Community
Wiki Posts
Search

on road nitro a dying breed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I concur, well said. I think the GT class is just the ticket to bring some new blood to the nitro on-road scene.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donnie707
yes sir. im in fairfield area. i usually go to hobbytown usa in vacaville but those guys are only into off road and says that onroad is dead(hence why i brought up this topic). but i will definately check out vallejo rc. thanks!
Hi, Vallejo RC is closed. I know the owners. The track is still there (in Vallejo) but abandoned. If you want to discuss about a possible reborn or re-organize some on road activities in Vallejo/Fairfield. You can still contact him via rcracing.com
I am sure some people at NoCal RC has some info about the VRC -Mr Manny. Or PM me if you are deeply interested.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donnie707
great post, sir! i totally agree with you. i have been taking out my nitro onroad to local parking lots and letting it rip every day for the past week. with many on lookers with curious eyes. im hoping to bring onroad nitro back into my town.

it might be a bit expensive and time consuming with all the maintenance(and money) required to keep the rc car in top shape. but it is truly rewarding when you do all the wrenching yourself and be able to turn heads when your rc car tears up the parking lot at 60+mph.
I dont want to open another can of worms to debate. On road is not dead on the "competition level"; but could be dying on basher level in regards to the comments from your local hobby shop. Go check out NorCal (union city) their on road scene. Next time, when you are up here in Sacramento to check out Sacramento RC Raceway, just come here early to swing by 'Speedworld Raceway" in Roseville. This is another great facilty to race on road cars. Then, you know we have great places.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxx123
I dont want to open another can of worms to debate. On road is not dead on the "competition level"; but could be dying on basher level in regards to the comments from your local hobby shop. Go check out NorCal (union city) their on road scene. Next time, when you are up here in Sacramento to check out Sacramento RC Raceway, just come here early to swing by 'Speedworld Raceway" in Roseville. This is another great facilty to race on road cars. Then, you know we have great places.
Seems you race off-road, was that forced upon you because of the lack of facilities?

Save you money, get your passport ready and head to Thailand later this year and you'll see something spectacular that may change your opinion about the subject.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blis
Thanks for the great feedback, it's easy to write when it's true...

Something for those who know what I mean to enjoy.. Even if it's a rained out event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiSAjECZ0X0
that video just makes you want to get to the track in the worst way...great video
Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

nice vid, thanks for sharing....
Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Nitro forever!
My GOODNESS that track was huge. You needed a lot of motor and the widest gears you could find. Man I would have LOVED to race there
Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spenzalii
My GOODNESS that track was huge. You needed a lot of motor and the widest gears you could find. Man I would have LOVED to race there

One day someone international might want to have a holiday in Australia and come play with us.... And this year the Nats are at my home track... Ever hopeful... but for now, here's some more of the Aussie Nats from the event at Lilydale in Victoria. It's a 9 part Video.. more to come soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25vL3aAicm8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFeUxcspbcE
Old 04-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

blis, real nice vid, they are getting better every time, Love rc nitro videos
Old 04-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YLLIB
blis, real nice vid, they are getting better every time, Love rc nitro videos
Thanks Billy..

Transcoding the other segments and will upload them over the week ahead.

h
Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Nice videos
Old 04-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G4.Tragic
Nice videos
Playlist on sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/user/blisx264/videos

A couple more to add..

h
Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hey donnie707......

...... all the power to you. [ I wasn't intending on putting you down in any way ]. Please do run that Evo+ ...... if you get to your lhs's, there are probably HPI parts for your car or they can be ordered..
Todays .12 motors versus the motors of ten years ago - it's like night and day.. I jus wanted to make sure you didn't misunderstand me . Run what ya' brung. -for a few years ive been wanting to dust off my ReflexNT-charge my batteries and go.
I'd scrolled back.....and I hope your outlook changed for the better- you initiated this thread.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've raced all classes in off road electric and gas. 12th and touring modified on carpet and asphalt. Nothing holds my interest like nitro onroad.....period. It's what I prefer to race and always will. I've have nothing against other classes nitro onroad is just more fun.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I've raced all classes in off road electric and gas. 12th and touring modified on carpet and asphalt. Nothing holds my interest like nitro onroad.....period. It's what I prefer to race and always will. I've have nothing against other classes nitro onroad is just more fun.
+1

Also...FBF in Brooklyn, NY and Blue Diamond in DE, keeps on-road alive in the Northeast...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.