Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Jspeed
I agree with nothing clete, because you have yet to show what you feel is wrong with many of the existing rules for GT around the world.

Show details of rules you percieve as wrong and why you and your new "board" feel that way about them.

Then maybe we can agree on something.
Why is it always having to prove something.......'rules' have been hatched....they were just never adopted by a governing body with nifty logos I can wear on my hat. I got close 1 time, I had to join ROAR to race in Las Vegas before some evil forces of the dark side ruined that. I miss being able to honor Ron Paris by attending his Memorial Race at the Silverbowl.

The problem with the rules as presently constituted is that they need a formal home base and safe keeping with a big 'group hug'......with a nifty logo.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

I agree with nothing clete, because you have yet to show what you feel is wrong with many of the existing rules for GT around the world.

Show details of rules you percieve as wrong and why you and your new "board" feel that way about them.

Then maybe we can agree on something.
I didnt say anything was wrong with the rules...But I thought if we all played by the same rules as a group we would have more races, more people wanting to race with us, and more FUN...

Speaking of LOGO's.... I got a few for us to look at... Talk to a buddy who is a graffic artist.. Cool stuff... he sent me a few for us to play with...
I will share them soon... keep in mind these logos will be a quality that can be used on letter head OR on a BANNER the size of a building..
Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

gt8_idea_sketchboard.pdf

Check them out!... This are renderings... but kinda cool Huh?
What do you guys like and what/how would you improve them..
Feel free to post one of your own...
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

.........\GT8\>
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Clete--those are some nice logos.

Self edited post. Rather stay on track.

Last edited by Robudda723; 04-25-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
I didnt say anything was wrong with the rules...But I thought if we all played by the same rules as a group we would have more races, more people wanting to race with us, and more FUN.....
None of you have shown what differences exist right now in the different regions and have yet to disprove how your new “board members” can be unbiased due to their known brand affiliations that can shape your views & prospective new legislations you wish to impose across America.

Exactly what do you & your "members" find unfair with these long existing GT class rules?

GT Open Class Rules:
1. Chassis: Any "Brand" 1/8 Buggy/Truggy Based Shaft-Driven cars or Off-Road GT conversions. (Belt-Drive chassis are not permitted)
2. Engines: Any size Nitro engine up to .28 are permitted.
3. Clutch: Only Non-Adjustable buggy based 2, 3 or 4 shoe systems. ("Adjustable, Centax Style" type clutch is not permitted)
4. Body: Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body, must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1. The engine’s cooling head fins can not be exposed from top or sides of body. Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)
5. Tires: Only commercially available Rubber tires. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (Foam tires are not permitted) Liquid traction additives or rubber enhancment chemicals are NOT permitted during this event.
6. Fuel Capacity: All cars can only have 1 fuel tank with a maximum tank capacity of 150cc.

GT Spec Class Rules:
1. Chassis: Any "Brand" 1/8 Buggy/Truggy Based Shaft-Driven cars or Off-Road GT conversions. (Belt-Drive chassis and/or Carbon Fiber Lower Chassis are not permitted.)
2. Minimum Dry Chassis With Body Weight is 3500 Grams.
3. Engine: Only .21 to .28 sized nitro engines with a retail price of no more than $200usd are permitted. All Spec engine internals must remain “100% un-modified factory stock”. “Pull-Start” assemblies may be removed for starter box use.
4. Clutch: Only Non-Adjustable buggy based 2, 3 or 4 shoe systems. ("Adjustable, Centax Style" type clutch are not permitted)
5. Body: Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body, must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1. The engine’s cooling head fins can not be exposed from top or sides of body. Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)
6. Tires: Any commercially available Rubber tires are permitted. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (Foam tires are not permitted) Liquid traction additives or rubber enhancment chemicals are NOT permitted during this event.
7. Diffs: Standard Gear Diffs Only. (NO "One-Way", "Spool", "TCD" type diffs are not permitted in GT Spec)
8. Fuel Capacity: All cars can only have 1 fuel tank with a maximum tank capacity of 150cc. Fuel Guns are not permitted.

Clete, lets have an open conversation about these rules above. Please include your new "board members" and maybe some thing good will become of all this.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

None of you have shown what differences exist right now in the different regions and have yet to disprove how your new “board members” can be unbiased due to their known brand affiliations that can shape your views & prospective new legislations you wish to impose across America.

Exactly what do you & your "members" find unfair with these long existing GT class rules?

GT Open Class Rules:
1. Chassis: Any "Brand" 1/8 Buggy/Truggy Based Shaft-Driven cars or Off-Road GT conversions. (Belt-Drive chassis are not permitted)
3. Clutch: Only Non-Adjustable buggy based 2, 3 or 4 shoe systems. ("Adjustable, Centax Style" type clutch is not permitted)
4. Body: Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body, must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1. The engine’s cooling head fins can not be exposed from top or sides of body. Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)
5. Tires: Only commercially available Rubber tires. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (Foam tires are not permitted) Liquid traction additives or rubber enhancment chemicals are NOT permitted during this event.
6. Fuel Capacity: All cars can only have 1 fuel tank with a maximum tank capacity of 150cc.

