Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
From Scary Jerry on another thread:

All I could say was wow. The TeamC....(OFNA)....turns quicker than my Kyosho GT but I'm hoping Kyosho addresses the issue with new caster blocks...hint...hint...hint.

I wonder if Kyosho might already have some different caster blocks somewhere in their HUGE parts catalog???

Steve???

Someone????

Thanks!
Chris,

Maybe he has a bad setup on his Kyosho, we don't know. I know the Kyosho isn't the end-all-be-all, but I have had pretty good success with mine, making a lot of A-mains with my dated chassis. It is all at what you make of each car, good and bad point aside.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #302
Tech Rookie

@JLock

Am I right, that you are a member of Ipanema? Last week I have send a query to Ipanema and recieved no reply.

My questions were:
1. Are the GT slicks available with black BBS style rims? Imagine white rims on a Aston Martin DB9 R with vitaphone painting. Looks pretty silly.

2. I am here in Europe (Germany) and I asked for retailers - or direct purchase from Ipanema.

Could you help?

Many thanks,
Marco
Butzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #303
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butzemann View Post
@JLock

Am I right, that you are a member of Ipanema? Last week I have send a query to Ipanema and recieved no reply.

My questions were:
1. Are the GT slicks available with black BBS style rims? Imagine white rims on a Aston Martin DB9 R with vitaphone painting. Looks pretty silly.

2. I am here in Europe (Germany) and I asked for retailers - or direct purchase from Ipanema.

Could you help?

Many thanks,
Marco
I have seen the Black rims before. Most just use the white ones. But I know that if you want then in black Ipanema will get them for you.
jneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #304
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butzemann View Post
@JLock

My questions were:

Could you help?

Many thanks,
Marco
Yes, Ipanema slicks are also on black BBS rims. I have several pairs of 50 shores 41mm and 47mm on black BBS rims in my possession as of this post. The US distributors for Ipanema are Bruckner Hobbies and Winner's Circle, both have websites that you can order from them direct. If they don't have them in black, PM me here on RC Tech and we can work something out to get you some black BBS wheels.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #305
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just a little something I've been working on. Picked up a great deal on an original IGT from a hobby shop owner getting rid of all his extra RCs. Since I'm not racing it, I preferred the long look of the IGT2 wheelbase, so got to thank Chris K for helping out with making it a painless swap.

Really can't wait to get this OS .40 fired up to compare to its smaller brother, the OS .26 in the FW04.

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #306
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

And for those wondering what is required for IGT/IGT2 conversion, the differences are not just chassis and center rear dogbone. The front center dogbone needs to be changed as well. In addition, the IGT2 uses a longer rear chassis brace. I have the original IGT rear brace on mines and it will line up with one of the holes, but it is hitting the motor mount plate. I will have to shave it or put in a longer tie rod to move up to the next hole.

I also imagine the steering link from rack to servo will need lengthening (seeing as how I needed a longer center front shaft going to the longer wheelbase) I haven't mounted up the radio tray yet though.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #307
Tech Rookie

Hi guys.
Just interesting about stock KS200 servo.
Is this servo durable? Or i should upgrade it to Savox, Futaba, ect ?
igoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:37 AM   #308
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to duh702GT

Hey guys I just picked up a novarossi 21 for my IGT what clutch and flywheel should I get for this set up. It's going to be a bump start obviously.
duh702GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:14 AM   #309
Tech Rookie

KYOIFW110 flywheel,
KYOIFW53 springs,
KYOIFW339 aluminium pads.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:15 AM   #310
Tech Rookie

here is my GT2's:

1. Sirio S21RR STI, HD aluminium clutch pads, Efra2058, new type shoe trnsmission, HD air filter, Big fuel filter, front and rear swaybars, 10 spoke rims with slicks shore 45.

2. Sirio S24T, HD aluminium clutch pads, Efra2057, new type shoe trnsmission, HD air filter, Big fuel filter, front and rear swaybars, 10 spoke rims with slicks shore 45.

3. GT2 LE, Sirio S24T, Efra2013, new type shoe trnsmission, HD air filter, Big fuel filter, front and rear swaybars, 10 spoke rims with slicks shore 45, front UJ, oils: front- 100.000, rear- 20.000, shocks- 500.

full assembling process of LE:
http://kyosho-club.lt/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=5

Last edited by igoris; 12-31-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #311
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoris View Post
Hi guys.
Just interesting about stock KS200 servo.
Is this servo durable? Or i should upgrade it to Savox, Futaba, ect ?
Stock servos make decent throttle servos but not steering servos. I run multiple GT cars so I stick with one servo the Savox 1268, to make them all react similar. My setup has been a 1268 for steering and a 0252 for throttle for a good while now. Can't go wrong with this setup for Kyosho, Team C or Serpents. The stock will work but no where near a Savox.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 AM   #312
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh702GT View Post
Hey guys I just picked up a novarossi 21 for my IGT what clutch and flywheel should I get for this set up. It's going to be a bump start obviously.
I'm not 100% sure that the official rules dictate the following but our local club enforces it. We run the stock flywheel to the kit. The only thing you can change are springs and shoe compound. This was done to try and keep the cost low in the beginning but like I said I'm not 100% sure its still around. The Kyosho stock clutch set-up is money, even better is their 2 speed.

What 21 did you get? Im running a Novarossi 35 Plus Tuned and it is a flat out animal. During Timezone last year we had a $200 motor rule and we found the Novarossi N21-5T. The 5T is the best motor for GT you can get for the money flat out. That little purple monster screams!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #313
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
Stock servos make decent throttle servos but not steering servos. I run multiple GT cars so I stick with one servo the Savox 1268, to make them all react similar. My setup has been a 1268 for steering and a 0252 for throttle for a good while now. Can't go wrong with this setup for Kyosho, Team C or Serpents. The stock will work but no where near a Savox.
OMG then i should upgrade all KS200 in my collection: 6x in GT2's, 2x in RRR Evo.2, 1x in RB5 SP2, 1x in DRX VE (now installed stock KS201) so, 10 pcs
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #314
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoris View Post
OMG then i should upgrade all KS200 in my collection: 6x in GT2's, 2x in RRR Evo.2, 1x in RB5 SP2, 1x in DRX VE (now installed stock KS201) so, 10 pcs
Order me some too! If you like the stockers more power to you, I dont. Driving styles differ greatly and the stock servos dont respond to my inputs like the Savox does.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:49 AM   #315
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to duh702GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
I'm not 100% sure that the official rules dictate the following but our local club enforces it. We run the stock flywheel to the kit. The only thing you can change are springs and shoe compound. This was done to try and keep the cost low in the beginning but like I said I'm not 100% sure its still around. The Kyosho stock clutch set-up is money, even better is their 2 speed.

What 21 did you get? Im running a Novarossi 35 Plus Tuned and it is a flat out animal. During Timezone last year we had a $200 motor rule and we found the Novarossi N21-5T. The 5T is the best motor for GT you can get for the money flat out. That little purple monster screams!
Actually Ty that's the motor I bought 35+21 tuned... lol good I want it to be a monster that's why I got it. I'm not racing at a track yet so I don't have rules to follow. I know about the under 200 and all that for gt class rules.
duh702GT is offline   Reply With Quote