Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Byron Fuels World Challenge >

Byron Fuels World Challenge

Byron Fuels World Challenge

Old 04-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmikel
I forgot to add that the ofna DM1 is allowed to run in GT even though it has a flat chassis.
ok i take the gtp and gtp2 chassis' are legal as well
Old 04-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com
Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kickup

I made a convertion from a buggy, but i do not have equipment to make the kickup, so is my car illegal?
?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

GT racing has been based on offroad chassis cars. It started out as the Kyosho car which is based on their 7.5. We allowed the Ofna chassis even though it is flat because we were told that it was an offroad car with the kickup built into the front diff case. Letting flat chassis cars with no kickup is totally going away from what the class is about. If Team C has an offroad 1/8 scale then they should have based the GT car on that, if they don't have an offroad car they should have done some research on the class the way it has been ran in the USA. Team Serpent is coming out with there GT which is based on there offroad chassis and it has kickup, they even have it in the description of there car that it has the kickup to conform to GT rules. As far as convertions go it's great people are converting offroad cars to GT, but that includes using the chassis that comes with the car. If racers want to make flat chassis cars that's cool but it doesn't conform to the rules and are not allowed. I hope all understand.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you Chris for the link
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Leisure Hours Raceway
2800 Schweitzer Road
Joliet, IL 60435
Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm finally going to make this race!!!

Looking forward to it.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

I have a few questions about this coming race schedule:

What time will the track be open on Friday, June 22nd?
When will the race be posted on RCSignup, or will it?
Does the local hobby shop sell VP Powermaster 25% fuel?
What hours will the hobby shop be open Friday, Sat, Sun?
What time do you expect the racing to end on Sunday?
Can we ship stuff to the local hobby shop? If so what do they suggest?

I'm planning on flying in early Friday and leaving late Sunday. I'm also trying to limit the amount of stuff I have to pack. Really looking forward to this race and meeting new GT racers. Thanks for you help in advance.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

GT racing has been based on offroad chassis cars. It started out as the Kyosho car which is based on their 7.5. We allowed the Ofna chassis even though it is flat because we were told that it was an offroad car with the kickup built into the front diff case. Letting flat chassis cars with no kickup is totally going away from what the class is about. If Team C has an offroad 1/8 scale then they should have based the GT car on that, if they don't have an offroad car they should have done some research on the class the way it has been ran in the USA. Team Serpent is coming out with there GT which is based on there offroad chassis and it has kickup, they even have it in the description of there car that it has the kickup to conform to GT rules. As far as convertions go it's great people are converting offroad cars to GT, but that includes using the chassis that comes with the car. If racers want to make flat chassis cars that's cool but it doesn't conform to the rules and are not allowed. I hope all understand.
so i take this then that none of the ofna gtp gtp2 chassis' are legal because they are flat ....................

ok the closest big race of the year and i wont be running ..............thankyou
Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by azeroth
so i take this then that none of the ofna gtp gtp2 chassis' are legal because they are flat ....................

ok the closest big race of the year and i wont be running ..............thankyou
Like I said in my post, we have allowed the Ofna cars to run GT at our track. They will be allowed at the Byron race. I'm not sure of the direction the GT class is going so we will see in the future about the flat chassis issue. I hope you come and race your cars at the Byron race, it should have a very good turnout.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

thankyou for the clairification hope to see you there
Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike,

Is Byron's going to do their money challenge with GT like they do with the other classes as far as using their fuel and podiuming in the A-main?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

Chaderick, the track will be open on Friday from 12 noon to 8. Don't think there will be rcsignup, just sign up when you come to race. We do carry VP 25% and of coarse Byrons. The hobby shop at the track is open whenever the track is open, our main shop is open from 10:30 to 9 on Fri. 10 to 6:30 on Sat. and 10:30 to 5 on Sun. Last year racing was over about 7. The hobby shop doesn't take shipments from racers, but i will check to see if you can send things to the track.

Juan, they will be paying out contingency for the GT class just like the other classes. You must be using Byron fuel of coarse and fill out the proper paper work before the race.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Mike!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Chaderick, the track will be open on Friday from 12 noon to 8. Don't think there will be rcsignup, just sign up when you come to race. We do carry VP 25% and of coarse Byrons. The hobby shop at the track is open whenever the track is open, our main shop is open from 10:30 to 9 on Fri. 10 to 6:30 on Sat. and 10:30 to 5 on Sun. Last year racing was over about 7. The hobby shop doesn't take shipments from racers, but i will check to see if you can send things to the track.

Juan, they will be paying out contingency for the GT class just like the other classes. You must be using Byron fuel of coarse and fill out the proper paper work before the race.
I am still waiting for my check from last year, used Byron fuel since 1st Byron race and did filled out the form, but no check...I might missed something that no one had told me. oh well....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.