Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Steering arm issue -

Have everything in there and bolted up. I'm running an Associated XP1015 servo.

When I try and go both ways to full lock, its looking like I have more left turn than I do right turn. I get about 3/4 of the way and then its as if I'm fighting through the servo saver. THis is by hand, not using the transmitter yet. Just seems like I should have full throw since the servo itself has plenty of movement left, but its binding up somewhere.

I have the 4-3-2 spacers in and I've checked to make sure arm is clearancing the plastic.

Anyone have this issue? Tried searching for "steering" and didn't come up with anything.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Crawlin
Steering arm issue -

Have everything in there and bolted up. I'm running an Associated XP1015 servo.

When I try and go both ways to full lock, its looking like I have more left turn than I do right turn. I get about 3/4 of the way and then its as if I'm fighting through the servo saver. THis is by hand, not using the transmitter yet. Just seems like I should have full throw since the servo itself has plenty of movement left, but its binding up somewhere.

I have the 4-3-2 spacers in and I've checked to make sure arm is clearancing the plastic.

Anyone have this issue? Tried searching for "steering" and didn't come up with anything.
Make sure your option 3 plate screws aren't too tight, I've tightened mine too much before. Once they break in they will be perfect. Also maybe check your balls and make sure the plastic cups aren't causing the tightness.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Crawlin
I removed the one screw that was on the side of the ring gear and now she spins freely even with all the screws fully tightened. I'd have to say that was my issue, that the button head of the screw(silver/chrome screw) was hitting the ring gear.

Would have never though that could be the issue!
Awesome glad we got that sorted out, I don't even run this screws but maybe I should Lol.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
Hello All,

Anybody using aftermarket/ upgrade steering servo? Brand?

Thanks
Mike

SORRY GUY .. I mean Servo horn..

Thanks
Old 04-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Alot of the Team guys running the KO Propo 30103 Power servo.
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...o-High-Voltage Extremely smooth and powerful servo, I like it alot in the GT.

Other options for 6v application would be Savox 1283
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...eel-Gear-Servo

A little more info on your electronics would help but either of these will work. I've gotten about a season worth of hard driving out of the 1283 which aligns with what others have seen. The KO runs and lasts way longer.

I am still using my good old hitec 7955 T/S
Old 04-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
SORRY GUY .. I mean Servo horn..

Thanks
I run both throttle and steering aftermarket servo horns from Serpent.
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...2&cat=0&page=1
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...9&cat=0&page=1
Old 04-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys, do anyone know how many shims should i get on laterals rear diff in order to get the correct measure? i mean my rear diff have a strange sound like its not good, but i dont know if it too tight or too loose. sometimes get too tight.
Ive been running my car for probably 6 months. idk if it could makes any mess in my car.
Thanks.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

http://serpent.com/news/13746/Team-S...contract-.html
Old 04-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yeah I saw this a while ago! Our fearless leader continues!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alex95
hey guys, do anyone know how many shims should i get on laterals rear diff in order to get the correct measure? i mean my rear diff have a strange sound like its not good, but i dont know if it too tight or too loose. sometimes get too tight.
Ive been running my car for probably 6 months. idk if it could makes any mess in my car.
Thanks.
You need to take the diff housings apart to check on the play between the ring gear and diff itself and adjust as required. Actually I run mine without any shims and the car is about 6 months olds as well with moderate running. The idea is that as the gears wear you'll need to add the odd shim to remove developing play due to wear however so far I haven't needed any shims on my kit.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by alex95
Thanks.
I'm in the same boat as Dan. When the kit first came out we all ran the diff's in without shims as everything was very tight and took a bit to break in. I haven't changed this in two years, I still run no shims and have zero problems. The drivetrain is butter smooth!

Don't worry about the shims unless you are really adimate on running them. If that's the case you'll have to add shims to both sides and then place it in the car. Check for tightness and add shims as needed. This will require taking the diff in and out of the case multiple times.

Either way you are pretty safe, enjoy the kit!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks guys
Old 05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Aluminum C-hub

Anyone have an issue with the aluminum c-hubs rubbing the rims at full steering lock? I just installed them and noticed they rub on top. Sweep rims. Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 05-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

You will need to grind off the top backside it. Kind of at an angle
Old 05-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by triple7s
Anyone have an issue with the aluminum c-hubs rubbing the rims at full steering lock? I just installed them and noticed they rub on top. Sweep rims. Any ideas?
Thanks
Same thing happened to me, you can take the grinding tool of your choice and round it off. Try not to get too crazy to where you damage the integrity of the hub. I barely took any off and it clears fine for me, good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.