R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-11-2002, 04:48 PM   #46
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by YBSLOW
According to MyTsn.com Brian Berry used the#2691 header/pipe set.
Partly correct But the 2691 will just get you the pipe alone <LOL>

Both Bryan Berry and Ralph used the 2690 inline pipe (Pipe-set in-line SX-15 polished EFRA 2503). This includes the whole inline set (i.e. pipe + header).
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:16 PM   #47
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to SuperMugen

Dennis: I also had the problem with the front pinions in the gearbox stripping, although I had it happen to the rear as well. I'm sure your motor is helping tear apart the drivetrain as well lol. The graphite hex hubs also stripped from so much power. I might add that I'm still running the Associated front one-way and it has held up fine. Jeff Lewis one of the sponsored Associated drivers in my area, also stripped the pinion gears in the diff case last sunday. So this problem is definately happening to a lot of people, and needs some attention. BTW, can I use the stock gasket that comes with the Collari rear exhaust .12 on the associated header? It seems like a somewhat loose fit. Thanks
SuperMugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:45 PM   #48
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mugen I sent you a PM, yes I have been getting a stock oneway to live as of late but plan to upgrade to a yokomo part. Funny team associated was using them at the nationals as I understand it, I was told that I didn't actually see it myself I was busy with other things all week. HUM
Yes they broke some parts but would not admit it publically wont say how we know but we do.
Barry ran the stock tank in the main but was complaining about fuel mileage in qualifiers (there was some politics there I believe) All of the rest of the team ran the new tank. The new tank solves one issue which is back flow of fuel into the pipe off throttle but many of us know that already however it has another issue as I cut a tank apart to study it. (there will still be issues with half tank flame outs) because of the pickup length into the sintered filter. The other two issues I am working on is the foaming from fuel tank vibration (I believe this is the most critical issue and it is not easy to solve) anything you can do to mount the tank so it wont vibrate and foam the fuel will help you bigtime. (the vibration is foaming the fuel not the pressure from the tuned pipe) the last issue is the fuel line which falls off sometimes from the vibration and it exits right in front of the exhaust header which is about 720 degrees at full temp. This can boil the fuel in the line and cause the engine to lean and flame out (If the fuel line gets over 250 or so the fuel will boil in the line) This could be why the side exhaust guys are having less of a problem with it I have not done enough testing to be certain or not but I am working very hard on the fuel issue and a rock solid solution.

yes I have been testing some prototype rear exhaust pipes. They look promising.
Just here to give the world grief.

Last edited by Motorman; 07-11-2002 at 07:51 PM.
Motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:42 PM   #49

I solved the fuel line pop-off problem by flaring the exit tap with the trusty soldering iron, I may go back to my vibe solution as I had thought that using high damping servo isolators would fix the problem alone. I was just using the two front screws before and supporting the back of the tank with velcro(which is an excellent vibration abosorber) in the back. That seemed to work pretty well. I am beginning to think that the pinion stripping is caused by the six tooth drop and the extra load it places on the pinion, it happened to just about everyone at Cincy, then again everyone was running a six tooth drop. I have also found that you can place three shims to one side on the input shaft and after a few runs it will spin fine and you end up with a more durable gear mesh (less slop). That's my .02
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 10:28 PM   #50
Tech Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to SuperMugen

Dennis: Thank you for the PM, you got some nice stuff in the works. BTW, Jeff Lewis was running the new prototype tank on sunday, oddly enough he stalled about 5 seconds after the start of the main. Associated needs to figure that thing out once and for all. Does Lett realize the problems there are with the tank design or what?
SuperMugen is offline   Reply With Quote