GT Spec Class Rules:
1. Chassis: Any "Brand" 1/8 Buggy/Truggy Based Shaft-Driven cars or Off-Road GT conversions. (Belt-Drive chassis and/or Carbon Fiber Lower Chassis are not permitted.)
3. Engine: Only .21 to .28 sized nitro engines with a retail price of no more than $200usd are permitted. All Spec engine internals must remain “100% un-modified factory stock”. “Pull-Start” assemblies may be removed for starter box use.
4. Clutch: Only Non-Adjustable buggy based 2, 3 or 4 shoe systems. ("Adjustable, Centax Style" type clutch are not permitted)
5. Body: Any commercially available “GT” racecar style/type body, must look like a car that could actually be driven on the street with a passenger in real life or 1:1. The engine’s cooling head fins can not be exposed from top or sides of body. Rear wing and/or spoiler/flap must be attached to the actual body. (No chassis mounted or “Buggy/Truggy” type wing mounts)
6. Tires: Any commercially available Rubber tires are permitted. Tires must fit under car’s body from over-head view. Adding “fender-flairs” on body to increase tire coverage is not allowed. (Foam tires are not permitted) Liquid traction additives or rubber enhancment chemicals are NOT permitted during this event.
7. Diffs: Standard Gear Diffs Only. (NO "One-Way", "Spool", "TCD" type diffs are not permitted in GT Spec)
8. Fuel Capacity: All cars can only have 1 fuel tank with a maximum tank capacity of 150cc. Fuel Guns are not permitted.

Clete, lets have an open conversation about these rules above. Please include your new "board members" and maybe some thing good will become of all this.
I'm sorry Jeff... The board has been picked by the racers and for the racers and the rules are being compiled. some of these rule will be adopted, I am sure... .. Keep in mind that since you are a manufacturer you are not allowed to be part of the board... Again Good Luck...see you at the races.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

GT Open Class Rules:

GT Spec Class Rules:

Oh condescending Jeff. Not that it's unfair. Most people just feel that the split between open and spec is nill, so it would be more beneficial for the class to grow by combining the classes and rules.

Engines- .21-.28 any
Pipe- Any
Clutch- Non adjustable, no centax.
Body- No lola bodies, must cover tires, no fender flares, body mounted wing.
Drive- No belt drives, only shaft driven buggy/truggy/GT specific chassis.
Fuel- 150cc max, 1 tank
Weight- 3500 Grams min weight
Tires- Any rubber tire I vote also no trac compounds
Diff- Standard gear diffs only, no tcd/one way/spool
No electrical driver aids D-Boxes etc.

Then split the classes by sportsman and pro, and possibly a novice if there is enough entrants or that would benefit your local club. With no sponsored drivers in sportsman.

Did I miss anything guys?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
Oh condescending Jeff. Not that it's unfair. Most people just feel that the split between open and spec is nill, so it would be more beneficial for the class to grow by combining the classes and rules.

Engines- .21-.28 any
Pipe- Any
Fuel- 150cc max, 1 tank

Then split the classes by sportsman and pro, and possibly a novice if there is enough entrants or that would benefit your local club. With no sponsored drivers in sportsman.

What exactly are trac compounds?
Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
I'm sorry Jeff... The board has been picked by the racers and for the racers and the rules are being compiled. some of these rule will be adopted, I am sure... .. Keep in mind that since you are a manufacturer you are not allowed to be part of the board... Again Good Luck...see you at the races.
Nice way to hide the fact that the majority of your “board members” are indeed represent one manufacturer in particular anyway. So, who are the nonbias “members” of your group?

Look at the rules posted above again; find where there is any bias towards or against any manufacturer’s GT products.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robudda723
Guess I shouldn't have abbreviated that. Paragon, jack the gripper, etc.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C-Trickle

Engines- .21-.28 any
Pipe- Any
Fuel- 150cc max, 1 tank

So, pick a class, spec or open or some thing inbetween.
Be careful, it gets tricky, lol
Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

To all the GT8 racers that are watching and reading this forum. I have been reading this forum and many like it over the past year and a half concerning GT racing. I choose to not mention any names as to not start any further fireworks. What I have found is that retaliating against a certain person or his or her negative posts only steers us off course and delays the progress. This may be the reason we are still talking about the issues we are with GT racing and the lack of a set of national agreed upon rules. Lets all stay focused and when a post is disruptive, negative, or simply a biased opinion, let's ignore it and move on to the positive discussions we have been having to that point. I have read nothing but positive feedback and suggestions up untill a day or so ago. I hope the best for all manufacturers that support GT racing. Without them the technology, competitive pricing, and support would be lost. We all have our opinions, but at the end of the day it is just that, "your personal opinion" "Brand Wars" accusations comes up alot but what I see is a bunch of GT racers expressing their personal opinons. Often times the popularity of a product is simply based on local support and what is the latest trend in a certain area. That being said it doesn't necessarily make them a better product. Let's all get along and steer this thread to moving forward with positive results like I belive it was intended for. I back the board members and look forward to much needed progress in this class.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Ahh traction compound. I was thinking some special made tire for the track that no one else can get... Doh
Old 04-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robudda723
I could be wrong but i think he ment tracks specifying a certain rubber compound. I'm ASSuming...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.