faster than changing shoes or springs. Hence affording more time between heats to prepare or just relax.

A guy with an externally adjustable clutch can tighten or loosen engagement by just turning screw(s) on the fly. As opposed to a conventional offroad clutch that must be opened up to make changes.

There's also a much more fine tuning window with externally adjustable clutched over regular buggy/truggy spring units.

In any case, the Werks & Buku clutches were made legal because they work well, last long and the owners of both companies came to the table when they were asked to help support GT racing's growth.

Instead of arguments about it with me, just thank your sponsor Dave for making a great product and supporting GT racing too.

Take care.
Arguing? Who was arguing? I thought we were just sharing and exchanging thoughts here on this great forum.
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #771
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
I see, so based on your reasoning....... any offroad clutches is "adjustable" in this case because racers can adjust the tension on each individual spring of the clutch shoe by using different thickness of the spring (0.9mm, 1.0mm or 1.1mm, etc) and Buku clutch uses the same principle of spring tension adjustment by using set screws for the sake of convienence. I just want to clarify that any offroad clutches are consider "adjustable" as well (based on your reasoning). Unless, we want to be more specific by using words such as "adjustable on the fly".....etc.
Really andy, all those underlined words in that rambling aren't argumentative in nature?

Dude, you know the adjustable clutches are better for track use.
You know it's easier to just turn a few screws in the flywheel to adjust the spring pressure on a Werks or Buku clutch, compared to having to take the engine out of the chassis, removing the clutch bell and changing the springs or shoes to make adjustments to a conventional off-road clutch.

Nobody is saying they're not legal at our events andy, just please stop trying to act like there's not a good reason you're using them in your car instead of using the stock buggy clutch unit that comes with your chassis from the factory. lol

Like I said before andy, thank Dave for making a really nice clutch set-up for racing and for helping to support GT racing's growth.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #772
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,889
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman2 View Post
Arguing? Who was arguing? I thought we were just sharing and exchanging thoughts here on this great forum.
Just move on Andy, no point in putting coals on the fire.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 09-12-2013 at 05:08 AM.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #773
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6
Default

I was ready to drop in the engine, only to realise I need spacers. I ordered new motor mounts, 1mm and 2mm losi Alum. spacers(washer style). And ofna engine
mounts. do you think the engine will now fit with these spacers?!

Ps. I also got alum blue shoes, 1mm springs, blue flywheel, ofna clutch nut, bell shims...
I hope I am all set :s
Thanks for helping out a beginner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modfriendly View Post
I just bought a LRP .28. However, I am not sure if the stock clutch bell would fit this engine? Does any one know which two speed bell can fit?
Should i swap clutch set up as well? What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Modfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #774
Tech Master
 
J-milz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten island
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Stopped selling them a while ago, was an excellent rig.

You can build your own using Evolva parts and VS058 clutch bell.
Center shafts depends upon if your chassis is IGT1 or IGT2 length.

Check with Lee at Winner's Circle, he should be able to help you.
Good luck!
Thx!
__________________
💫XRAY addict💫 sponsored by the secret stash.....tee-hee-hee.
J-milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #775
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-milz View Post
Thx!
No problem, send me a pm with your email and I'll try to send you the original Blackhawk transmission instructions, so you can build the bullet proof unit for yourself, ok
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #776
Tech Master
 
FREELANCE_RCer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,312
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-milz View Post
Anybody selling a blackhawk 2 speed?
Post #369 of this thread, shows the 2 speed you're looking for.

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #777
Tech Master
 
J-milz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Staten island
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Thx
__________________
💫XRAY addict💫 sponsored by the secret stash.....tee-hee-hee.
J-milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #778
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,889
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

It appears that there is a cure for internet cancer!! LOL
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #779
Tech Initiate
 
Aught-Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
It appears that there is a cure for internet cancer!! LOL
Aught-Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #780
CMT
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Default Spinout

.

Last edited by CMT; 09-14-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Not on correct thread
CMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 03:11 AM
Racing in Chaplin CT this weekend!!! AndrewNicholas Racing Forum 476 09-10-2009 06:41 PM
Forgass March 7th and 8th, 2009 - Kissimmee KRaceway R*R*R*Pinard Florida Racing 189 03-16-2009 01:55 PM


Tags
igt, inferno gt2, kyosho


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:49 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net