Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old School Airtronics Caliper 3PS needs new receiver

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Old School Airtronics Caliper 3PS needs new receiver

Hey guys. So im getting back into RC and just bought an AE NTC3. If any of you remember the Airtronics Caliber 3PS from like 1996 thats what im planning to use. My problem is that the Calibers receiver will not fit in the enclosed receiver box with eveything plugged in into my NTC3. My calibers receiver takes all it plugs on the side and not on the top like newer mircro sized receiver. So now i have less room plus i have to use 3 "Z" plug adapters we well. So im thinking of getting a new micro sized receiver. My caliber is 75MHZ FM. This one is for the M-8 but it should work for my cailber too right? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LX0785**&P=0

Thanks...

PS. Right now i took out the receiver box and just taped the receiver to the chassis but thats only temporary as i do want to use the receiver box to protect the receiver.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yea that is all that you need is the new receiver and the new z plugs. The old ones have a differant wiring set up. The wire colors where from left to right, White- Black- Red. The new ones are, White- Red- Black. So all that you do is switch the Black and Red wires and plug them in to the new receiver. Hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Thanks for the reply..i jsut ordered it!