Community
Wiki Posts
Search

picco pipe and header problem plz help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default picco pipe and header problem plz help

ok so ive ran into a situation. ive been looking at a couple of pipes. i recently just put together a kyosho v one rrr shimo edition and just acquired a .12 picco jl tuned motor and ive been looking at a mip stinger or a picco tuned pipe, but ive seen a couple of people run the mip stinger out the back and then you see the side pipes. my ? is why do people run the mip stinger. is it that oil gets on the tires from the side exhaust??? ive had some people tell me that you can get your side exhaust ripped off in a race but i wouldnt think the mip stinger would be track legal but im a newbie so plz help clarify this. from my perspective if i ran the mip stinger it would be clean and not have the chance of getting ripped off but a picco side pipe would have more throttle response and give me a better powerband... please yall give me yalls thoughts i know ive been asking alot but as i get to the point that i want to race i want to know all i can..
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

if you are racing, it will be an exhaust tip coming from the side of the car.

picco 2651 would work well with the jlr
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

......The kyosho V1R utilizes a rear exhaust( understanding that the car has a rear xhaust motor )-this may sound confusing but nitro touring race cars such as your V1R[RR] has the pipe with the exhaust exiting out to the side.
.....I agree with R3voLuTiOn ; go with the tuned picco pipe.