Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 05:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Just a heads up if you haven't found it already Serpent has created a group on Facebook specifically for the Serpent Cobra GT. Great way to stay in touch with your fellow drivers and share your success with the car.
Can you give us the directions, i tryed and did not found. only found "Serpent Cobra"
Old 08-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

In FB.... Search Serpent GT Onroad Gas
Old 08-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking for the Hole to Hole shock length for the shocks that come on the Serpent GT cars. I would like to try a different shock on my dirt oval car. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default tthrottle servo

I'm changing my throttle servo to hitec from the savox brand. Why won't the servo spline inserts for hitec work with the stock throttle servo horn linkage for the GT? Do I have to purchase a hitec specific horn made by Serpent that comes with its own inserts?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
I'm changing my throttle servo to hitec from the savox brand. Why won't the servo spline inserts for hitec work with the stock throttle servo horn linkage for the GT? Do I have to purchase a hitec specific horn made by Serpent that comes with its own inserts?
The Hitec servos take a 24 tooth spline where the Savox take a 25. Inside the kit you should fin a 23 24 and 25 insert for the stock arm, you will need to change this or you will run into problems with centering soon. Basically the servo will destroy the plastic gearing and you'll be left with an arm that travels because there is nothing to grab. Some of these inserts are very tight so you may have to use a little force.

You could also and I recommend going with the 24 tooth aluminum servo arm.
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...3&cat=0&page=1
Old 08-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Default hmm

The Hitec servos take a 24 tooth spline where the Savox take a 25. Inside the kit you should fin a 23 24 and 25 insert for the stock arm, you will need to change this or you will run into problems with centering soon. Basically the servo will destroy the plastic gearing and you'll be left with an arm that travels because there is nothing to grab. Some of these inserts are very tight so you may have to use a little force.

You could also and I recommend going with the 24 tooth aluminum servo arm.
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...3&cat=0&page=1
My kit did not come with extra splines. I have other ones with an h for hitec written on them but they dont work with the serpent servo arms. Guess I have to find some. Thanks Ty
Old 08-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My kit did not come with extra splines. I have other ones with an h for hitec written on them but they dont work with the serpent servo arms. Guess I have to find some. Thanks Ty
Thats weird because the kit does come with extea splines.
23,24 and 25.
The kit also come with extra shock pistons too. So take a look againg just to make shure you dont have it.
If not then get this part #600294 wich is better than the stock and it will work with your servo.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default I looked everywhere

Originally Posted by Joseph16
Thats weird because the kit does come with extea splines.
23,24 and 25.
The kit also come with extra shock pistons too. So take a look againg just to make shure you dont have it.
If not then get this part #600294 wich is better than the stock and it will work with your servo.
I have RTR version and if it was in there I would have found it. I'm going to use a savox servo brand that I know the spline will fit.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would just get rid of the stock servo arm and get a alum. one, stock will tend to flex.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

I have RTR version and if it was in there I would have found it. I'm going to use a savox servo brand that I know the spline will fit.
Ah! That would be why it didn't come with the splines. What don't you like about the stock servos or why are you looking to upgrade? I can help you pick out some Savox if you want.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default crazy

Ah! That would be why it didn't come with the splines. What don't you like about the stock servos or why are you looking to upgrade? I can help you pick out some Savox if you want.
While doing some practice lap on the track the car suddenly went crazy and I lost throttle control. A few guys at the track and myself were able to catch up to the car and repair the track damage. After looking over the car we found that the stock dragon RC throttle servo froze with the throttle in wide open. The servo died and I could not move it manually back to neutral. I purchased a hitec servo to replace it and then found the splines do not fit. Before I drove the car, the steering servo was replaced with a Savox 1267 servo which fit the spline that was already there. I was thinking of getting the savox 1258 servo for the throttle.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey, just letting you know you are not alone had to replace both servos on my RTR. The cause was using Lipo battery!!!I was told LIPO had to much voltage for stock servos. I switched too Futaba S9352HV have not had a problem yet with these.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Don't expect RTR servos in any kit to last long.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

While doing some practice lap on the track the car suddenly went crazy and I lost throttle control. A few guys at the track and myself were able to catch up to the car and repair the track damage. After looking over the car we found that the stock dragon RC throttle servo froze with the throttle in wide open. The servo died and I could not move it manually back to neutral. I purchased a hitec servo to replace it and then found the splines do not fit. Before I drove the car, the steering servo was replaced with a Savox 1267 servo which fit the spline that was already there. I was thinking of getting the savox 1258 servo for the throttle.
Oh yeah Ive had problems with throttle servos in the past as well, it happens. The 1258 would be a decent set up however if you already have a 1267 you may as well go high voltage. This of course only works if you are using a high voltage receiver from a non RTR radio.

My go to setup for servos on the cobra GT is a Savox 2274 steering and a Savox 2271 throttle. The brushless servos work much better in the heavy 8th scale stuff. this setup is ran off of a Lipo and there is a big performance change by doing so.

The 1258 will work but it is not a HV servo. Depending on your setup radio wise i would suggest working towards a HV setup on Lipo as the performance over the NIMH is significant.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Default Radio setup

Thanks Ty, at this time im using the Dx3r pro with the sr3100 receiver. Life 6.6v 1700mah battery. Although the battery is new I may consider upgrading as you recommend. I do have a 7.4 lipo receiver battery in my tool box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.