Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
1/8 IGT/GT buggy based ROAR/IFMAR RULES?? >

1/8 IGT/GT buggy based ROAR/IFMAR RULES??

1/8 IGT/GT buggy based ROAR/IFMAR RULES??

Old 11-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default 1/8 IGT/GT buggy based ROAR/IFMAR RULES??

I am sure this has been asked before. But I want to know if Roar or IFMAR are or will make the 1/8 IGT an official class this next year 2012?

It would nice to have this class added to the big on road races around the country also the Fuel Nationals and Worlds Officially.

I have been racing 1/8 IGT this last year and can tell you this class is just as competitive and fun as 1/10 and 1/8 GT. I know at least here in Texas and several other states have added IGT to their on road race programs and I am grateful. I just don't understand why it hasn't become an Official race class already.

I don't think this an unreasonable request. But if I or we as a group "IGT racers" need to do something to help this cause. Please let us know. If we need to strike, petition, rally or pay someone off. Please let us know.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really doubt IFMAR will put their hands on this class ... too much onroad drivers see it as a "toy car class".

Im a fan of IGT and i push the most i can in my country for the class to grow ...

Other than that, the only brands that actually have IGT cars are Kyosho and Ofna, and i think Kyosho discontinued their IGT line up, so only 1 brand

And you have to add that IGT as you know it, is only raced in USA, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Brasil and couple other countries, rest of the world with "GT" class actually race RALLY GAME, very expensive chassis, expensive engines, no 2 speed box, top cars based on belts, etc ...

Hope the class can grow ... but its hard to think that an international federation will put the eyes on it, personal opinion,

cya !
Old 11-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just to clarify, Kyosho did not discontinue GT production. They are planning to come out with new GT line with better 2 speed and other better components early next year.........Stay tuned.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

I'll quit this hobby if Kyosho discontinue the IGT
Old 11-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bassman2
Just to clarify, Kyosho did not discontinue GT production. They are planning to come out with new GT line with better 2 speed and other better components early next year.........Stay tuned.
Yes, it's going to be part of Race Spec -line
Old 11-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Thats good news from Kyosho ...

but on the subject of the thread ... anyone have hopes on Ifmar to put this class into real racing ?

cya
Old 11-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tabushi
I really doubt IFMAR will put their hands on this class ... too much onroad drivers see it as a "toy car class".

Im a fan of IGT and i push the most i can in my country for the class to grow ...

Other than that, the only brands that actually have IGT cars are Kyosho and Ofna, and i think Kyosho discontinued their IGT line up, so only 1 brand

And you have to add that IGT as you know it, is only raced in USA, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Brasil and couple other countries, rest of the world with "GT" class actually race RALLY GAME, very expensive chassis, expensive engines, no 2 speed box, top cars based on belts, etc ...

Hope the class can grow ... but its hard to think that an international federation will put the eyes on it, personal opinion,

cya !
The Serpent Gt car will make its debut in January at the Novarossi Challenge race in Homestead/Miami. It's been a long wait but once you see the car you will see it was worth the wait.

So that should make it 3 cars to choose from. 2012 should be a great year for GT!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Kyosho won't discontinue the IGT but don't look for any Kyosho made race optional parts for their cars. Although people race them, they were simply not designed to perform on a track. I think they were always looked at as parking lot bashers.

We're going to start running the 1/8GT class up here in 2012 since we already have several people with Ofna's and Kyosho's. I'll join the mix only when Serpent comes out with their GT Cobra. I was told around February. Sure as the others do, borrow components from their big brothers, you know Serpent will have a great GT performer right out of the gate.

Blessings from ROAR or IFMAR? Would like to see it but I highly doubt it.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by desotoracing
The Serpent Gt car will make its debut in January at the Novarossi Challenge race in Homestead/Miami. It's been a long wait but once you see the car you will see it was worth the wait.

So that should make it 3 cars to choose from. 2012 should be a great year for GT!
Joaquin ? ... wow a GT race in JANUARY in USA ? man didnt know that ... can you post more information on this ?

regards,
Old 11-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by modelfan
Kyosho won't discontinue the IGT but don't look for any Kyosho made race optional parts for their cars. Although people race them, they were simply not designed to perform on a track. I think they were always looked at as parking lot bashers.

We're going to start running the 1/8GT class up here in 2012 since we already have several people with Ofna's and Kyosho's. I'll join the mix only when Serpent comes out with their GT Cobra. I was told around February. Sure as the others do, borrow components from their big brothers, you know Serpent will have a great GT performer right out of the gate.

Blessings from ROAR or IFMAR? Would like to see it but I highly doubt it.

yes, but you need to finish the race first.
i've been into several races in the past where DM1 took most of the top places after qualifications but however kyosho took the 4 top finishing places after 45mins final.
it's true though (most likely) that kyosho will be a buggy based in the future, too, not fully onroad out of the box like it's siblings
Old 11-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by bobbyblaze; 11-28-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikaR
yes, but you need to finish the race first.
i've been into several races in the past where DM1 took most of the top places after qualifications but however kyosho took the 4 top finishing places after 45mins final.
it's true though (most likely) that kyosho will be a buggy based in the future, too, not fully onroad out of the box like it's siblings
Yes agreed, first you do need to finish.

IMO I truly don't think Ofna can hold a candle to Serpent really. Kyosho perhaps, but not with their IGT cars. I'm sure those Kyosho's needed some major work to last through a 45 min main.

All in all I'm just glad to see another manufacturer step up with an 1/8GT car. Hopefully others will follow suit, again raising the bar of excellence.

I do plan and won't hesitate to buy the Cobra GT in the new year as I don't think I could go wrong with a Serpent. I'm already making some shelf room for it
Old 11-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Actually Kyosho is surprisigly durable car, not the motor, but the chassis incl. diffs etc. Hardly ever DNF
Old 11-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't get me started on Roar. They were pressed all last year to do the rules and include the GT in sanctioned racing and they chose to ignore us. No reason, just didn't do anything for us. I let my membership expire and I never tell anyone about roar anymore. I ignore them like they ignored us.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

I remember ROAR president saying that there will be efforts on put GT Class on ROAR rulebook, but over a year and nothing written about it ... any news ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.