Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec >

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Like Tree26Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec

Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Hmmmm well judging by no response and Jspeed history I can only assume he was talking to me. So let me expalin a few things about me and about RCShox. I own a machine shop,CNC mill, lathe and 3d printer amongst other tools. So what that means is that i can help this car by designing and testing. But if some of you are too sensitive to me comparing traits of other cars on this thread well maybe the Kyosho is not the car for me to try and make better? Kyohso has all but abandoned R+D for it so it seems to me like any help would be greatly appreciated? With all of that being said if any of you have an issue with me making and designing parts for your beloved car let me know and i will gladly leave you guys alone. I feel that i am probably your best hope of making the car better but I can spend my time and money elsewhere if I am not welcome. Speak up, I will do what you guys want nothing more nothing less.

I asked about the C hubs simply because I DO NOT KNOW!! didnt realize Serpent and Team C were considered cuss words on this thread!!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Hmmmm well judging by no response and Jspeed history I can only assume he was talking to me. So let me expalin a few things about me and about RCShox. I own a machine shop,CNC mill, lathe and 3d printer amongst other tools. So what that means is that i can help this car by designing and testing. But if some of you are too sensitive to me comparing traits of other cars on this thread well maybe the Kyosho is not the car for me to try and make better? Kyohso has all but abandoned R+D for it so it seems to me like any help would be greatly appreciated? With all of that being said if any of you have an issue with me making and designing parts for your beloved car let me know and i will gladly leave you guys alone. I feel that i am probably your best hope of making the car better but I can spend my time and money elsewhere if I am not welcome. Speak up, I will do what you guys want nothing more nothing less.

I asked about the C hubs simply because I DO NOT KNOW!! didnt realize Serpent and Team C were considered cuss words on this thread!!
Well we can sure use all help we can get. How about making some spur as well (40-46) would be great. I know people would love them for the shoe tranny.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what have you already made for the Koyosho ? what have you designed or tested? not being an ass just asking, ill try your product
Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have beem out a few days , and only today i see your posts here ....
i would love to develop or collaborate with you in this effort, but in my case is the problem of distance, given that I live in Brazil ,I would love to test or purchase the arm braces , and of course the hubcarriers with less caster ... I am about to develop my hubcarries with 0 degrees on nylon, but that I'm doing so artezanal and not a clean finished , but what matters right now is the functionality ... would maintain direct contact in any initiative to create its new parts and show my real interest in it ... thanks friend !!!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rfordrford
Well we can sure use all help we can get. How about making some spur as well (40-46) would be great. I know people would love them for the shoe tranny.
I do not know what the Kyosho gears look like yet but these are the ones i just finished for the TeamC:

Originally Posted by sewerdog
what have you already made for the Koyosho ? what have you designed or tested? not being an ass just asking, ill try your product
Thats the thing, I havent made or designed anything yet, first time i post for information i got blasted!!! My specialty is pistons so my first products will be 2 stage pistons and arm braces. But I have to invest in a roller to build up and use for initial testing hence my hesitance. I know most of you will welcome help, its the ones that will not let go of the past that have issues

Originally Posted by lagos
i have beem out a few days , and only today i see your posts here ....
i would love to develop or collaborate with you in this effort, but in my case is the problem of distance, given that I live in Brazil ,I would love to test or purchase the arm braces , and of course the hubcarriers with less caster ... I am about to develop my hubcarries with 0 degrees on nylon, but that I'm doing so artezanal and not a clean finished , but what matters right now is the functionality ... would maintain direct contact in any initiative to create its new parts and show my real interest in it ... thanks friend !!!
I have a 3d printer so all i have to do is scan a current hub, convert to STL file, import to CAD adjust angle and then print out in ABS plastic which will be strong enough. Yes the end product will not be cheap but i think i can produce them cheaper than a pair of Aluminums would cost. To print a set of hubs would probably be 4 hours or so normal street rate for 3d printing is 35-50 per hour so you can see where it adds up. Once a prototype is finished i can figure out a way to produce them faster. I can probably get 3 or 4 sets printed at the same time which breaks the price down.

At the end of the day RCShox will simply sponsor a Kyosho driver for R+D that can give me detailed feedback and help with producing Kyosho hop ups!
Since I am sponsored by Team C, for obvious reasons I cannot "RACE" a Kyosho!!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 05-17-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

MANTISWORX !!!!PLEASE BUILD THOSE HUBS...PUT ME ON THE LIST FOR PURCHASE...I own 3 Infernos so I have no plans on giving up on the brand !! : )...... The USA Serpent Distributor is down the road from me in Miami and I have NO plans to switch brands...
Old 05-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I do not know what the Kyosho gears look like yet but these are the ones i just finished for the TeamC:

Thats the thing, I havent made or designed anything yet, first time i post for information i got blasted!!! My specialty is pistons so my first products will be 2 stage pistons and arm braces. But I have to invest in a roller to build up and use for initial testing hence my hesitance. I know most of you will welcome help, its the ones that will not let go of the past that have issues

I have a 3d printer so all i have to do is scan a current hub, convert to STL file, import to CAD adjust angle and then print out in ABS plastic which will be strong enough. Yes the end product will not be cheap but i think i can produce them cheaper than a pair of Aluminums would cost. To print a set of hubs would probably be 4 hours or so normal street rate for 3d printing is 35-50 per hour so you can see where it adds up. Once a prototype is finished i can figure out a way to produce them faster. I can probably get 3 or 4 sets printed at the same time which breaks the price down.

