Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Part number for the backplate is #13025. You can get it a SerpentAmerica.com

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/s...=search&page=1

Glad to hear the RTR is doing well, I have to say after helping a buddy run his in I am very impressed with the quality of this car. Its a Serpent and hold its RTR components to that standard. Awesome car!
I think you need to use lower engine mount. To use the bump start.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
I will look tomorrow, one of the guys I race with has the RTR. I think you are right though!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
I woke up this morning wondering why my right arm is sore...... I read this thread and realize its because of all the pulls I was doing yesterday at the track. (I originally thought it was because of video games. Lol)

I think I might get the back plate and lower engine mounts too. That engine started up right away and really gave me no problems. Still need another day at the track to fully break in that engine.

I like the car set up from the factory, but I'm thinking about upgrading the steering servo and the radio.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anyone have good info on any onroad tracks in S.Cal area. Ran a buddies GT last night and I am hooked. The serpent that I drove was dialed. Thanks Ty! Now I am going to have to spend more money and listen to the wife asking why I need another car.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

GLARCRC races at the Artesia Transit Center (Vermont and Artesia) two weekends a month. 1/8 GT is a growing part of the program.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

INVTRD, tell your wife it's for medicinal purposes. You'll love the Cobra GT. Great car and a very fun class.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
INVTRD, tell your wife it's for medicinal purposes. You'll love the Cobra GT. Great car and a very fun class.
Absolutely right spooky. ...
Old 05-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up GT guys marked this to your race calendar.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...challenge.html
Old 05-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
Take care of Clark down in LA. I told him about GLARC while he was running my car around last night.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by invrtd
Anyone have good info on any onroad tracks in S.Cal area. Ran a buddies GT last night and I am hooked. The serpent that I drove was dialed. Thanks Ty! Now I am going to have to spend more money and listen to the wife asking why I need another car.
Ya know... Serpent makes a great buggy and truggy too!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Any one have a in good shape serpent GT they want to sell?????
I have a keep off 7 that should make a good starter motor. Or is an ISON a better option. Absolute has an ISON for 279.00 plus shipping. It's stock but should work for me just getting into the GT side of the house. May just play with the keep off 7 at first to save some $$$.

I should be home in July for the NovaRossi challenge. Ty you should come down to that race. You can stay at my house and we can drive down for the race. Save you some $$$.

May have to dump a Mugen to get funds for this project. 1/8th Ebuggy may have to go!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Any one have a in good shape serpent GT they want to sell?????
I have a keep off 7 that should make a good starter motor. Or is an ISON a better option. Absolute has an ISON for 279.00 plus shipping. It's stock but should work for me just getting into the GT side of the house. May just play with the keep off 7 at first to save some $$$.

I should be home in July for the NovaRossi challenge. Ty you should come down to that race. You can stay at my house and we can drive down for the race. Save you some $$$.

May have to dump a Mugen to get funds for this project. 1/8th Ebuggy may have to go!
We will talk motors when you come back, I'll explain why I have the ones I do and I'll help you choose which route to go.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

What tires are you guys down at GLARCRC running? Looking at some sweeps right now! It's been a really long time since I ran any onroad other than wednesday nigth. 2001 was the last time I ran something on the streets. Also, what body works. Don't want to waste money on a body if there is one that really works with the car. Just trying to get a shopping list together so I can start budgeting this project. I would like to get a car together for the Novarossi challenge.

Last edited by invrtd; 05-24-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

What tires are you guys down at GLARCRC running? Looking at some sweeps right now! It's been a really long time since I ran any onroad other than wednesday nigth. 2001 was the last time I ran something on the streets. Also, what body works. Don't want to waste money on a body if there is one that really works with the car. Just trying to get a shopping list together so I can start budgeting this project. I would like to get a car together for the Novarossi challenge.
This is what im running right now.

Alpha R3 body
Alpha ultra soft (front and rear) or soft front ultra soft rear
Old 05-24-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Sweep 45EXPs work awesome and body wise I'd go with the new Blitz body. The new body is perfectly balanced and feels much like the Alpha R3 but a little better IMO. I used Sweeps at the Airtronics GP and before you knew it everyone had em on Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.