R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #346
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Default

were did you get your bodys at??
Big-air420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #347
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-air420 View Post
were did you get your bodys at??
I got the R8 from Amain Hobbies and the Alpha R1 for maxvelocityracong.com.
rfordrford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #348
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know If they make a 40/46 spur gear set for the 2 shoe transmission on the race spec? If they do what is the part number. I have all of the pinion gears from 14 to 22 and want the 40/46 spur to have more options.
rfordrford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #349
Tech Addict
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 511
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfordrford View Post
Does anyone know If they make a 40/46 spur gear set for the 2 shoe transmission on the race spec? If they do what is the part number. I have all of the pinion gears from 14 to 22 and want the 40/46 spur to have more options.
Sadly.....the answer is NOPE.......and don't hold your breath. The arrival date on those has something to do with the 'second experiation of the Mayan clock'.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #350
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,561
Default

40/46 spurs fit only to the original 2-speed finger type, not to the shoe type 2-speed IGW008 that comes in the race spec. Of course you can run this original 2-speed also in race spec but it is not as durable and may strip gears occasionally.
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #351
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys I guess I'll have to just do without. I will just have to go with the 17/21 setup and be happy, because I don't want to go backwards and be disappointed.
rfordrford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #352
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas via Maui HI
Posts: 417
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Airtronics race in CA

GT guys,

March 22-24 is one of the big races in sunny CA. Check out the onroad Airtronics race thread.

Questions was asked if GT cars will be racing,

There is couple on the list already,

and here is the latet post on that.

Quote:

alright!!!!!!

calling all GT/IGT drivers its going to be a fun race
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HENRY C


This is parking lot track but it feels and seems more like a perminent track as the area used has been the same for years, the traction is awsome, the layout is huge with a nice back straight to let your motors sing down the back straight.

The Nationals will be held at this track in August so the competition is stacked as everyone is warming up for that.

Check it out.
mauimaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #353
Tech Fanatic
 
manny021803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 899
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

any pic or video for the track???????
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauimaxx View Post
GT guys,

March 22-24 is one of the big races in sunny CA. Check out the onroad Airtronics race thread.

Questions was asked if GT cars will be racing,

There is couple on the list already,

and here is the latet post on that.

Quote:

alright!!!!!!

calling all GT/IGT drivers its going to be a fun race
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HENRY C


This is parking lot track but it feels and seems more like a perminent track as the area used has been the same for years, the traction is awsome, the layout is huge with a nice back straight to let your motors sing down the back straight.

The Nationals will be held at this track in August so the competition is stacked as everyone is warming up for that.

Check it out.
__________________
NEW YORKERS RACERS TEAM(NYRT)
bruckner hobbies/sweep tire/desoto racing/bu-ku clutch
NYRT#4
NYRCC #124
manny021803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #354
Tech Addict
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 511
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfordrford View Post
Thanks guys I guess I'll have to just do without. I will just have to go with the 17/21 setup and be happy, because I don't want to go backwards and be disappointed.
If you ever have a 40/46 gear set in the car next to you as you enter the big straightaway and it grabs 2d gear...........you'll give it one more thought.

I've found that if you monitor your time/life/abuse factors and do 'preventitive maintenance' it's an okay setup. Yes you can strip some gears if you're beating it pretty hard but darn, that shift is fun. A torquey 'grunt monster' .28 will kill the 'finger clutch' quicker.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

And THANKS to MauiMaxx for the 'heads up' on the addition of IGT at the Airtronics Race in LA. ...........I'm IN!!!!!
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #355
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,821
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

GLARCRC
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-glarcrc.jpg  
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #356
Tech Fanatic
 
*1speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 813
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauimaxx View Post
GT guys,

March 22-24 is one of the big races in sunny CA. Check out the onroad Airtronics race thread.

Questions was asked if GT cars will be racing,

There is couple on the list already,

and here is the latet post on that.

Quote:

alright!!!!!!

calling all GT/IGT drivers its going to be a fun race
__________________
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HENRY C


This is parking lot track but it feels and seems more like a perminent track as the area used has been the same for years, the traction is awsome, the layout is huge with a nice back straight to let your motors sing down the back straight.

The Nationals will be held at this track in August so the competition is stacked as everyone is warming up for that.

Check it out.
Interesting............ Will look at the schedule, I mean ask the Boss
__________________
🏁🏁🏁 🏆🏆🏆🏆 2013 XRAY XB9 GT8 🏆🏆🏆🏆 🏁🏁🏁
2013 & 2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 & NY State GT8 CHAMPION!!
....................... 🏆 SPONSORS 🏆 .....................
ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ / Engines Modded by The Nitro Shop
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #357
Tech Master
 
MikaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
If you ever have a 40/46 gear set in the car next to you as you enter the big straightaway and it grabs 2d gear...........you'll give it one more thought.

I've found that if you monitor your time/life/abuse factors and do 'preventitive maintenance' it's an okay setup. Yes you can strip some gears if you're beating it pretty hard but darn, that shift is fun. A torquey 'grunt monster' .28 will kill the 'finger clutch' quicker.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

And THANKS to MauiMaxx for the 'heads up' on the addition of IGT at the Airtronics Race in LA. ...........I'm IN!!!!!
Yes, that's indeed pretty cool.
Have you guys tried the Dragon Racing's metal gear set? Will it provide more durability with the finger type clutch?
__________________
http://modelcartuning.simplesite.com/
MikaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #358
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Yes, that's indeed pretty cool.
Have you guys tried the Dragon Racing's metal gear set? Will it provide more durability with the finger type clutch?
I've heard bad things about it. Unless they have revised it it will not give the results you are looking for. I've not had 1 good review.
rfordrford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #359
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,153
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfordrford View Post
I've heard bad things about it. Unless they have revised it it will not give the results you are looking for. I've not had 1 good review.
The only transmission solution for the Kyosho cars is the 2 shoe type. I tried every option on the finger type transmission and I either stripped the plastic gear, broke the metal gear, tore the pin out of the gear, or broke the finger.

I am running a Blackhawk transmission in my GT2 (made from Evolva parts) and I never have a problem with it. This allows the use of 44 or 45 gears for 2nd gear and 47, 48 or 49T for 1st gear. Unfortunately the Blackhawk is no longer available but you can still build your own Evolva based GT transmission if you are unhappy with the new Kyosho shoe transmission.

Lee
__________________
Lee Muse
[email protected]
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #360
Tech Addict
 
scary_jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 511
Smile trans/metal gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaR View Post
Yes, that's indeed pretty cool.
Have you guys tried the Dragon Racing's metal gear set? Will it provide more durability with the finger type clutch?
We've got a racer that did his own buggy conversion from a Hot Bodies buggy. It actually has a metal gear trans. He won't part with it even though he has constantly had 'mysterious' issues............flywheel comes loose, screws shake out of trans clutch, engine clutch 'gremlins', etc.

I stayed away from the metal gears for my understanding of the 'shock factor' they impose on the engine crank/bearings, the weight of the rotating mass etc. It's an ambitious venture for Dragon (bless them!) but not all ideas 'float'. That little 'finger' on the clutch mechanism can only handle ......so much.

I wish that Blackhawk tranny shaft was still available..........if anybody has the specs..........pm me.
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 03:11 AM
Racing in Chaplin CT this weekend!!! AndrewNicholas Racing Forum 476 09-10-2009 06:41 PM
Forgass March 7th and 8th, 2009 - Kissimmee KRaceway R*R*R*Pinard Florida Racing 189 03-16-2009 01:55 PM


Tags
igt, inferno gt2, kyosho


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net