MTX5 or 747?

Old 05-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation MTX5 or 747?

Hello everybody!
After setting and racing and practicing with My MRX5 WC edition for many many hours I believe that I need more drugs...
So I want to race on 1/10 200mm too and I am on these two models.
I can say that I am a MUGEN junkie but for the 1/10 I am confused.
I've heard that mtx5 have some serius problemes but I don't know if it got better on the latest model ( t2002 ). On the other hand I am 300% sutisfied with the MRX5 WC edition and rocks on the track.
Could You give any advice about these two models and if it worth to wait for the release of 747?

Thanks in advance from Greece!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

all cars have things needing improvement, its why there are many updated versions and R's following.

if you're happy with the mugen, it might be easier to run the same brand of cars?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

No one?
Please help because I want to race....
What about Capricorn Lab C02
Old 05-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s.i.jerefos
No one?
Please help because I want to race....
What about Capricorn Lab C02
im always confused when some one asks between a choice of what car to buy ! specially when one of the cars you are asking about isnt released as yet. so no one has an idea of the capabilities , strengths, weaknesses. so just maybe that is why no one is replying. id go for the Mugen, why ? cause it is available right now, if you are so keen to race.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In my opinion the two best cars on the market right now are the NT1 and the Capricorn C01/C02. The XRAY has always been a dominate chassis and the new Capricorn is light a ballistic fast out of the corners. If you are buying new those are the only two chassis i would look at. KM is too heavy and support is AWFUL. Mugen still hasn't figured out the stripping gears issue which is why no one drives it in FL. The 747 looks nice and from what i heard is that it is fast down the straights but cant keep up in and out of the corners with the NT1 and Capricorn. Hope this helps
Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

Originally Posted by esckalayd
In my opinion the two best cars on the market right now are the NT1 and the Capricorn C01/C02. The XRAY has always been a dominate chassis and the new Capricorn is light a ballistic fast out of the corners. If you are buying new those are the only two chassis i would look at. KM is too heavy and support is AWFUL. Mugen still hasn't figured out the stripping gears issue which is why no one drives it in FL. The 747 looks nice and from what i heard is that it is fast down the straights but cant keep up in and out of the corners with the NT1 and Capricorn. Hope this helps
i've seen the 747 live in action that thing is freakishly fast down the straight and in the corners. but to answer the question i think out of the box you should go with the Serpent 747 or the Xray NT1, you might have to many frustrations with the mugen
Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tha Beast
i've seen the 747 live in action that thing is freakishly fast down the straight and in the corners. but to answer the question i think out of the box you should go with the Serpent 747 or the Xray NT1, you might have to many frustrations with the mugen
Yeah Paolo M. had the 747 at a race a week or so ago in Delaware and apparently that thing was as fast as if not faster down the straight than DJ Apolaro, but DJ i guess was able to dominate the infield with the Capricorn
Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by esckalayd
do you know what is weight different brtween KM HK1 and X-RAY NT1(out of the box)
Old 05-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Hello everybody!
After setting and racing and practicing with My MRX5 WC edition for many many hours I believe that I need more drugs...
So I want to race on 1/10 200mm too and I am on these two models.
I can say that I am a MUGEN junkie but for the 1/10 I am confused.
I've heard that mtx5 have some serius problemes but I don't know if it got better on the latest model ( t2002 ). On the other hand I am 300% sutisfied with the MRX5 WC edition and rocks on the track.
Could You give any advice about these two models and if it worth to wait for the release of 747?

Thanks in advance from Greece!
I had the almost same experience as you.I didnt have the chance to drive the MTX4R or MRX4X.When the MRX5 came out,people were saying how fragile the arms are and stuff.But I just bought it after a couple of my friends convinced me to get one.And guess what,I fell in love with it.It gave me my most memorable result.After that,I kinda swore to Mugen.

So when the MTX5 came out,I got one.Even before I ran the car,people started talking about this car.Stripped gears,stripped gear diffs,flexy chassis and so on.I stayed true to it and tested the car myself.Stripped a gear once,did some investigation and reading in the forum,didn't strip a gear anymore.Stripped the rear diffs,changed to the steel ones,problem solved.Flexy chassis,some people say,it is made to flex for a reason (only Robert will know).But let me tell you this,this car has massive potential if you are patient and work on it.

No car is perfect.The Capri,Xrays,Serpents,Mugens,KMs,Shepherds,Kyoshos all has their pros and cons.So my advice is choose which is the one you like,which is best supported at your area and which works best with your budget.I don't really like people who condemns a car by just reading and hearing what people say and not trying it themselves.

Peace.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

well said.

But if you want to race without troubles/issues BUY AN XRAY NT1.
Fast racing, easy to get fast, and with the lightparts it will get the weight limit next year. best advise i can give you. have fun
Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool

This is true and My only negative point is the problemes with with the pinions on MTX5.
I really don't know why but there are many problems in Greece and I am afraid.
The service that the Greek dealer offers is wonderfull and have no problem at all.
On the other hand I am thinking of Capricorn C02 but the problem is that there is no dealer in Greece and everything that I have to do it on My own.
On the other hand I really love My Mugen and I like MTX5 , but what can I do with the differential problemes?
As for the 747 I've seen it only on photos and videos...
Old 05-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia
do you know what is weight different brtween KM HK1 and X-RAY NT1(out of the box)
My friends KM HK1 out of the box was over 1800grams but i don't think he was running a LiFe. After a LiFe, composite diffs, and some lightening of the chassis he was only able to get down to around 1760-1770g. I had to add weight the NT1 to make the legal limit. I am running a LiFe battery, composite diffs, and i still need a 30g weight to make weight. At state events i weigh in around 1735-1745 depending on what tires i go with.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is true and My only negative point is the problemes with with the pinions on MTX5.
I really don't know why but there are many problems in Greece and I am afraid.
The service that the Greek dealer offers is wonderfull and have no problem at all.
On the other hand I am thinking of Capricorn C02 but the problem is that there is no dealer in Greece and everything that I have to do it on My own.
On the other hand I really love My Mugen and I like MTX5 , but what can I do with the differential problemes?
As for the 747 I've seen it only on photos and videos...
SUPPORT is the most underrated thing when looking to buy a chassis. If support is good for you in Greece with the Mugen....stick with it. Your differential problems are due to improper shimming out of the box. You are going to need to apply a small (.1mm or .2mm) shim on the diff pin shaft behind the small bevel gears to tighten up the play between the gears. I have been running composites in my NT1 and with proper maintenance and careful building i have only had one small issue in a year. With the composite gears its better to apply a little more diff oil than not enough or they will strip out quicker.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

On the other hand many users suggest the NT1 2012 spec but it looks plastic.
All chassis have aluminum front and rear bulkheads and the NT1 plastc.
I am 100% confused!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

On the other hand many users suggest the NT1 2012 spec but it looks plastic.
All chassis have aluminum front and rear bulkheads and the NT1 plastc.
I am 100% confused!
I am not sure what the weight is on the Mugen but the Capricorn is the only light car with aluminum bulkheads, the next closest being the Shepard Velox V10. The perk to aluminum bulkheads and parts is longevity and maybe aesthetics but they NT1 with the plastics is just as good. I have been running the same plastics for awhile. As long as you don't crash or hit anything too hard you will be fine with the NT1. Remember aluminum pulleys and hop ups are heavier which means larger rotational mass which equals slower acceleration. The trick is to make weight in bulkheads (w aluminum) and lighten drive train parts up. I focus on weight here b/c in Jan 2013...legal limit drops to 1550grams which will play a major factor in performance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.