Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn Lab C-02 OR Shepherd Velox V10? >

Capricorn Lab C-02 OR Shepherd Velox V10?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn Lab C-02 OR Shepherd Velox V10?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Does anyone know if the Velox comes in under 1700g if you run the "light stuff" and a Li-Po battery too?

BM
Yes it's under as well. We run brass on ours to make weight.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Anthony,

Is very tempting, maybe i can come over and see our agents Indianapolis and have a paid trip to the states.

Do like the shocks on the Velox V10, clutch is a bit rubbish though and some of the plastic on the car looks alot like Associated from the NTC3.

Andrew
What do you not like about the clutch?

The plastics on the car are fine. No issues with them.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G87z
What do you not like about the clutch?

The plastics on the car are fine. No issues with them.
The little bearings, i had one stuck on the thrust bearing retainer and it exploded while i had my multi grips on it. Don't like how you have to cut the shoes either, but i know Shepherd aren't the only brand you have to do this for.

Andrew
Old 03-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
The little bearings, i had one stuck on the thrust bearing retainer and it exploded while i had my multi grips on it. Don't like how you have to cut the shoes either, but i know Shepherd aren't the only brand you have to do this for.

Andrew
It takes the same bearings as the X-ray.with cutting the shoes it lets you modify them how you want. Well for me at least.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

I get the impression the clutch on the Shepherd is slightly smaller then usual is that right? .... Not sure where I got that impression from though.

Which one would you guys say has the advantage here in adjust ability, or maybe I should say, ease of adjustments. I presume both has all the usual adjustments that can be made, including roll centre changes etc.

I like to make adjustments quickly so as I can then get the chance to feel the
difference in the car asap.

BM
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

I'm leaning towards the Capricorn guys....
A little nervous on parts prices though. All seam very expensive and only a few places carrying parts right now as Shepherd seams better supported here in the states.

Maybe I should go buy my engine first then come back to this decision ...

Thanks everyone for your input on this.

BM
Old 03-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

i have had both and have good and bad on both but for a good quick car with a good clutch go the cap
Old 03-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I get the impression the clutch on the Shepherd is slightly smaller then usual is that right? .... Not sure where I got that impression from though.

Which one would you guys say has the advantage here in adjust ability, or maybe I should say, ease of adjustments. I presume both has all the usual adjustments that can be made, including roll centre changes etc.

I like to make adjustments quickly so as I can then get the chance to feel the
difference in the car asap.

BM
The clutch is smaller than the Xray. The Cap clutch is also small. Both cars have all the usual adjustments. I do like the Cap's front wire roll bar. From owing a Shepherd myself and watching friends of mine work on the Cap I would have to say the Shepherd is easier to work on.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

A little nervous on parts prices though. All seam very expensive and only a few places carrying parts right now as Shepherd seams better supported here in the states.

BM
You'd also probably enjoy knowing the clutch bell on the shepherd I know for sure, meshes with a G4.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
You'd also probably enjoy knowing the clutch bell on the shepherd I know for sure, meshes with a G4.
That is good to know having 2 or 3. G4 clutches.
Are the parts interchangeable, I mean do the G4. Shoes work in the Shepered or just the pinions/ clutch bell?

BM. ?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

BM
We import the Capricorn products and have everything you need in stock. We encourage you to work with your local dealer to get what you need but you are always welcome to call us direct: 305-6773253 or [email protected].

The Cap C01/C02 is the current National Champ, it's dominating the very competitive Florida Series (1-2-3) and in general a great car. Look at the race results. They speak for themselves.

Also, check out the C01/C02 thread and you will find lots of great advice including tips and help from the DJ Apolaro, the current ROAR champ.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are the parts interchangeable, I mean do the G4. Shoes work in the Shepered or just the pinions/ clutch bell?

BM. ?
The choice of the car really comes down to how much you want to spend, how easy you can get parts, what are most of the locals running at your track, and the list can go on for ever. Have you had either of the cars in your hands to physically inspect them? At this point both cars are very capable in the right hands.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

No. Had neither in my hands, all parts and the car would need to be bought online. Local racers run older chassis.... plus we haven't had a local outdoor track for around 4 years. Nearest track is 2.5 hrs away!
Thats Joliet, IL. .... an excelent facility actually!

Good news is that we may well have an outdoor track this year ... hence the re-born interest in running gas.

BM
Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

BM. ?
The whole clutch would work.. Pinions included. Might have to shim the crank to use the UFO on the V10.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
The whole clutch would work.. Pinions included. Might have to shim the crank to use the UFO on the V10.
Good to know. Thanks 'blis'

I really don;t know which way to go with this, which car to get.???

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.