Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Modified Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
I was referring to the comparison of the engines on the straights... You're talking about per lap... Of course anybody would know that the 1/8th scales are faster in the infields and the sweepers than any 1/10th scale car...
Aaah . . . yes, certainly.
Well, we would not often have a situation where a 1/8th car and a Tourer are on the track at the same time, but I'd still have my money on the 1/8th car from the occasions I've seen it.

Anyway, the point about TG's P/L's is all good.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by afm
The Lamberto Collari Motorsport line of engines.

These are true tested numbers...no BS here.........and mine at the track beats the hell out of many Nova based engines moded or un-moded.

The new LC12Pro3 I IFMAR spec engine which conform to the new ROAR rules comes with the modified sleeve with tear drops on the transfers (like JP or NovaMax). You get about 90% of the performance of a hand mod motor at a significantly reduced price. The engine features AAC construction in addition to the new low CG cooling head design.

This engine was dyno tested in the January issue of RC Nitro Magazine. This 3 port ROAR legal engine was according to them The most powerful .12 engine that they have ever tested including 5port Novarossi's!

Just to give you some specs on the LC12Pro3 I courtesy of RC Nitro Magazine

Peak Torque 58 oz-in
Peak Torque at 19,600 RPM
Peak HP 1.6
Peak HP at 33,700 RPM
Max RPM 41,000
This is with 20% nitro fuel!
The pipe used was a 2 piece Novarossi 51602 with 1/2" gap between the manifold and pipe.

AFM
Hi AFM

How long have you had your collari engine for? aac does not last as long as abc? or do they?

Also where can i find a L Collari engine?

Thanks Afm.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by kitracer
Me Too Me too
Old 01-23-2005, 02:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Aaah . . . yes, certainly.
Well, we would not often have a situation where a 1/8th car and a Tourer are on the track at the same time, but I'd still have my money on the 1/8th car from the occasions I've seen it.
Well, the situation could not be helped... Everybody practiced around the same time including 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale. Hence the "accidental" comparison.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why dont some of these engine modders send in one of thier
engines to the mag for dyno numbers. then we would see!!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys. I'd like to know if any of you has had experience with an RB engine. I'm thinking about buying one. Any info would be truly appreciated
Old 01-23-2005, 06:29 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by TRAJ
Hi AFM

How long have you had your collari engine for? aac does not last as long as abc? or do they?

Also where can i find a L Collari engine?

Thanks Afm.
I have my L.Collari engine, hand modified by Mauro Collari since July 2004. Engine is still tight with good compression and has 6 races on it. I only changed the conrod after break-in and 3 races.
Comparing it with my Sirio Evo2 ABC, i'd say this AAC engine is lasting me more. I bought mine in Spain from Micromodel (Carlos Ducay) +34-91-446-3820 or +34-027-416-131.
I also know thw in the USA www.werksracing.com has them.

AFM
Old 01-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by reddishdsb
Why magazines never ask us to send them engines for testing. I did tested my stuff on similar dyno Xtream RC magazine and I do have results. But now no one is requesting
BTW, I am not moddifier, I manufacturer. I have phisical proven that stock P/S will work muchhhh better then modded, which is telling all this moidding on sleeve or piston do nothing-absolutly nothing. No any cuts on sleeve will make engine more powerfull or better in milage. Inital porsts setting, material properties make difference, but not "polishing and porting"
Old 01-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Why magazines never ask us to send them engines for testing. I did tested my stuff on similar dyno Xtream RC magazine and I do have results. But now no one is requesting
BTW, I am not moddifier, I manufacturer. I have phisical proven that stock P/S will work muchhhh better then modded, which is telling all this moidding on sleeve or piston do nothing-absolutly nothing. No any cuts on sleeve will make engine more powerfull or better in milage. Inital porsts setting, material properties make difference, but not "polishing and porting"
Do you have a website were i can view and maybe purchase a motor
Old 01-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by afm
I have my L.Collari engine, hand modified by Mauro Collari since July 2004. Engine is still tight with good compression and has 6 races on it. I only changed the conrod after break-in and 3 races.
Comparing it with my Sirio Evo2 ABC, i'd say this AAC engine is lasting me more. I bought mine in Spain from Micromodel (Carlos Ducay) +34-91-446-3820 or +34-027-416-131.
I also know thw in the USA www.werksracing.com has them.

AFM
How does this L Collari engine differ to the one in your link? http://www.lcollari-innotech.com/english/12/due10.htm

it seems it has a diff carb is the one you sent me a sirio based one?
Old 01-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by JPRacing
Hi guys. I'd like to know if any of you has had experience with an RB engine. I'm thinking about buying one. Any info would be truly appreciated
if you are talking about a rbmods engine, yes i have tried it. i actually have two brand new rex rer12s3 motors. one is rbmods modified and one is bone stock. i really noticed the difference and the modded engine is much faster out of the hole and screams more than the stock. i run a serpent 710, skyline tuned pipe, and i use exergen temp gun. the rbmods motor was quicker than the stock at 225 degrees. i already had the stock at 240 to 245 and it was still not as fast as the modded.

try it and you won't be disappointed.
www.rbmods.net
Old 01-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Tech Champion

Perhaps porting mod and polishing help higher rpm ? Some racers with mod engines (JP) rev higher than stock engines. The sound is obvious: screaming, but stock novarossi guys are not far behind
Old 01-24-2005, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by reddishdsb
I think this is a great idea. Any RC car magazines want to do a test? I'll send in an engine.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Maxy's Engine

Anyone interested on getting a modified engine, please go to our website www.maxysfuel.com.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:53 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by TRAJ
How does this L Collari engine differ to the one in your link? http://www.lcollari-innotech.com/english/12/due10.htm

it seems it has a diff carb is the one you sent me a sirio based one?
Well they differ big time... There is a legal dispute between Lamberto Collari and Innotech over the usage of his name.

A coulple of years ago L.Collari was a partner at Innotech and they made Picco based Collari's. Then he parted out and founded Lamberto Collari Motorsport with his father Mauro Collari, and they currently work over Sirio based engines.

L. Collari Innotech engines are Rossi based engines (not Novarossi). and are not true Collari engines, according to Lamberto. Go to his site, he explains it there:
www.lambertocollari.com

BTW you won't see any .12 engines in his site. It's outdated.

AFM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.