Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
on road nitro a dying breed? >

on road nitro a dying breed?

on road nitro a dying breed?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blis
I have a passion for all things RC, planes, yachts, cars and so on. Nitro Onroad isnt dying, it's getting better all the time. If you want to account for numbers, then perhaps it may be misrepresented but for the most part, if you have a desire to enjoy ultimate internal combustion engine performance, 40-50,000 rpm is where its at.

If you have a passion for motor racing, tuning, physics, etc, a modern on road chassis has evolved dramatically over the last decade and it's better value more so now than ever before.

The challenge is to configure the whole package into a manageable car and convert that energy into motion.

For anyone who loves the smell of racing fuel, the sound of a high performance engine revving at twice the RPM of a F1 car, then one would expect it to be expensive at that level. Add to it a class that allows for endurance racing that involves strategy, self control, skill and experience, a world spec 1:10 tourer or 1:8 is the ultimate in power and performance.

I'm not going to compare it with other forms of RC racing as there isnt anything that comes close imho. Don't be fooled into thinking you can buy the best car and engine and blow the doors off the competition. The top drivers are down into the tenths, if not hundredths of seconds between them. Money wont buy you the win anymore, skill, persistence, talent and experience is what gets you there.

For any father that has young teenage boys, it's the best format for a team. Dad's get to be the pitman and engineer, we share countless hours of quality time together and it's a great place to enjoy learning. Whether it's centrifugal forces, metallurgy, maths, ratios, composite materials and general mechanics, theres a LOT of value in that which one cant teach their kids because the teacher said you need to learn it.

As for those who pose the question why so many people move away from Nitro Onroad, there are a lot of factors, sure it's expensive, but so is RC as a whole if you want to compare it to playing with a frisbee.

So if nitro on-road is dead for you, so be it, but for many of us around the world, it's alive, it's faster than ever and the quality of the chassis, engines and equipment overall is certainly worth the investment if you can afford it.

Please, dont be fooled or mislead by anyone using the word CHEAP in the same sentence where the subject is RC or racing.

h
Great post..
Old 04-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

I have a passion for all things RC, planes, yachts, cars and so on. Nitro Onroad isnt dying, it's getting better all the time. If you want to account for numbers, then perhaps it may be misrepresented but for the most part, if you have a desire to enjoy ultimate internal combustion engine performance, 40-50,000 rpm is where its at.

If you have a passion for motor racing, tuning, physics, etc, a modern on road chassis has evolved dramatically over the last decade and it's better value more so now than ever before.

The challenge is to configure the whole package into a manageable car and convert that energy into motion.

For anyone who loves the smell of racing fuel, the sound of a high performance engine revving at twice the RPM of a F1 car, then one would expect it to be expensive at that level. Add to it a class that allows for endurance racing that involves strategy, self control, skill and experience, a world spec 1:10 tourer or 1:8 is the ultimate in power and performance.

I'm not going to compare it with other forms of RC racing as there isnt anything that comes close imho. Don't be fooled into thinking you can buy the best car and engine and blow the doors off the competition. The top drivers are down into the tenths, if not hundredths of seconds between them. Money wont buy you the win anymore, skill, persistence, talent and experience is what gets you there.

For any father that has young teenage boys, it's the best format for a team. Dad's get to be the pitman and engineer, we share countless hours of quality time together and it's a great place to enjoy learning. Whether it's centrifugal forces, metallurgy, maths, ratios, composite materials and general mechanics, theres a LOT of value in that which one cant teach their kids because the teacher said you need to learn it.

As for those who pose the question why so many people move away from Nitro Onroad, there are a lot of factors, sure it's expensive, but so is RC as a whole if you want to compare it to playing with a frisbee.

So if nitro on-road is dead for you, so be it, but for many of us around the world, it's alive, it's faster than ever and the quality of the chassis, engines and equipment overall is certainly worth the investment if you can afford it.

Please, dont be fooled or mislead by anyone using the word CHEAP in the same sentence where the subject is RC or racing.

h

I started to trim this quote down to save some space, but decided no.....it needs to be read in total again and again. This sums up exactly everything I wanted to say but didn't have the time to type. I very much agree.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Agreed.... Nothing compares to the feel of a well set up nitro onroad car.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

h

Very well said!!! Agreed indeed!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

h
I agree 100%
Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Wow!!

h
I elect Blis for R/C On Road Nitro President!!

Beautifully said Sir, and that's why I love nitro on road so much!!
Nothing compares to the satisfaction when it all comes together for a Win!! If it were easy everyone would do it.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

+ 1
Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 PM
KLM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Agreed 100%!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up bravo

message well here to this nitro gt2er
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

A great read and well worded post,its good to see such passion.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the great feedback, it's easy to write when it's true...

Something for those who know what I mean to enjoy.. Even if it's a rained out event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiSAjECZ0X0
Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

h
I`m quoting it again.

I have the same passion, The final cut vid from you Blis is where everyone can/could see what you mean. Very well said.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Initiate

great post, sir! i totally agree with you. i have been taking out my nitro onroad to local parking lots and letting it rip every day for the past week. with many on lookers with curious eyes. im hoping to bring onroad nitro back into my town.

it might be a bit expensive and time consuming with all the maintenance(and money) required to keep the rc car in top shape. but it is truly rewarding when you do all the wrenching yourself and be able to turn heads when your rc car tears up the parking lot at 60+mph.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donnie707
great post, sir! i totally agree with you. i have been taking out my nitro onroad to local parking lots and letting it rip every day for the past week. with many on lookers with curious eyes. im hoping to bring onroad nitro back into my town.

it might be a bit expensive and time consuming with all the maintenance(and money) required to keep the rc car in top shape. but it is truly rewarding when you do all the wrenching yourself and be able to turn heads when your rc car tears up the parking lot at 60+mph.
Hi by just looking at your ID, just curious if you are resding in vallejo and surroundings? If so, have you ever visited "Vallejo RC" with Manny? He is a great guy to talk to if you are interested to bring nitro back.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by xxx123
Hi by just looking at your ID, just curious if you are resding in vallejo and surroundings? If so, have you ever visited "Vallejo RC" with Manny? He is a great guy to talk to if you are interested to bring nitro back.
yes sir. im in fairfield area. i usually go to hobbytown usa in vacaville but those guys are only into off road and says that onroad is dead(hence why i brought up this topic). but i will definately check out vallejo rc. thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.