At the end of the day RCShox will simply sponsor a Kyosho driver for R+D that can give me detailed feedback and help with producing Kyosho hop ups!
Since I am sponsored by Team C, for obvious reasons I cannot "RACE" a Kyosho!!
i would buy all of the hop ups as the only way it seems we will get any is if someone other than Kyosho makes them. You will definitely be rewarded for any and all assistance in developing parts the car.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
MANTISWORX !!!!PLEASE BUILD THOSE HUBS...PUT ME ON THE LIST FOR PURCHASE...I own 3 Infernos so I have no plans on giving up on the brand !! : )...... The USA Serpent Distributor is down the road from me in Miami and I have NO plans to switch brands...
Originally Posted by rfordrford
i would buy all of the hop ups as the only way it seems we will get any is if someone other than Kyosho makes them. You will definitely be rewarded for any and all assistance in developing parts the car.

Thanx for the support guys. If any of you know where a cheap roller is contact me, the faster i get one the faster i can start making parts!!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

the hub carriers are comming ... artesanal finish , but with all precise measurements ok ...
this is the first peaces i have made and at night i go to a friend who have a precise drill to make all important holes .... these hub carriers will add 0 degree to the total caster angle ...

on the next 2 ones i will make a diferent angle on the peaces to compensate the kyosho angulated hubs

that first 2 pieces were made as a habillity test , to see if i can make the parts with a minimal clean but precise finish ... the next ones will be stronger in the midlle of the part (where the universals will pass through )

Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lagos
the hub carriers are comming ... artesanal finish , but with all precise measurements ok ...
this is the first peaces i have made and at night i go to a friend who have a precise drill to make all important holes .... these hub carriers will add 0 degree to the total caster angle ...

on the next 2 ones i will make a diferent angle on the peaces to compensate the kyosho angulated hubs

that first 2 pieces were made as a habillity test , to see if i can make the parts with a minimal clean but precise finish ... the next ones will be stronger in the midlle of the part (where the universals will pass through )

There is also a possible market for these hubs for the Kyosho ST-RR.

Lee
Old 05-21-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

I took two hours of pleasurable work on it, and there is no possibility of producing in large-scale ... I know I can improve in many ways, using appropriate tools , and with it i can produce than in a half of time or less with a better finish look ... but for a first prototype until it was acceptable .... still can not make the holes ... but today I'll be working on it ... and will install and see what the benefits are about how the tires will touch the ground when the wheels turn .... what I'm looking for is a better contact area on the front wheels and stop using the corners of the tires when turned (what happens when we have an excessive caster angle in the car) which causes wear on rubber tires in long races ... I know I have to work on a new setup in the car to fit the new angle of caster which will now be only the angle of chassis kickup .
Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JLock
DJ,

Depending on what engine you are running, your front diff oil is probably fine for now. However, you may want to try 30K in the rear. At last year's Byron's race, I was running 120K front, 30K rear with a Werks B5 mill. As you saw, my GT2 was dialed with very good turn-in making corners. A tip with the GT2 at your track at Leisure Hours, try a 1/2 degree more camber on the left side of the car as compared to the right. It helped my car carry a bit more speed into the corners, especially in the sweeps going into and out of the straightaway.
200k in front and 60k in rear worked out good for me. I actually have 300k for the front but haven't tried it yet.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanx for the support guys. If any of you know where a cheap roller is contact me, the faster i get one the faster i can start making parts!!
I know where you can get a great deal and a ton of extra parts not already on the car
Old 05-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dortiz68
200k in front and 60k in rear worked out good for me. I actually have 300k for the front but haven't tried it yet.
What engine are you running with that diff setup? What car are you running that diff setup in? It is in line with what I am using (doubled on the rear, almost doubled on the front) and would probably be good for me to use of I switched over to a higher-powered onroad engine. If you get a chance to try the 300k on the front with the 60k in the rear, give a report on your car's responses.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JLock
What engine are you running with that diff setup? What car are you running that diff setup in? It is in line with what I am using (doubled on the rear, almost doubled on the front) and would probably be good for me to use of I switched over to a higher-powered onroad engine. If you get a chance to try the 300k on the front with the 60k in the rear, give a report on your car's responses.
I ran it with a 4 port Nova off-road engine and with a 35+21 on-road engine. It handled pretty well. I had drivers a lot better than myself turning very competitive laps to their own cars in Miami.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.