Search

Byron Fuels World Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

51 more days!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Mike, how is everything? Curious about a couple of things.

The only flat chassis allowed would be the Ofna? So all the other conversions I've seen out there and even a brand that came with a new car are not allowed unless they pit a kick up chassis.

Only offroad motors?? A rally motor which has a big coolling head is considered offroad or onroad.

Hope to see you there
Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default GT2

we need to give mike a run for his money!don't think its going to be that easy this year. Even if you have a tire come off
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcmikel
GT racing has been based on offroad chassis cars. It started out as the Kyosho car which is based on their 7.5. We allowed the Ofna chassis even though it is flat because we were told that it was an offroad car with the kickup built into the front diff case. Letting flat chassis cars with no kickup is totally going away from what the class is about. If Team C has an offroad 1/8 scale then they should have based the GT car on that, if they don't have an offroad car they should have done some research on the class the way it has been ran in the USA. Team Serpent is coming out with there GT which is based on there offroad chassis and it has kickup, they even have it in the description of there car that it has the kickup to conform to GT rules. As far as convertions go it's great people are converting offroad cars to GT, but that includes using the chassis that comes with the car. If racers want to make flat chassis cars that's cool but it doesn't conform to the rules and are not allowed. I hope all understand.
How's it going Rino, everthing is great here. I haven't seen the Team C car in person yet, if it has some kind of kickup even if it's like the Ofna, it should be within the rules. If it has no kickup of any kind then it is not allowed. You know how much of an advantage a chassis with no kickup has over one with kickup. Buggy based chassis have kickup and this class is based on that. Maybe that will change in the future but not this year. Motors are offroad only, so if it is offroad and onroad like the rally game then it is not allowed. There are plenty of killer Novarossi offoad motors to choose from.

Last edited by rcmikel; 05-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djmorales
we need to give mike a run for his money!don't think its going to be that easy this year. Even if you have a tire come off
It's never easy Jose.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcmikel
How's it going Rino, everthing is great here. I haven't seen the Team C car in person yet, if it has some kind of kickup even if it's like the Ofna, it should be within the rules. If it has no kickup of any kind then it is not allowed. You know how much of an advantage a chassis with no kickup has over one with kickup. Buggy based chassis have kickup and this class is based on that. Maybe that will change in the future but not this year. Motors are offroad only, so if it is offroad and onroad like the rally game then it is not allowed. There are plenty of killer Novarossi offoad motors to choose from.
Mike, thanks for the reply, I agree with you on the kickup, The reason of my question regarding motors was more to see if I could run GT there, I have no offroad motors in my shelf, and dont know if want to get into that. Well I will see you anyway if I dont run GT I will run sedan for sure.
See you soon !!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rinolino
Mike, thanks for the reply, I agree with you on the kickup, The reason of my question regarding motors was more to see if I could run GT there, I have no offroad motors in my shelf, and dont know if want to get into that. Well I will see you anyway if I dont run GT I will run sedan for sure.
See you soon !!
Bring the Gt, I got my back up Nova P5 with pipe you can use.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Oh well, my friend Tony is racing this one, I will be there for sure !! Now that you mention it I have a P5, I hope is good enough.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

During prior years, what time does the event typically end on Sunday?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iwk2much
During prior years, what time does the event typically end on Sunday?

5 O'clock ish....
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Espo
5 O'clock ish....
Thanks. How far is Midway from the track?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks. How far is Midway from the track?

45 min / hour depending on what time and day.......
Old 05-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Espo
45 min / hour depending on what time and day.......
Thanks Tom

YLLIB - Chance it. My flight doesn't leave until 9 PM, I can drop you off curbside!!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Tom

YLLIB - Chance it. My flight doesn't leave until 9 PM, I can drop you off curbside!!

I GOT MY AIR TICKET JUST NOW......

Thank you
Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm curious, after reading this thread , I don't understand why the DM1 flat chassis is allowed at this race and other companies are not because of a flat chassis.That's like saying if another company made a wide rear tire , the Ipanema wide rear would be the only one allowed because it has been run. The DM1 has been allowed to race for years and now suddenly it's the only flat chassis allowed. Bad idea . If the DM1 is in , the other flat chassis cars should be too. If the others aren't allowed then the DM1 is out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.