Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
No lie... whatever was in it when it came out of the box... keep in mind traction and the track play a big part of what I put up front on my 1/10th scale... I always run a diff at TZ... But if I was at a track with insane grip (1/10 scale)...I would consider a solid axle...what are you running?
Well, in my Inferno GT I ran 10k in the rear with 60K in the front. Tried out 150k in the front, was great for more sweeping tracks.

In the Team C GT8L I've done the kit setup, which was 5k rear 10k front. I did 80k front 20k rear. Right now it's at 20k front 10k rear. Thinking about trying 150k front 40-50k rear.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
thats why you suck love ya big guy
So pudwaker, what did you put in yours?... I mean did Dana put in yours
Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply, everyone!

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
I know that the JP4 is quieter than the JP3. Plus the JP4 has better run times. Its very possible that the LRP .30 is an inherently loud engine. I've never personally ran it, maybe somebody who has can chime in on this one?
Thats seems to be the case.

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Remember this pipe was designed first for a .21 buggy motor with the aim being great fuel economy, very very smooth or linear throttle response with decent power across the usable rpm range. All of these pipes work with the SOUND pressure wave produced by the engine. So at this point based on displacement you are out of the ball park that the resonance of the pipe was designed around.
Originally Posted by bassman2
If you run a rubber deflector on your JP4 THEN the sound becomes very loud regardless whether you use an INS-box or not. So if you want to reduce the noise from your pipe then run a inx-box without a deflector on your pipe.
even after taking off the deflector, the engine is still particularly loud.

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Vex , I'm afraid that engine IS just loud. I've been around a number of them and it is one of the loudest engines ever.
Your right! this thing IS just damn loud. I really didnt wanna have to give up the power this engine has, but it seems i might be a new werks b5 or b6 owner.

having said that, how would the b5 or b6 work with the ofna jp4 pipe? should I just pick up the werks pipe and header too?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

So pudwaker, what did you put in yours?... I mean did Dana put in yours
Dana hasn't touched my car thats why it is so FAST 300k front 20k rear
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
Sorry to have to re-ask this but i think my post about the subject got lost in the previous page.

1. does anyone have any experience with those fioroni clutch system? in particular, the one with a propeller design
VexVegaz, did you end up trying one of the clutches? I have one, but haven't had much luck finding a clutch-bell that works with it and I can still use the Kyosho pinions. Thanks for any opinions.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

We have a couple of electric guys here that want to spank the nitro Gts with some electric conversions. I don't want to get into the electric rules right now , but I'm curious to see how they do.
We have one that runs with the nitro cars in Lincoln. I had a great race with him last year. Sydor ran away but our race was very good. His battery was really warm after running, and he pushed me hard into the turn's as I was at a weight disadvantage. Also acceleration out of the corner was very good.

Having to only stop once in 30 min was also pretty good.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mcsquish
VexVegaz, did you end up trying one of the clutches? I have one, but haven't had much luck finding a clutch-bell that works with it and I can still use the Kyosho pinions. Thanks for any opinions.
i picked up the fioroni vario four shoe clutch. to get it to fit and have the kyosho bell lined up, i had to put 3 x 1mm ofna shim between the engine and the collete.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
Your right! this thing IS just damn loud. I really didnt wanna have to give up the power this engine has, but it seems i might be a new werks b5 or b6 owner.

having said that, how would the b5 or b6 work with the ofna jp4 pipe? should I just pick up the werks pipe and header too?
They will work with the JP4. However, Werks engines really open up when you put one of the Werks pipes behind them.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Breaking in the engine for Timezone. Did I mention how bad I hate cheap engines. They don't idle well, temps are all over the place. weak power, and they are butt ugly.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Breaking in the engine for Timezone. Did I mention how bad I hate cheap engines. They don't idle well, temps are all over the place. weak power, and they are butt ugly.
What engine is that?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Cry Baby! ....
.... I will be in SLC at the end of the month... get it broke in before i get there..
Old 05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Cry Baby! ....
.... I will be in SLC at the end of the month... get it broke in before i get there..
He is. I know what engine he has, and it's not a 'cheap' engine in as far as quality terms. He's just >><<

Hahaha

Hells yeah! Come out and race!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Oh...Oh....

That got my attention...........Clete's coming to play !!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up SLC and World Super Bike

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Oh...Oh....

That got my attention...........Clete's coming to play !!!!
Thats right Bitches!..
I will bring my stuff just in case we can run a few laps.... If not, maybe we can all get together at the shop and bench race a bit...... The GT8 Rules should be out, the new Serpant Cobra... we can trade some ideas on set up.. what worked, what didnt, and what do we do next!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thats right Bitches!..
I will bring my stuff just in case we can run a few laps.... If not, maybe we can all get together at the shop and bench race a bit...... The GT8 Rules should be out, the new Serpant Cobra... we can trade some ideas on set up.. what worked, what didnt, and what do we do next!
Pppssshhhhh. Utah is Team C country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.