Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chaderick
To all the GT8 racers that are watching and reading this forum. I have been reading this forum and many like it over the past year and a half concerning GT racing. I choose to not mention any names as to not start any further fireworks. What I have found is that retaliating against a certain person or his or her negative posts only steers us off course and delays the progress. This may be the reason we are still talking about the issues we are with GT racing and the lack of a set of national agreed upon rules. Lets all stay focused and when a post is disruptive, negative, or simply a biased opinion, let's ignore it and move on to the positive discussions we have been having to that point. I have read nothing but positive feedback and suggestions up untill a day or so ago. I hope the best for all manufacturers that support GT racing. Without them the technology, competitive pricing, and support would be lost. We all have our opinions, but at the end of the day it is just that, "your personal opinion" "Brand Wars" accusations comes up alot but what I see is a bunch of GT racers expressing their personal opinons. Often times the popularity of a product is simply based on local support and what is the latest trend in a certain area. That being said it doesn't necessarily make them a better product. Let's all get along and steer this thread to moving forward with positive results like I belive it was intended for. I back the board members and look forward to much needed progress in this class.
Well said!

So how does everybody feel about using traction compounds on the GT8 cars?

I'm thinking not so much. Just that way it'll keep the costs down a tad more by not having to run some kind of compound to stay competitive and your tires will last longer without it too!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
I could be wrong but i think he ment tracks specifying a certain rubber compound. I'm ASSuming...
The mention of no traction compounds was copied from our 2012 GT Worlds event rules. After the "saucegate" situation at the Imar Worlds at Homestead, it seemed it needed to be spelled out in writing.

With all the fun of bragging rights about tires this or that, there shouldn't be any chemicals added into the mix.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
Well said!

So how does everybody feel about using traction compounds on the GT8 cars?

I'm thinking not so much. Just that way it'll keep the costs down a tad more by not having to run some kind of compound to stay competitive and your tires will last longer without it too!

I can get with that, and on that note. When you guys say any rubber tire. Are you talking about any rubber tire everyone can buy, or can those out there fortunate enough run rubber tires no one else can get?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone for 1/10th scale sedan ??

Jacko
Old 04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robudda723
I can get with that, and on that note. When you guys say any rubber tire. Are you talking about any rubber tire everyone can buy, or can those out there fortunate enough run rubber tires no one else can get?
Hmmm. That is kind of a grey area there. I would assume that the only people who could get the "special" tires would be guys that were sponsored by a tire manufacturer. So they would be running in the Pro class, and I would hate to take away R&D from the people that produce our GT8 products. So I would probably vote to allow them. Because after the pro guys test them, then they would be for sale for the rest of us.

But realistically the performance advantage from rubber x to rubber y wouldn't be a huge gap like the advantage from foam to rubber.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hmmm. That is kind of a grey area there. I would assume that the only people who could get the "special" tires would be guys that were sponsored by a tire manufacturer. So they would be running in the Pro class, and I would hate to take away R&D from the people that produce our GT8 products. So I would probably vote to allow them. Because after the pro guys test them, then they would be for sale for the rest of us.

But realistically the performance advantage from rubber x to rubber y wouldn't be a huge gap like the advantage from foam to rubber.

That makes sense. I like that thought process.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Anyone for 1/10th scale sedan ??

Jacko
shut up jakcko!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

As far as sauce goes it is legal. This is covered under general tire rules in the roar rule book. I bring this up because it seems a large number of this group want to see this class progress to a legitimate class with regional and national races. The more current standing roar rules the GT8 racers adopt the easier it will be for roar to give the class an exhibition status.
While your there looking at the rule book might i suggest looking at the rules for buggy and truggy. A large portion of the detailed specs could be adopted.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
As far as sauce goes it is legal. This is covered under general tire rules in the roar rule book. I bring this up because it seems a large number of this group want to see this class progress to a legitimate class with regional and national races. The more current standing roar rules the GT8 racers adopt the easier it will be for roar to give the class an exhibition status.
While your there looking at the rule book might i suggest looking at the rules for buggy and truggy. A large portion of the detailed specs could be adopted.
YEP... Good Idea! ..
Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tire sauce can be interpreted to mean something as simple as alcohol to clean the tire dirt off or simple green cleaner that does give a bit of grip. No sauce is a miracle worker and I don't see it hurting the racing process. If it works , everyone will be using it. Foam tires are a different story.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Both are really good engines, the .30 might have a hard time at many races due to max displacments usually being up to .28's. With that said, the Werks B5 has proven to be a very good selection for most all track racing rules.

Good luck!
LRP .30's are pretty ballistic. Not enough rpm up top imo. The werks B5 is a pretty giggly fast mill for $200. Very good run times. Consistent 10+ min on a tank.
Thanks guys, one thing about the lrp is its ability to be tuned very easily. how is the werks b5 in that department?

Also, anyone have any experience with those fioroni clutch system, im thinking of picking one up.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hard-Anodized

this one in particular.

Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default EMail to THE BOARD...

EMail to THE BOARD... is out.. good luck!
I can't wait to see what they come up with.... Look at the logo's guys...
If you get one picked... or another cool design.. maybe I will have a suprise at the TZ GP for the GT8 guys.. Jacko.... none for you.. 1/10 scale.. shit stirrer
Old 04-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
.... Look at the logo's guys...
If you get one picked... or another cool design.. :
I've got my choice and got to say your choice in colors is PERFECT!!!!

If I can get your permision, I would like to try and have a few decals made prior to the Fireball race, which is the start of the Heart of America Series.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

if u guys need any additional graphics let me know, i created the flyer for the sweeps GT8 race last season

Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I've got my choice and got to say your choice in colors is PERFECT!!!!

If I can get your permision, I would like to try and have a few decals made prior to the Fireball race, which is the start of the Heart of America Series.
share your choice and I will get the vector files from Tony.. you will need those..
Cost.. you owe me a sticker!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.