Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing >

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Old 04-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Alright .. cut the shit.. and let Jeff be....
this is the reason he got the other thread shut down... lets move on and continue at a productive pace!
I getting all the email address from the members and we are almost done... let's not fall apart because of one person...
Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike, glad to have you in on this. I think perhaps the electric racers should discuss their own take on things. I have been to a number of big races that invited the electric GTs, but have yet to see one on the track. We are concentrating on the nitro end of this because that is what we all race. We don't want to exclude anyone, but electric needs to set their own rules.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
this is the reason he got the other thread shut down... lets move on and continue at a productive pace!
I getting all the email address from the members and we are almost done... let's not fall apart because of one person...
Agreed, just let him go chase butterflies in left field.

I'm really excited for some progression in the GT8 class and community as a whole!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

......\\>
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

On the members of the board...
Clete,
I shouldn’t have to pm you to begin with.

Most of us who have been working together for years to grow this class to where it is right now all know each other and speak frequently about how to keep it balanced & fair for everyone.

Here’s an example…. Spooky (who has been involved on race organizing in Utah for several years) has been expressing his feelings on weight restrictions for our “Spec” class GT Only racing at events.

It just took a quick call to hear his views, relay them to long time GT racers and the minimum 3500 grams weight was agreed upon by fair & long time members of the international GT racing community who have attended our events.

As far as your approach of new “board members”, which is indeed loaded with individuals, that must try to protect the brands they are affiliated with or actually sell, with new legislations negatively aimed towards any brands or products they do not sell or have any affiliations with.

Like I have posted many times before, instead of open attacks against anyone personally, a better or more fair and respecting way of going about all this, would be to actually post some of the existing GT class rules in question and try to discuss what you feel could be made better and why.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Like I have posted many times before, instead of open attacks against anyone personally, a better or more fair and respecting way of going about all this, would be to actually post some of the existing GT class rules in question and try to discuss what you feel could be made better and why. [/QUOTE]

GREAT! So you agree.... Awsome, thanks for the support of the forum and what we are trying to accomplish... We look forward to seeing you at the races!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

By the way… I didn’t get your last thread shut down, get the facts straight.

The moderators shut it down because of the complaints against it.
If people can actually remain civil, your new thread could have a positive impact on GT racing too.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You are all correct Clete. It was un productive on my part to fuel the fire. I apologize this is a good thread and want to see it thrive. You are on the right track with GT8.

Rob
Old 04-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with nothing clete, because you have yet to show what you feel is wrong with many of the existing rules for GT around the world.

Show details of rules you percieve as wrong and why you and your new "board" feel that way about them.

Then maybe we can agree on something.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

So i picked up a lrp .30 converted to a non-pull start about two weeks. After breaking in, the power this engine provide is evident. MY concern though, has to do with its fuel consumption. how would a werks b5 compare to to this lrp?

Thanks guys
Old 04-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robudda723
It was un productive on my part to fuel the fire. I apologize....

Rob
Then maybe you should show good faith and delete you offensive and negative post. just sayin...
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
So i picked up a lrp .30 converted to a non-pull start about two weeks. After breaking in, the power this engine provide is evident. MY concern though, has to do with its fuel consumption. how would a werks b5 compare to to this lrp?

Thanks guys
Both are really good engines, the .30 might have a hard time at many races due to max displacments usually being up to .28's. With that said, the Werks B5 has proven to be a very good selection for most all track racing rules.

Good luck!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by VexVegaz

Thanks guys

LRP .30's are pretty ballistic. Not enough rpm up top imo. The werks B5 is a pretty giggly fast mill for $200. Very good run times. Consistent 10+ min on a tank.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
I agree with nothing clete, because you have yet to show what you feel is wrong with many of the existing rules for GT around the world.

Show details of rules you percieve as wrong and why you and your new "board" feel that way about them.

Then maybe we can agree on something.
Jeff, if you have watched this thread unfold as you say you have, then you would know what rules everybody who has put in input would like to see. The existing rules are specific to a certain region or club. We are attempting to UNIFY the GT8 class. So that no matter if you're racing at the track that is 5 min from your house or across the country, the rules are the same.

Many of us feel that instead of trying to split the classes by open and spec, that it would be more beneficial to run the GT8 class more like the established nitro classes. With sportsman/pro and a novice class if the entrants are enough.

Instead of bashing the "board", lets be productive with this. No personal attacks, yeah?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Robudda723
You are all correct Clete. It was un productive on my part to fuel the fire. I apologize this is a good thread and want to see it thrive. You are on the right track with GT8.

Rob
no worries... Let's not one person undo GT8 class as whole...

To the board...
Please make sure I have all your contact information. I will email everyone with the basic rules format that has been discussed as nation with in this forum..

As National GT8 format is unified I will have them posted here, so stay tuned... ... great job to all of you that have taken the time to voice a constructive opinion and to all them nominees... This shows that your pears hold you in high regard! ... Come on ROAR and IFMAR... take our group on as a legitimate class!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.