Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
So, I have what I assume is an original Nitro RS4.. >

So, I have what I assume is an original Nitro RS4..

So, I have what I assume is an original Nitro RS4..

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default So, I have what I assume is an original Nitro RS4..

I'm curious if these things are still selling? I know its an old vehicle which means parts are fairly hard to come by.. If I post some pictures do you think you guys could give me some idea of an asking price for it?

It doesn't run as far as I know, never tried to start it because I don't have a bump starter, also doesn't come with a radio, but other than that its all there (and much more).
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They will sell to those who still tinker with them, more of a hobby within the hobby. I have owned, maintained, and raced two HPI Rally's converted to on-roads (for the 200mm width) for over six years. Takes collecting rollers (complete and incomplete), scavenging parts, constant checks on auction sites for old stock upgrades/spares. I just recently got my hands on both an original RS4 (silver chassis, stock .12e engine) and shortly after, an RS4 2 with lots of upgrades and .15 O.S. engine. The originals I've seen sell for around 60-100 depending on overall condition and what it lacks to run. Pics help sell though
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Not worth much unless its never been run or new in box.

I remember when I was young, I was in awe as my neighbor ran his up and down the street. Totally stock, silver non countersunk chassis, can muffler, bronze bushings, .12E engine, and HPI 911 body. Was almost 15 years ago now that I think about it...
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Suspended

I WAS OVER HERE LOOKING FOR SOME ANSWERS AND COME ACROSS YOUR POSTING HERE ABOUT THE CAR, DID ANYONE EVER TELL YOU WHAT THE CAR WAS. CAUSE BEST I CAN TELL ITS NOT A RS4. AND IM CURIOUS ARE YOU GOING TO BE WILLING TO WORK WITH ME ON THIS IF IT TURNS OUT NOT BEING AN RS4 AS WE THINK, CAUSE I REALLY AM LOOKING FOR SOME PARTS FOR AN RS4 OR RS4 2 OR SUPER NITRO RS4. THE BOX REALLY THROWS YA OFF, AND ALL THE HPI PARTS AS WELL. IM HOPING ITS WHAT I THINK IT IS BUT I DONT KNOW
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

My brain hurts..