Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
20% or 30% fuel for 1/8 on-road engine break-in? >

20% or 30% fuel for 1/8 on-road engine break-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% or 30% fuel for 1/8 on-road engine break-in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default 20% or 30% fuel for 1/8 on-road engine break-in?

Hi,

What nitro fuel content you use to break-in 1/8 on-road engine?

Higher 30% give more power but for break-in should be 20% or 30%?

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

I suggest to use the same fuel ( nitro % ) after break in. Break in with 20% or 30% is up to you.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Definitely use the exact same fuel for break-in as you plan to race with. O'Donnell 30% works good, or any high quality fuel that is readily available from your LHS.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

US Matrix

IMO... the type of fuel depends on the type of break in procedure you are using. Some guys use the idling method and some do it while running it in the parking lot !!

Tell you what method i use... its the idling method..... your high needle is open to the max, which is just about so much that your engine is idling at full throttle. and the wheels are free..(off ground) with this method we have run in many engines and they all are working strong except for one V-Spec which lost the air filter during a jump and sucked in all the sand till it just quit........... the fuel we use is with a high content of oil usualy its the byron 5% nitro and 20% oil..I run do about 3 tanks non stop idling with this fuel and later a couple of more tanks on the ground running with short bursts......the reason for doing the high oil thing is usually it helps remove all the dirt/grit/grains or residue that might have been left behind.......

after this we guys usually change fuel depending on what we are doing with the engines/cars..... if its bashing...15-20% nitro and 30% while racing.. with 12 % oil.

Its difficult to maintain fuel types here...... coz of shortage at times....... and also during racing we usually get a particular brand (sponsored fuel)..... mostly byron 30 race version but i prefer cool power. which is what i use.....

I am not champ... but this is what worked for me.....just sold a two year old OS TR which was running strong with the same idling method..after loosing a conrod i checked the piston and sleeve the compression was still there the guy at the LHS ssaid no need to replace that still works fine...........

Cheers
ZiiZo.......
Old 01-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks all your great suggestion. Will try that.