R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #1051
Tech Addict
 
PinoyCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 717
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
Part number for the backplate is #13025. You can get it a SerpentAmerica.com

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/s...=search&page=1

Glad to hear the RTR is doing well, I have to say after helping a buddy run his in I am very impressed with the quality of this car. Its a Serpent and hold its RTR components to that standard. Awesome car!
I think you need to use lower engine mount. To use the bump start.
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #1052
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyCali View Post
I think you need to use lower engine mount. To use the bump start.
I will look tomorrow, one of the guys I race with has the RTR. I think you are right though!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #1053
Tech Apprentice
 
dflat57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyCali View Post
I think you need to use lower engine mount. To use the bump start.
I woke up this morning wondering why my right arm is sore...... I read this thread and realize its because of all the pulls I was doing yesterday at the track. (I originally thought it was because of video games. Lol)

I think I might get the back plate and lower engine mounts too. That engine started up right away and really gave me no problems. Still need another day at the track to fully break in that engine.

I like the car set up from the factory, but I'm thinking about upgrading the steering servo and the radio.
__________________
That nitro smell.....
dflat57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #1054
Tech Addict
 
invrtd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have good info on any onroad tracks in S.Cal area. Ran a buddies GT last night and I am hooked. The serpent that I drove was dialed. Thanks Ty! Now I am going to have to spend more money and listen to the wife asking why I need another car.
__________________
SWEEP RACING-----M2C-----TKO BEARINGS-----RW MODS----BELLGATE DISTRIBUTORS
HB D815 & D8T
MUGEN MBX7R & MGT7
SERPENT 977 WC
DURANGO DEX210
invrtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #1055
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

GLARCRC races at the Artesia Transit Center (Vermont and Artesia) two weekends a month. 1/8 GT is a growing part of the program.
aft53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #1056
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 884
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

INVTRD, tell your wife it's for medicinal purposes. You'll love the Cobra GT. Great car and a very fun class.
__________________
People spend their lives worrying about death. I'm sliding in broadside h ollering "Wow, what a ride"
spooky 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #1057
Tech Elite
 
pinoy69racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,520
Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
INVTRD, tell your wife it's for medicinal purposes. You'll love the Cobra GT. Great car and a very fun class.
Absolutely right spooky. ...
__________________
HENRY C
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RC TARGET/IGT8 RED /DESOTO RACING/VEYTREX DESIGN LAB
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #1058
Tech Elite
 
pinoy69racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,520
Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)
Thumbs up GT guys marked this to your race calendar.

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. PRESENTS THE 2014 NOVAROSSI CHALLENGE
__________________
HENRY C
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RC TARGET/IGT8 RED /DESOTO RACING/VEYTREX DESIGN LAB
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #1059
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy69racer View Post
Take care of Clark down in LA. I told him about GLARC while he was running my car around last night.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #1060
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by invrtd View Post
Anyone have good info on any onroad tracks in S.Cal area. Ran a buddies GT last night and I am hooked. The serpent that I drove was dialed. Thanks Ty! Now I am going to have to spend more money and listen to the wife asking why I need another car.
Ya know... Serpent makes a great buggy and truggy too!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #1061
Tech Addict
 
invrtd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Any one have a in good shape serpent GT they want to sell?????
I have a keep off 7 that should make a good starter motor. Or is an ISON a better option. Absolute has an ISON for 279.00 plus shipping. It's stock but should work for me just getting into the GT side of the house. May just play with the keep off 7 at first to save some $$$.

I should be home in July for the NovaRossi challenge. Ty you should come down to that race. You can stay at my house and we can drive down for the race. Save you some $$$.

May have to dump a Mugen to get funds for this project. 1/8th Ebuggy may have to go!
__________________
SWEEP RACING-----M2C-----TKO BEARINGS-----RW MODS----BELLGATE DISTRIBUTORS
HB D815 & D8T
MUGEN MBX7R & MGT7
SERPENT 977 WC
DURANGO DEX210
invrtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #1062
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by invrtd View Post
Any one have a in good shape serpent GT they want to sell?????
I have a keep off 7 that should make a good starter motor. Or is an ISON a better option. Absolute has an ISON for 279.00 plus shipping. It's stock but should work for me just getting into the GT side of the house. May just play with the keep off 7 at first to save some $$$.

I should be home in July for the NovaRossi challenge. Ty you should come down to that race. You can stay at my house and we can drive down for the race. Save you some $$$.

May have to dump a Mugen to get funds for this project. 1/8th Ebuggy may have to go!
We will talk motors when you come back, I'll explain why I have the ones I do and I'll help you choose which route to go.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #1063
Tech Addict
 
invrtd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

What tires are you guys down at GLARCRC running? Looking at some sweeps right now! It's been a really long time since I ran any onroad other than wednesday nigth. 2001 was the last time I ran something on the streets. Also, what body works. Don't want to waste money on a body if there is one that really works with the car. Just trying to get a shopping list together so I can start budgeting this project. I would like to get a car together for the Novarossi challenge.
__________________
SWEEP RACING-----M2C-----TKO BEARINGS-----RW MODS----BELLGATE DISTRIBUTORS
HB D815 & D8T
MUGEN MBX7R & MGT7
SERPENT 977 WC
DURANGO DEX210

Last edited by invrtd; 05-24-2014 at 10:39 AM.
invrtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #1064
Tech Elite
 
pinoy69racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,520
Trader Rating: 175 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by invrtd View Post
What tires are you guys down at GLARCRC running? Looking at some sweeps right now! It's been a really long time since I ran any onroad other than wednesday nigth. 2001 was the last time I ran something on the streets. Also, what body works. Don't want to waste money on a body if there is one that really works with the car. Just trying to get a shopping list together so I can start budgeting this project. I would like to get a car together for the Novarossi challenge.
This is what im running right now.

Alpha R3 body
Alpha ultra soft (front and rear) or soft front ultra soft rear
__________________
HENRY C
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RC TARGET/IGT8 RED /DESOTO RACING/VEYTREX DESIGN LAB
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #1065
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by invrtd View Post
What tires are you guys down at GLARCRC running? Looking at some sweeps right now! It's been a really long time since I ran any onroad other than wednesday nigth. 2001 was the last time I ran something on the streets. Also, what body works. Don't want to waste money on a body if there is one that really works with the car. Just trying to get a shopping list together so I can start budgeting this project. I would like to get a car together for the Novarossi challenge.
Sweep 45EXPs work awesome and body wise I'd go with the new Blitz body. The new body is perfectly balanced and feels much like the Alpha R3 but a little better IMO. I used Sweeps at the Airtronics GP and before you knew it everyone had em on Lol.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread SweepRacingUSA Nitro On-Road 782 12-04-2016 06:09 PM
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 04:11 AM
Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy Preston777 Nitro Off-Road 11732 04-22-2016 11:59 AM
2010 Ipanema US GT Nationals September 3rd through 5th JLock Racing Forum 220 11-01-2010 06:05 PM


Tags
serpent 977, serpent cobra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0