Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lrp 30 spec 2 in mugen seiki mrx4x

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Lrp 30 spec 2 in mugen seiki mrx4x

I recently acquired a Mugen seiki mrx4x and was wondering if I can run a lrp 30 spec 2 in the chassis. The engine fits but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea as I am new to this. The lrp is just a spare engine I had laying around but I also don't want to blow it up seeing how its only rated at 33k rpm. I seen a Guy asking about the 30x in a dm1 a few posts down so I figured I would ask if this was a good idea or not as the 2 cars are very different. Any insight?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

There's no problem running it, but you will be missing about 12 000RPMs.

So you should compensate it with as long gearing as possible. (45/22 & 48/17) with big tyres. Be carefull for leaning the engine too much. It will not be as fast as onroad engines.

-X-
Old 03-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MRX4XXXX
There's no problem running it, but you will be missing about 12 000RPMs.

So you should compensate it with as long gearing as possible. (45/22 & 48/17) with big tyres. Be carefull for leaning the engine too much. It will not be as fast as onroad engines.

-X-
Could you inform me more on what you mean by 45/22 and 48/17. Also, what would be a cheaper reliable motor to put in this car? Know anybody selling a nice used motor for a decent price by chance?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rsc450
Could you inform me more on what you mean by 45/22 and 48/17. Also, what would be a cheaper reliable motor to put in this car? Know anybody selling a nice used motor for a decent price by chance?
The only second hand engines I'd buy are from top drivers who are buying new engines because they are faster and newer. Buying an engine off anyone because it wasnt fast enough means they've pushed it hard already and the best is gone.

Best buy new affordable Italian or Japanese engine, care for it and it will outlast any of the CHEAP engine and give you a value for money experience in the lon run.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Spur gears 45/48 tooth
Pinion gears 22/17 tooth (22 available from Kyosho for example)

Many people have liked the Novarossi N21-5T. It is sold in Europe for 130Euro's and it is defenatly good value for the money.

-X-
Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MRX4XXXX
Spur gears 45/48 tooth
Pinion gears 22/17 tooth (22 available from Kyosho for example)

Many people have liked the Novarossi N21-5T. It is sold in Europe for 130Euro's and it is defenatly good value for the money.

-X-
Thanks for the quick responces guys. I will check out the n21 5t. I was also looking at the picco p9, Novarossi plus 35 , novarossi kangaroo and the RB classico 11. Leaning more toward the classico because its on the cheaper side and I don't have a ton of coin to spend . Which would you prefer out of these engines?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the quick responces guys. I will check out the n21 5t. I was also looking at the picco p9, Novarossi plus 35 , novarossi kangaroo and the RB classico 11. Leaning more toward the classico because its on the cheaper side and I don't have a ton of coin to spend . Which would you prefer out of these engines?
I like the 35PLUS21 the most. You can also have it with steel bearings nowadays, so it will bring the price lower. I also have one kangaroo, but haven't run it yet so can not say anything yet about it.

-X-