R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #286
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Getting a serpent cobra gt gonna cost me more, so I'll just finish the one I started instead of selling this to low ballers.

GT class--buggy-based on road!
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-ebay-sale-124.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-ebay-sale-125.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-ebay-sale-126.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec-ebay-sale-127.jpg  
FREELANCE_RCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #287
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer View Post
Getting a serpent cobra gt gonna cost me more, so I'll just finish the one I started instead of selling this to low ballers.

GT class--buggy-based on road!
This is GT1? I like it. All the Carbon are really nice. I'd like to do that on my GT2 also.

Serpent GT is really nice car. But the IGT will do job as well.
Sakura xi sport USGT
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #288
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
As far as the Kfactory stuff goes, it is good quality and will serve you well. I have run a bunch of their pieces and had good luck with them.
Thank you...
I think most people saw the words "serpent" and "fast" and went bannanas...
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #289
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys I have a gt2 roller that I was planing on converting to brushless, it needs some work but for the price on the new gt2 ve I was thinking about buying that I have the corvette and the db9 bodies both new. Well I guess my real questions are is there a big difference on the handling, what ok d of speeds can I expect out of the box? I am not racing just for fun in parking lots with friends.

Thanks mike
miketonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #290
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I'm sure it's here somewhere but....

Can someone help me with a Kyosho part # for a GT1 chassis and universals/or dog bones???? I'm thinkin' 'bout going SHORT!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #291
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I'm in need of some help here with my race spec, I cant seem to get the car to shift into second gear after replacing the stock engine, with a LRP 27. Can adding a new engine cause car not to shift(different power band) Car shifted fine prior to adding the new engine. Any info would be helpful thanks
erion racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #292
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I'm sure it's here somewhere but....

Can someone help me with a Kyosho part # for a GT1 chassis and universals/or dog bones???? I'm thinkin' 'bout going SHORT!
Are you trying to convert from GT2? I'd love to trade ya GT1 chassis and short dogbone.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #293
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Are you trying to convert from GT2? I'd love to trade ya GT1 chassis and short dogbone.
YG P M
Old 11-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #294
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastVW View Post
You definitely don't need a serpent to be competitive, but kyosho (in-general) does lack the driver support and set-ups that the serpent car has readily available. That being said, I raced at FBF today, and after some tinkering I managed to finish 2nd in the A about a lap and a half down from one of the sweep guys (Jose ????). This with a brand new Roma just broke-in the day before. My point is that you don't need a serpent to be fast...I lapped a whole lotta them today...It's all about your set-up and driving skill...

Rich Peters (a.k.a. Kyosho Rich)
Yeah rich behind me lol!!! How u doing bro??? Im selling my gt2 if you know anybody let me know. You and garret knows how good my car is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-milz View Post
Was at a local GT8 event this past weekend and it seemed as, if you weren't driving a serpent you wasn't competitive. I purchased a $175 GT1 from the forum and want to get this car up to speed. I was thinking of using the below items from kfactory.....any thoughts?

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/showBi.../K80/K8040.jpg
Listen i can speak about the difference between gt and the cobra because i ran the kyosho and now i run the serpent. Nobody can compare the quality of serpent with kyosho car at least in the gt class!!! The kyosho car is a ready to run car that you would have to invest a lot of money to make it competitive starting from shocks, cvd, sway bars, straight cut diff, C-hubs, hubs carriers, 2 speed etc.
After all these upgrades i was one of the fastes guys with a gt in my area but after spend almost 600 dollars.

The serpent cobra is the perfect car to buy because comes with all the racing components from factory. The car just need a good servos and a decent engine and i will guarantee you that you will be competitive using paolo morganti set up from the serpent web site.
Im now running my cobra and i can say that i am 1/2 a second faster with the cobra than with my kyosho, also i can say that the cobra is more consistent and reliable.
Neal Smith Mods.
Alpha Tires and Body.
Joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #295
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erion racer View Post
I'm in need of some help here with my race spec, I cant seem to get the car to shift into second gear after replacing the stock engine, with a LRP 27. Can adding a new engine cause car not to shift(different power band) Car shifted fine prior to adding the new engine. Any info would be helpful thanks
The car could be shifting what happens is the lrp enine has much more power band than the factory and thats the reason why you dont realize that it could be shifting.
Neal Smith Mods.
Alpha Tires and Body.
Joseph16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #296
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by erion racer View Post
A lot of times a replacement engine will have a stronger powerband; making it shift so early you can't notice or hear it.

You might need to just tighten the transmission spring's tension screws in 1/2 revolutions at a time until you hear it shift. Then, fine tune it to shift where you want. Hope it helps
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #297
hjn
Tech Rookie

Inferno GT2 Corvette was my first nitro. Finally got it running good this summer, and have had an absolute blast with it!

One question I have for anyone, especially SteveP, I lost one my left (driver side) headlight bucket. I have a nice set of lights to put on, but now I can't.

I e-mailed Kyosho America, and was told it wasn't available. Any way I can find one? If anyone has a spare, I would gladly pay for it.
hjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #298
Tech Regular

Default Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjn View Post
Inferno GT2 Corvette was my first nitro. Finally got it running good this summer, and have had an absolute blast with it!

One question I have for anyone, especially SteveP, I lost one my left (driver side) headlight bucket. I have a nice set of lights to put on, but now I can't.

I e-mailed Kyosho America, and was told it wasn't available. Any way I can find one? If anyone has a spare, I would gladly pay for it.
send me a PM with the address, I have a set I'll send you so you can light that baby up!!!!!
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #299
hjn
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_jerry View Post
send me a PM with the address, I have a set I'll send you so you can light that baby up!!!!!
Sent you a PM. Very cool of you to offer this!!
hjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #300
Tech Elite

From Scary Jerry on another thread:

All I could say was wow. The TeamC....(OFNA)....turns quicker than my Kyosho GT but I'm hoping Kyosho addresses the issue with new caster blocks...hint...hint...hint.

I wonder if Kyosho might already have some different caster blocks somewhere in their HUGE parts catalog???

Steve???

Someone????

Thanks!