Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rockin G
So you are saying half a turn 5 times? Which equals 2.5 turns? It used to shift fine at 5.5 turns. The manual says 5 1/2 turns. Never heard of writing it the way you mentioned. Yours shifts at 2.5 turns?
'Jacko' researched that interpretation over a year ago.

Mine didn't attempt a shift until '6.......half turns' but I'm plagued with the 'one-way bearing' issue.

4 local hobby shops don't stock nor can I find a person that even recommends using 'one-way grease'. I'm going to try Marv's ' clean-it approach and get some of the Hudy stuff KR145 highlighted. (Hudy's explanation gives some credence to the Do or Don't question)
Old 07-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
'Jacko' researched that interpretation over a year ago.

Mine didn't attempt a shift until '6.......half turns' but I'm plagued with the 'one-way bearing' issue.

4 local hobby shops don't stock nor can I find a person that even recommends using 'one-way grease'. I'm going to try Marv's ' clean-it approach and get some of the Hudy stuff KR145 highlighted. (Hudy's explanation gives some credence to the Do or Don't question)
The manual says start at 5 1/2 turns out. . Right now mine is set at around 6 3/4 turns out. I was getting frustrated doing small adjustments at first, then ended up that far out. Works good.

On the one way oil, only need a drop or 2.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rockin G
So you are saying half a turn 5 times? Which equals 2.5 turns? It used to shift fine at 5.5 turns. The manual says 5 1/2 turns. Never heard of writing it the way you mentioned. Yours shifts at 2.5 turns?
You are reading it correct. 5 full turns plus another half. I usually start at 6 full turns out from flush when I first install a new 2 speed.

Its good to take the 2 speed springs and exercise them with a pair of pliers a few times before installing them. The stock 2 speed springs seem to be pretty tough so this helps soften them up.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Questions?? 5.5 or 5x 1/2

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
I misread instructions first time and did 5 1/2 turns. What it is for real is 5 x 1/2 turns.............so I prolly know what's bugging you here. Could be wrong as well !!
So what does Serpent say......????????

I had better results at '6......1/2 turns' to get a shift until the 'one-way' bearing didn't want to cooperate.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Initiate

I believe its the shaft i took my trans apart and it seems to be a little worn out so i ordered a new one and will see if that fixes the problem. I will let you guys know once i replace it. Thanks for all of the input
Old 07-19-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Would like to add Aluminum rear uprights. On Desoto site there is 4 version. Anyone know the correct one to get.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default cobra trany one way slip

hey there, i bought my cobra gt like 3 weeks ago, the last weekend i ran it for the first time and it was awesome but in like the 3 or 4 fuel tank the one way bearing starts to slip. took down the trany and cleaned the bearing then put it all together but nothing happened the same story. then a friend that has the same car told me that the problem itīs that the bearing canīt be without oil but it must be one way bearing oil only. next act was to clean the bearing with some solvent, dry it and put a drop or 2 of the hudy one way bearing oil. put it all together once again and it was like magic never again the bearing slipped. the car has a gallon through it and perfect.

with the gearbox issue, i set it as the manual says 5-1/2 turns and perfect but for my local track itīs a bit long, i must loosen the 2speed a bit.

anyone has installed the upgrade for the roll bars? the hard shaft roll bar set?
Old 07-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If this has been asked before, my apologies. I am looking for the part number for the rear drive shaft. I thought I had the correct number, got it from the manual, but it is not identical; it is the correct length, but the diameter is larger. Also, what are people using for grease on the CV joint? I used some old MIP cvd grease, but it failed and the pin wore a grove in the shaft.
Thanks.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mcsquish
If this has been asked before, my apologies. I am looking for the part number for the rear drive shaft. I thought I had the correct number, got it from the manual, but it is not identical; it is the correct length, but the diameter is larger. Also, what are people using for grease on the CV joint? I used some old MIP cvd grease, but it failed and the pin wore a grove in the shaft.
Thanks.
I have had unbelievable life from all my CV joints using Bell-Ray super clean m/cycle chain lube. its in a spray can. its really thin on application and dries tacky , will not throw off and up to the pressure. I think any good road bike chain lube would be up for the task
Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...eg-alu-p-28867
Old 07-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can anyone advise the part# for 0 deg steering block (composite material, not alu)??
Thanks.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbs
Can anyone advise the part# for 0 deg steering block (composite material, not alu)??
Thanks.
It is my understanding that they are only made in aluminum.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbs
Thanks.
Aluminum only part number right on Serpents home page.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

there is no composite at this time
Old 07-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

That link from Rc-mushroom It's out of stock.

Anyone has anothe store selling it??

i just need the C-Hub or should i buy the Steering Blocks also?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.