Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RS4 III Mystery Parts(?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RS4 III Mystery Parts(?)

I cannot figure out what these parts are for, but I am sure they were part of this HPI RS4 III. Can you help identify and tell me where they go?
Attached Thumbnails RS4 III Mystery Parts(?)-img_0073.jpg   RS4 III Mystery Parts(?)-img_0072.jpg  
Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Bump... Can no one identify these?
Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Download the manual from HPI's website...
Old 02-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Jay7, brilliant recommendation - thank you! While I'm sure you meant no offense, I wonder if any of your posted questions were ever answered in an equally unhelpful manner.

I'm new to this forum and am hoping for some actual help, because these parts are not in the manual. In fact, many of the Al upgraded parts are very different in geometry from the stock plastic ones. I'm 100% sure these parts were once installed somewhere on this car. Any ideas?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, I'll try and chime in with my thoughts. Don't quote me, just my opinion here.

It seems to me, if in fact those parts did come from your car, they would be used to make up an optional front spool or one-way diff. I can't tell from the pics but are there any holes drilled on the lip area of the pieces?

Due to its shape it wouldn't appear to work anywhere else on the car. You can take out your front diff and compare the outdrive assembly with the pieces and see if anything matches up.

Good luck.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (98%+)
Default yokes

My guess is that they are sleeves and they fit over the output yokes for looks...why not try it out brother. i have seen some output yokes that were sleeved. after installed the shafts and setpin into the drive yokes, try sliding them over to cover them? i think it might be worth a shot buddy.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RahjahDat
My guess is that they are sleeves and they fit over the output yokes for looks...why not try it out brother. i have seen some output yokes that were sleeved. after installed the shafts and setpin into the drive yokes, try sliding them over to cover them? i think it might be worth a shot buddy.

They didn't come with the car, am I right?..They came with the Hop Up parts?....