R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #946
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
Do the werks lite wgt. clutch work well in the cobra, or is the stock clutch just as good. It worked flawless in my K igt2 for years.
Most guys i know are running either the stock setup or the Buku. Both work well but I'm going Buku this year strictly for the easy of tuning. I ran the Stock all last season without any issues just trying something new this year.
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #947
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,241
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Ty. I'm using the alum./carbon combo stock clutch. I had the werks sitting on the workbench and was wondering. Ran the cobra today and TQ'D with fastest consistent laps but had radio problems in the main.
__________________
www.igthobbies.com / Serpent Cobra GT / 748 TQ / Serpent Eryx 3.0 / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / Flo-Control
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #948
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
Thanks Ty. I'm using the alum./carbon combo stock clutch. I had the werks sitting on the workbench and was wondering. Ran the cobra today and TQ'D with fastest consistent laps but had radio problems in the main.
Nice! If its not broken don't fix it Nah I change springs in the clutch often, tune it in for traction. Check out the Buku really easy to adjust and I hear they last soooo long. I like the stock clutch sure beats a 3 shoe especially for maintenance!
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #949
Tech Adept
 
Flyin Hawaiian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleTy View Post
Nice! If its not broken don't fix it Nah I change springs in the clutch often, tune it in for traction. Check out the Buku really easy to adjust and I hear they last soooo long. I like the stock clutch sure beats a 3 shoe especially for maintenance!
The only maintenance I do with my BuKu clutch is to dust off any debris before the qualifying day and dust off again before the main day.....YES, that is it! The stock clutch work very well as well, you just need to replace shoes little more often, that's all.
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
Flyin Hawaiian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #950
Tech Addict
 
PinoyCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 717
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Diff question

Hello Flyin Hawaiian1,

What diff oil you used at airtronics? I have on throttle pushd on my gt using stock diff from the kit 300k/20k?.

Thanks.
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #951
Tech Adept
 
Flyin Hawaiian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyCali View Post
Hello Flyin Hawaiian1,

What diff oil you used at airtronics? I have on throttle pushd on my gt using stock diff from the kit 300k/20k?.

Thanks.
500,000 in the front and 40,000 in the rear
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
Flyin Hawaiian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #952
Tech Addict
 
PinoyCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 717
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1 View Post
500,000 in the front and 40,000 in the rear
Thank you sir
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #953
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 598
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1 View Post
The only maintenance I do with my BuKu clutch is to dust off any debris before the qualifying day and dust off again before the main day.....YES, that is it! The stock clutch work very well as well, you just need to replace shoes little more often, that's all.

I need just a buku flywheel (don't ask project gone wrong lol). Where can I get one there website doesn't show them separately and my shoes and springs are brand new.
__________________
Brett Adams
Mugen MGT7
o.s. savox futaba
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #954
Tech Adept
 
Flyin Hawaiian1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966ss View Post
I need just a buku flywheel (don't ask project gone wrong lol). Where can I get one there website doesn't show them separately and my shoes and springs are brand new.
Just contact them via phone call or email. I am sure they would take care of your needs.
__________________
Andy Liu "Flyin' Hawaiian"
2015 teams/sponsors:
Serpentamerica/Desoto Racing, Murnan Modified Motors, VP powermaster Fuel, Sweep Racing USA, Speed Passion, BUKU performance products
Flyin Hawaiian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #955
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 598
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1 View Post
Just contact them via phone call or email. I am sure they would take care of your needs.
Will do. 34mm?
__________________
Brett Adams
Mugen MGT7
o.s. savox futaba
66 Box Nova all motor LSX
1966ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #956
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966ss View Post
Will do. 34mm?
Yep! Stock Flywheel is also 34mm
TerribleTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #957
Tech Addict
 
PinoyCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 717
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Body

Hello All,

Is this body fit on cobra

Protoform PF8-GT Clear Body


Thanks
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #958
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyCali View Post
Hello All,

Is this body fit on cobra

Protoform PF8-GT Clear Body


Thanks
yup but you might have to cut the bumper a bit for the wheels to be right on the wheel wells

not my pic but it looks good and will be my next paint scheme
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent Cobra GT-gt.jpg  
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #959
Tech Elite
 
Pit-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cali/Texas
Posts: 2,241
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know the internal ratio of our GT Cobras?
__________________
www.igthobbies.com / Serpent Cobra GT / 748 TQ / Serpent Eryx 3.0 / Desoto Racing / Veytrex.com / JZRacing / Flo-Control
Pit-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #960
Tech Champion
 
FastPete's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,202
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-racer View Post
Does anyone know the internal ratio of our GT Cobras?
Think its 43/13 3.30
__________________
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread SweepRacingUSA Nitro On-Road 782 Yesterday 06:09 PM
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 04:11 AM
Serpent 811 Cobra Buggy Preston777 Nitro Off-Road 11732 04-22-2016 11:59 AM
2010 Ipanema US GT Nationals September 3rd through 5th JLock Racing Forum 220 11-01-2010 06:05 PM


Tags
serpent 977, serpent cobra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:33 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0